You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Fable to come to the PC :)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2005, 03:28 PM   #1
Homer of Kittens

Default Fable to come to the PC :)

About one third bigger, the highly acclaimed XBOX hit "Fable" is coming to the PC. PC owners rejoice

http://pc.ign.com/articles/595/595073p1.html

Firefox rules
Old 03-10-2005, 03:32 PM   #2
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
About one third bigger, the highly acclaimed XBOX hit "Fable" is coming to the PC. PC owners rejoice

http://pc.ign.com/articles/595/595073p1.html
I used to want this game so bad, but when it came out for xbox everyone said it was highly overrated. I'll probably get it for xbox now though, since it's only $20.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
merely human

THAT'S AWESOME!!

Quote:
The biggest addition is likely the huge new content portion of the game. In a meeting yesterday, Molyneux reported that the game will be a third bigger than the Xbox version of the game. While he doesn't want to give away details on the extra parts of the gameplay just yet, he did mention that players who noticed the door right outside the Heroes Guild in the Xbox game will have also noticed it was closed and locked. The PC version will open that door up along with everything behind it. Apparently that includes a dragon and a completely new land for players to explore.

Obvious additions to this new content are the things that naturally come with a new area to explore including new towns, new buildings (such as brothels), new creatures, new enemies, a couple of new spells, new weapons, and more.

Combat has also been revamped for the PC version of the game. Molyneux was excited about the changes and seemed confident that they are in fact better and more complete than those on the console. The new system will allow players to link combat types together easier than before including the ability to cast spells with one hand while still holding a sword in the other, the way a proper hero would do it.
Wow, these new goodies!! Why NOT get the PC version even if you already own the Xbox one (like I do)?!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-10-2005, 03:43 PM   #4
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
THAT'S AWESOME!!

Wow, these new goodies!! Why NOT get the PC version even if you already own the Xbox one (like I do)?!!
Why would I want two copies of the same game? Plus, i'm a po' college student. I can't afford such luxuries.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #5
merely human

Hey I'm a po' old man! You got mo' money than I got! Get the PC version, it's got mo' goodies crammed in, ya lard arse!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-10-2005, 04:13 PM   #6
Banned User

Quote:
Hey I'm a po' old man! You got mo' money than I got! Get the PC version, it's got mo' goodies crammed in, ya lard arse!
Good god man! Such slaughter to the English language shall not continue! Anyway, I doubt I have more money than you. I make about $74 every two weeks. What say ye now?
Old 03-10-2005, 04:36 PM   #7
Quixotic

Send a message via AIM to JoeX111 Send a message via Yahoo to JoeX111

But didn't Molyneux come out in a forum post a while back and publicly apologize for the game? That's not exactly news that makes people want to rush out a buy a game, new content or no...
Old 03-10-2005, 05:19 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Sirus

I knew it! I knew it!

It's funny I was just thinking today. "Hey wouldn't it be great if Fable came to the PC?"

I haven't heard positive things about this game though....
Old 03-10-2005, 05:39 PM   #9
delusions of adequacy

a one third larger but still hollow world to explore. Yay!

More people to thrust your hips at and much much more...

If you avoided this on Xbox for whatever reason, (maybe you don't own an xbox) you might as well avoid this on PC too.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:44 PM   #10
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeX111
But didn't Molyneux come out in a forum post a while back and publicly apologize for the game? That's not exactly news that makes people want to rush out a buy a game, new content or no...
Woah. Are you serious? Link me fool!
Old 03-10-2005, 05:45 PM   #11
Homer of Kittens

There are a lot of publications and people who regarded this game highly. I think it got some negative vibe because it didn't live up to the expectations that it set for itself as the best RPG game ever, and that's why Mollyneux was appologizing on the forums, but for what it tries to do, it's still a pretty decent game.

Firefox rules
Old 03-10-2005, 05:58 PM   #12
merely human

It is, yes. I got on XBox and had a marvelous time, partly because I never really kept up on all the hype the entire time it was in development. Although there were the obvious hanging threads in the game (the great dragon mentioned in one of the books you find being one of them), I think they slightly helped 'extend' the depth of the gameworld because you knew about them but they took on this legendary status.

And now it looks like the PC version will finally connect some of those hanging threads.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:02 PM   #13
Banned User

Beat ya to it! Booya!

http://allboards.lionhead.com/showth...ight=apologize
Old 03-10-2005, 06:10 PM   #14
merely human

Erm, yeah. You're the winner or something. Here's a cookie.

Old 03-10-2005, 06:11 PM   #15

It appears that the great RPGs in XBOX would come to PC one by one, Sudeki, Fable and the upcoming Jade Empire. How wise am I to choose PS2 instead of XBOX last year!
Old 03-10-2005, 06:12 PM   #16
Banned User

Quote:
Erm, yeah. You're the winner or something. Here's a cookie.

Ooooh....that's a pretty sweet prize! Thanks! CRUNCH! CRUNCH! CRUNCH
Old 03-10-2005, 06:14 PM   #17
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poroksy
It appears that the great RPGs in XBOX would come to PC one by one, Sudeki, Fable and the upcoming Jade Empire. How wise am I to choose PS2 instead of XBOX last year!
Pffft...sure, you're so lucky you get to play games that make your eyes bleed because of all the jaggies, and cookie cutter japanese anime games! Toy Story graphics? HAHAHAHAHAH!
Old 03-10-2005, 07:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Pffft...sure, you're so lucky you get to play games that make your eyes bleed because of all the jaggies, and cookie cutter japanese anime games! Toy Story graphics? HAHAHAHAHAH!
Surely you could't feel the joy when you kill the BOSS in Shinobi with a single slash, cause you all never had experienced that. Gamespot only gave a poor 7.4 to this great hi-speed ACT. Is there something wrong with their head?

Americans are good at making RPGs and adventure games. But for action games, they're really in their babyhood. And when you talked about the jaggies of PS2, I could confirm my point of view that Americans regard the graphics as the most important aspect. But this couldn't explain why you're still playing some very old adventure games. Because of their gameplay, right? I have the same reason to choose PS2 games. Besides, my favorite console is Dreamcast, for the great IKARUGA and tons of excellent action and shooting games.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:48 PM   #19
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
I think the biggest reason for porting all the XBOX games is that Microsoft does not want to drop the PC as a gaming machine. There is even an article on gamespot in the GDC about the future Microsoft sees for PC gaming:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03...s_6120176.html

The main reason ofcourse is windows. Regardless if they make consoles or not, Windows is the reason why Microsoft is here today and with office is the biggest seller for the company. Like Ron Gilbert has pointed out before in the grumpy gamer, the fall of Apple was partially due to their lackluster support for games whereas Microsoft wholly adopted gamers and developers with Direct X and support. They are even talking about having Direct X for the XBOX 2, so if that's the case, think how easy it will be for developers to co-create games for both platforms.

Firefox rules
Old 03-10-2005, 08:17 PM   #20
Banned User

Quote:
Surely you could't feel the joy when you kill the BOSS in Shinobi with a single slash, cause you all never had experienced that. Gamespot only gave a poor 7.4 to this great hi-speed ACT. Is there something wrong with their head?

Americans are good at making RPGs and adventure games. But for action games, they're really in their babyhood. And when you talked about the jaggies of PS2, I could confirm my point of view that Americans regard the graphics as the most important aspect. But this couldn't explain why you're still playing some very old adventure games. Because of their gameplay, right? I have the same reason to choose PS2 games. Besides, my favorite console is Dreamcast, for the great IKARUGA and tons of excellent action and shooting games.
See, I think American action games are the best. I think they're about more interesting subjects. For example, The Suffering, is about fighting your way out of a haunted prison. To me, that's pretty interesting. Now, I could have gotten otogi or whatever it's called, but what the hell is that about? Something about demons and crystals...or something. To me that's just crap. I'm not saying I hate all games from Asia, I loved Shenmue I (not so much the second one though), and FFVII was my introduction to RPG's, not to mention greats like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and i'm dying to get Fatal Frame (did I mention that one of my biggest regrets in life was not playing seamen when I had a dreamcast?). This is all probably because I don't like anime, so a lot of the Asian charm is lost on me, but mostly, I just find the games uniteresting. I have no need to play as a ninja in every game.

But, we both love (maybe loved?) the Dreamcast, so there's some common ground there.