You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General So I just got KOTOR....wot now? (spoilers!)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2004, 05:39 PM   #61
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyConfused
BTW, if any of you kinds souls care to mosey on over to the hints section and answer my desperate plea for help with the game . . . it would be much appreciated! I'm off to search the web for answers . . . I'm forty hours (logged on the COMPUTER, not in real life, which has been considerably longer) into this game and do NOT want to retrace my steps if at all possible. ARGH.
Silly girl! I just answered it for you.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-17-2004, 07:52 PM   #62
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Unfortunately the story won't let you develop a more intimate relationship with her.
She might not get physical with you like the other bed hoppers but if you're a female and do her quest in a particular order with the main quest and pick the right responses to Carth's advances you can have a talky lesbian romance with her in which she professes love for you.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:03 PM   #63
merely human

Ah so it is possible. You like her, don't you?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-17-2004, 09:18 PM   #64
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Silly girl! I just answered it for you.
Hey, how was I to know you had AGForum ESP?? Thanks. I think I know what's happening, now I just have to stay up all night again trying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
She might not get physical with you like the other bed hoppers but if you're a female and do her quest in a particular order with the main quest and pick the right responses to Carth's advances you can have a talky lesbian romance with her in which she professes love for you.
Yes, I haven't gotten to the, um, bed hopping part but I was getting that vibe from Jehani. Unfortunately (for her) she is not my type. I go for more a kind of Mila Jovovovovovovich thing, so she didn't float my boat, poor thing.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:59 PM   #65
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
I don't blame CR for his Mission crush. First of all, she's got streetstyle as Trep said, and second, as she herself is constantly pointing out, she is NOT a kid. I mean, hey, 14 in her species' years might be like, um, 19 for us!!!
YEAH! Also, it's not like the Sith government's age of consent laws apply to aliens. I could legally have a chance.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:42 PM   #66
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Ah so it is possible. You like her, don't you?
To be honest catgirls usually do knock me for six but it just didn't happen with Juhani. I didn't fancy Bastilla or Carth that much either though, but mostly for their (lack of) personality. The times I did play a female character and gave Carth a shot I just never got all the way through the 'relationship' before picking one of the 'shut up and grow a pair' or 'god you are really annoying' responses. Bastilla was just plain weird, all whiny and vulnerable one minute and then bossy and domineering the next.

Spoiler:

Even if she does shack up with you she runs off and gives herself to captain trap-jaw right after, you don't need that.

Still they are a darn sight better than most of the BG2 'romances'.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:50 PM   #67
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
To be honest catgirls usually do knock me for six but it just didn't happen with Juhani. I didn't fancy Bastilla or Carth that much either though, but mostly for their (lack of) personality. The times I did play a female character and gave Carth a shot I just never got all the way through the 'relationship' before picking one of the 'shut up and grow a pair' or 'god you are really annoying' responses. Bastilla was just plain weird, all whiny and vulnerable one minute and then bossy and domineering the next.
Hey, if a person hits reply the spoiler just shows up! That sucks . . . oh well, I averted my eyes quickly, and I have a spider sense about something related to what I thought I saw anyway. I like Carth, I can't help it, but Bastilla is just a frickin' nightmare--I think she's psychotic. But even having this discussion is fun, because as I was thinking the other day, these are really CHARACTERS--I mean, they have personalities, even more I would say that someone like Kate Walker (gasp! shock! horror! iconoclasm!) or Guybrush Threepwood (okay maybe not Guybrush). So I'm liking that. (Although, come to think of it, TLJ had well-developed characters, I thought.) Are a lot of RPGs like this? I may be a convert!
Old 12-18-2004, 05:02 PM   #68

Quote:
I didn't fancy Bastilla or Carth that much either though, but mostly for their (lack of) personality. Bastilla was just plain weird, all whiny and vulnerable one minute and then bossy and domineering the next.
Well that doesn't mean she lacks personality, it just means she's a complex character. On one side, she's jalous of your (potential) power and the fact that you are indeed the superior jedi, but on the other side she does develop a personal bond and starts to like you throughout the game. I really liked how this was handled in KOTOR.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:03 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
I coveted Mission for a while, until I found out she was supposed to be 13. I had to go take a shower after that.
Rofl, join the club. You're not alone, rest assured .
Old 12-18-2004, 05:25 PM   #70
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Rofl, join the club. You're not alone, rest assured .
*Goes to look for Mission fan fiction web sites.*

Old 01-08-2005, 06:20 PM   #71

Default I finally got the game-Yippee!.

I have some great news to tell you, everyone, and here it is: I have finally obtained a copy of Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic!.

I bought the game today at Best Buy, along with the movie "Troy." I used the 20$ Gift card that I got from my brother Tom for Christmas. The price of the two items together was about $39.00, but with the gift card I presented to the Cashier, the price was brought down 20 %.

I have been waiting to get this game for quite a while, since I read the great reviews for it. I did ask for the game for Christmas from my parents, but seeing as how I already had a big Christmas list, they either didn't buy it for me, or they couldn't find it. But, I now have it here in my hands, and I am now getting ready to play it.

Oh, and Intrepid, here's hoping it's great as you said it was.

P.S. The reason I bought Troy also is because I saw it at the Movie Theater I work at, and I really enjoyed it. I also saw it for free.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:29 PM   #72
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack
I have some great news to tell you, everyone, and here it is: I have finally obtained a copy of Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic!.
OH BABY, I WANNA HAVE YOUR CHILDREN!!!!

....umm, did I say that too loud?

Quote:
Oh, and Intrepid, here's hoping it's great as you said it was.
Just do as I say. Play it exactly as you would an adventure game, but work the character customization like you mean it. Take every single side quest, it will deepen your experience of the human (and alien) soap opera in that damned story. Oh, and I strongly recommend spending skill points in the light saber throwing department; you'll thank me later for it.

Oh, and and and watch out for Bastila. She may be lovely to look at but she's a total bitch.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:44 PM   #73

Thanks for the advice, Intrepid, I'm installing it right now.

Oh, and by the way, don't get over-excited about something in the future, okay?. You make me nervous, sometime.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:47 PM   #74
merely human

Quote:
You make me nervous, sometime.
You're a craven poltroon of a shameless cur.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:38 AM   #75

I'm not gay if that's what you mean.

Anyways, when I started the game last night, I chose a female scoundrel with skills in stealth, persuasion, strength, charisma, and 1 or 2 points in demolitons. I chose my avatar 's face, to be a very mysterious-looking woman with part of her hair going in front of her face. I also decided to name her Adrienne Chaal.

I found the tutorial opening sequence to be a bit tricky, especially since I'm used to playing 3rd-person action or first-person shooter games. But, after a little while, I started getting the hang of it.

I am now on Taris, and I did a little exploring of the planet, and learned how to play Pazaak, also. So, that's how far I'm into the game.

One question, Intrepid: When you complete side-quests, do you earn money, or do your skills just get upgraded?. Sorry, If I insulted you last night.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #76
DAVE

You get money IF you accept their rewards. Depending on which side of the Force you wish to follow, rewards can be "traded" for light side points or you can threaten them to give you more cash and items for dark side points. Just accepting what they give you in the first place seems neutral in some cases.

Edit: And you gain experience as well.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:45 PM   #77
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Anyways, when I started the game last night, I chose a female scoundrel with skills in stealth, persuasion, strength, charisma, and 1 or 2 points in demolitons. I chose my avatar 's face, to be a very mysterious-looking woman with part of her hair going in front of her face. I also decided to name her Adrienne Chaal.

I found the tutorial opening sequence to be a bit tricky, especially since I'm used to playing 3rd-person action or first-person shooter games. But, after a little while, I started getting the hang of it.

I am now on Taris, and I did a little exploring of the planet, and learned how to play Pazaak, also. So, that's how far I'm into the game.

One question, Intrepid: When you complete side-quests, do you earn money, or do your skills just get upgraded?. Sorry, If I insulted you last night.
This is a good choice. I'm replaying the game with a fighter, and she's great, but the scoundrels and scouts have a great many more skills that you'll need at crucial times. I like the scout the best, having tried and failed to get through with a scoundrel, but Trep used a scoundrel--you will need different strategies, but you will figure them out.

Side-quests lead to a bunch of things, experience (XP) which helps you get to a new skill and power level, money, a chance at "light side" or "dark side" points depending on how you handle the situation, sometimes even (I think) further side-quests, and so on. Sometimes something that SEEMS like a side quest is essential to the main story, and often it's crucial to finding out something about the NPCs--your companions. So, they are worth your time. The story development won't be half as rich without them--you can still probably finish the game (and I say probably because these quests are often big sources of crucial XP), but it will be a pretty dull, uninteresting one if you don't take the side-quests and follow the sub-plots.

Enjoy Taris! And being a girl is a great choice . . . The persuasion will come in handy too--later on you may want to increase her wisdom or strength if you get a chance . . .
Old 01-09-2005, 12:50 PM   #78
DAVE

Oh and don't get many level ups in Taris. In fact, stick to level 2. I just did it right now (replaying it before getting KOTOR2 for PC). Trust me, you won't regret it.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:55 PM   #79
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert
Oh and don't get many level ups in Taris. In fact, stick to level 2. I just did it right now (replaying it before getting KOTOR2 for PC). Trust me, you won't regret it.
Catbert, you should put it in a spoiler, but why would you suggest this? I know there is the whole debate about
Spoiler:

When to level up because of your Jedi powers. So how does that work? Do you start off as a lower-level Jedi, and get to choose more Jedi levels, once you get to Dantooine?

The counterargument to that is that especially if you've got a scoundrel, Catbert, and you're playing the game for the FIRST TIME, you may have trouble getting through some difficult parts of Taris WITHOUT levelling up.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:02 PM   #80
DAVE

Quote:
Catbert, you should put it in a spoiler, but why would you suggest this? I know there is the whole debate about
Spoiler:

When to level up because of your Jedi powers. So how does that work? Do you start off as a lower-level Jedi, and get to choose more Jedi levels, once you get to Dantooine?

The counterargument to that is that especially if you've got a scoundrel, Catbert, and you're playing the game for the FIRST TIME, you may have trouble getting through some difficult parts of Taris WITHOUT levelling up.
Pah, I play soldiers/guardians. Even so, you can let Carth fight for you and stuff. I just told him/her to trust me. Nothing more.