You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General World of Warcraft Intro

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2004, 11:53 AM   #1

Default World of Warcraft Intro

I was watching the World of Warcraft intro sequence

Avaliable here:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/trailer/
or here
http://www.gamershell.com/download_7428.shtml

I'm not normally amazed by CGI effects any more, but this stuff is awsome.

Out of curiousity is anyone playing the Beta, because this one of the few MMORPGs that has caught my attention, and i was wondering is it any good?
Old 11-06-2004, 01:25 PM   #2
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

The intro is pretty good. While the graphics are awesome, I think Blizzard still has problems with movement; it doesn't look very realistic.

My favorite WoW videos have been the fan videos featuring dancing

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 11-06-2004, 01:44 PM   #3

The CGI looks is, as always, fabulous! I wonder if they will do a movie someday.

I never played a MMORPG before, think its too expensive, but this one... I dont know if I can resist, only if has really bad reviews.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:27 PM   #4
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco
I never played a MMORPG before, think its too expensive, but this one... I dont know if I can resist, only if has really bad reviews.
Yeah, I haven't played any MMORPGs before either. I thought this might be the one that lures me into temptation, but then I saw the price. $80 plus another $15 per month. That's way too much money for one game as far as I'm concerned. Games are expensive enough as it is. I'll just make do with StarCraft: Ghost when it comes out.

mag
Old 11-06-2004, 02:37 PM   #5
Oh no he is purple

Send a message via MSN to Nude

have you seen new warhammer 40000 game's intro it blew me away. one of the best intros ive ever seen (visually I mean)
Old 11-06-2004, 03:18 PM   #6
After 2 years...

Perfect grafics, perfect music, perfect direction...and that tranform of the elf into a panther...mmmm
you are in a
Dreamfall
Old 11-06-2004, 03:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Yeah, I haven't played any MMORPGs before either. I thought this might be the one that lures me into temptation, but then I saw the price. $80 plus another $15 per month. That's way too much money for one game as far as I'm concerned. Games are expensive enough as it is. I'll just make do with StarCraft: Ghost when it comes out.

mag
What?!? Never thought it was THAT expensive. It looks like this wont be my first MMORPG after all. I dont understand, a game that costs $15 per month should be free for download or something.

I really hope Starcraft:Ghost does come out someday. Im really looking forward for that one... for about 2 years now.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:24 PM   #8
Resident AG Ninja

It is $80 for the collector's edition, which includes the game on DVD and 4 CDs, a CD soundtrack, a DVD making of, a 200 page art book, a cloth map, and exclusive in-game pet.

The regular edition is $50, and just comes with the game on 4 CDs.

Both versions of the game come with a free month. If you pay for the game three months at a time, its $14 a month, and six months at a time is $13 a month.

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 11-06-2004, 06:50 PM   #9

I've never liked MMORPGs. They're just too time consuming and expensive. I might be more interested if it weren't for the monthly payments. You see, if I have to pay a full $50 and then 13 dollars a month for a single game I'm going to feel obligated to put in a certain amount of time into the game. This doesn't really work for me because I've always been the type who likes to play a game for a good four or five hours in one day and then not play it again for an entire week or so.
Even so WOW has captured my interest, what with it's vibrant graphics and promises of fun gameplay, so much so that I actually find myself wishing there was a single player campaign mode of some sort. Nevertheless I will probably never play it.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey
Old 11-07-2004, 04:43 AM   #10
CSY

see mmorpgs as living in an alternate reality for that timeframe

if you cant/want to spend the time making friends online and adventure with them mmorpgs arent your best choice

its not a game you play just a few hours. you build your character. you play your character. and for this amount of time you are your character

well im heading more for the roleplaying aspect of such games. wich is immensive. playing in a "alternate" world where you arent alone or limited by cpu controlled ai

and costs for a mmorpg arent to high imho if you dont spend enough time in the game you will not have enough fun for the 15bucks

you get nonstop "entertainment" for a monthly fee where do you get it cheaper?
Old 11-07-2004, 05:46 AM   #11

This is the only MMORPG that I've ever been vaguely interested in, but like Draco I don't want to spend tons of cash on it and feel like I have to play it all the time to get my money's worth.

Time which really, I don't have. I have too many unplayed games sitting on my shelf as it is.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:53 AM   #12

Although I am in awe of the Blizzard cinematics I can't help but think that it would be infinitely more interesting if they put this kind of character animation and storytelling in the game instead of between the game...
Old 11-07-2004, 06:29 AM   #13
Resident AG Ninja

If you want to try the game, the Open Beta supposedly starts tomorrow, Nov. 8th. Blizzard is expecting it to be really popular though, and they may actually run out of slots for an open beta! You have to remember that a lot more people than will be buying the game will be trying it during open beta.

The access keys will be given out by fileplanet, and after they have run out, Blizzard will be distributing them from their own website. So good luck if you want to try to play

Old 11-07-2004, 11:36 AM   #14
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nude
have you seen new warhammer 40000 game's intro it blew me away. one of the best intros ive ever seen (visually I mean)
Yes. Blur Studios are extremely talented. Check out their short film Rockfish. Amazing.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:16 PM   #15
mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerShard
It is $80 for the collector's edition, which includes the game on DVD and 4 CDs, a CD soundtrack, a DVD making of, a 200 page art book, a cloth map, and exclusive in-game pet.

The regular edition is $50, and just comes with the game on 4 CDs.
Okay, yeah. I just misread the press release then. My bad. I still think I'd rather stick to my old fashioned RPGs like Neverwinter Nights, though.

mag
Old 11-07-2004, 12:36 PM   #16
merely human

Another medieval fantasy setting? Pretty CG intro, but there's nothing fresh about it. Similar to Myst IV, it looks like the same old stuff but made prettier. I'm sure it's gonna be a top notch quality title, it's Blizzard.

And yeah, I can play a game for hours but all day, every day online just building up something that doesn't exist in the real world? I do have a life, you know .
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-07-2004, 02:19 PM   #17
Resident AG Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjko
Yes. Blur Studios are extremely talented. Check out their short film Rockfish. Amazing.
I stumbled upon Rockfish yestorday, and it was sweet. I want one of those cute climbing dog critters!

Old 11-07-2004, 03:03 PM   #18
mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Another medieval fantasy setting? Pretty CG intro, but there's nothing fresh about it. Similar to Myst IV, it looks like the same old stuff but made prettier. I'm sure it's gonna be a top notch quality title, it's Blizzard.

And yeah, I can play a game for hours but all day, every day online just building up something that doesn't exist in the real world? I do have a life, you know .
Hey! You should show the proper respect for Blizzard. Blizzard doesn't make anything that's not great.

mag
Old 11-07-2004, 03:32 PM   #19

At least Blizzard have have colour in their games, I'm so sick of playing fantasy games that are all the same dull brown. Warcraft has greens, purples, and reds all over the place.

I might wait till Blizzard release some kind of '5 day free trial,' that most MMORPGs have before actually getting it, just to check the game is for me.

I just hope the Griefer/troll/L33t H@x0r crowd doesn't plague the game to badly, because thats the one thing thats put me off MMORPGs.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:39 PM   #20
TM3

Beautiful! I’ve never played any of the games but I really like their artwork and those kinds of things. Man, imagine this as a movie! It wouldn’t be a bad idea at all. The characters are perfect blend of exaggerate and realism. Whoa!
I just want you to know who I am..."
"IRIS"-GOO GOO DOLLS