Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Psychonauts News: Gamespy interviews Tim Schafer (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/5101-psychonauts-news-gamespy-interviews-tim-schafer.html)

GED X-42 10-14-2004 12:04 AM

Psychonauts News: Gamespy interviews Tim Schafer

More Double Fine goodness :) :9~
There is a new video interview with Tim on Gamespy:

http://media.xbox.gamespy.com/media/...75/vids_1.html

Its a big file (105MB) so watch out

Also some new screenshots and concept art:

http://media.xbox.gamespy.com/media/...75/imgs_1.html

Love the Wacky Races style cars

GED X-42 10-15-2004 02:06 AM

hmmm....I'm suprised no one is interested in this. :confused:

Mattsius 10-15-2004 03:20 AM

Actually I watched the interview and it was quite interesting and a load of fun as it always is when Tim is involved. Thanks for the link.

Kolzig 10-15-2004 03:27 AM

I've never actually heard Tim's voice, he sounds weird.
But he seemed to be as crazy as I had believed him to be, in a positive way of course.

And I have to say this, Zoe Flower *D :9~

Mattsius 10-15-2004 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolzig

Don't say that when wormsie is around. ;)
Quote:

Totally agree. :9~

"Zoe Flower - Serious Journalist" :D

nordic_guy 10-15-2004 03:48 AM

I have a thing against video interviews.

Mattsius 10-15-2004 03:52 AM

I have a thing against people who have a thing against video interviews. :shifty:

Wormsie 10-15-2004 04:39 AM

Quote:

He sounds cute and timid. I'd want my boyfriend (when I get one) to sound like that.
:pan:
*Kolzig*

At least, he sounded cute in the Gamespot interview, don't know about that one. Maybe they had bad recording equipment if it's bad.

Kolzig 10-15-2004 06:15 AM

Nononononononono...

The voice is not weird in a bad way, it's just very different from what I had imagined.

Wormsie 10-15-2004 06:30 AM

Quote:

Nononononononono...

The voice is not weird in a bad way, it's just very different from what I had imagined.

Well, it was very gentle :pan: . Like petting a kitten.

And I had imagined him to sound different, too...

GED X-42 10-15-2004 06:50 AM

I always expected him to sound like Jack Black for some reason.

Though he looks quite nervous in the interview, being on camera next to a rather attractive young lady does that to you.

Probably off camera he's like jumping around and waving his arms all the tme.

Marek 10-15-2004 07:08 AM

Actually, Tim Schafer is a lot more shy than you'd suspect. He's always a little nervous in front of an audience, though he was also one of the best speakers at GDC. He's also insane and reads you horrible Leonard Nimoy poetry.

Tim is an introverted performer, or something like that.

Starflux 10-15-2004 07:11 AM

This was one of the first times I heard Tim speak too (though hopefully not the last time). It's kind of hard to imagine him now without that voice. He sounds like the quintessential adventuredesigner. And hey, that just happens to be so! :)

Anyway, fun interview, and I LOVE that little bit of Psychonauts at the beginning, about the tacky piece of furniture. If the whole game manages that level of entertainment we have ourselves a winner.

nordic_guy 10-15-2004 07:52 AM

...The screenshots looked great, though. I'm loving the sense of detail and that little quirk to everything. If the gameplay should by some obscure reason fail to deliever, at least we know we'll have a lot to look at.

Wormsie 10-15-2004 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marek
Actually, Tim Schafer is a lot more shy than you'd suspect. He's always a little nervous in front of an audience, though he was also one of the best speakers at GDC. He's also insane and reads you horrible Leonard Nimoy poetry.

Tim is an introverted performer, or something like that.

He's just cute. :D

OK, now I'm getting too weird here... :eek:

LeChimp 10-15-2004 08:30 AM

Yeah, I sorta expected Tim to sound a lot like Jack Black too. I guess I just sorta think that they look alike, and after reading the doublefine website, I expected Tim to be insane in the video interviews.

SoccerDude28 10-15-2004 10:06 AM

I dunno why I felt a little disappointed watching and listening to Tim Shaffer in the interview. Maybe coz I had a different image of him in my head when I remember games like Full Throttle and Grim. He did not strike me as a very funny person. On the other hand, I loved Al Lowe in his interview and thought he was really hillarious.

SoccerDude28 10-15-2004 10:08 AM

Quote:

But he seemed to be as crazy as I had believed him to be, in a positive way of course.

For Zoe I add my :9~

Wormsie 10-15-2004 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
I dunno why I felt a little disappointed watching and listening to Tim Shaffer in the interview. Maybe coz I had a different image of him in my head when I remember games like Full Throttle and Grim. He did not strike me as a very funny person. On the other hand, I loved Al Lowe in his interview and thought he was really hillarious.

You don't think Double Fine Action News is funny?

Oh, you like Al Lowe. That explains it all. You have no taste, sir. :pan:

Jackal 10-15-2004 11:30 AM

Yeah, nice breasts interview. :shifty:

Schafer came off exactly as I expected... probably because I just saw his Gamespot interview a couple days ago. :D

No, really, Schafer IS pretty much as I'd imagined. He's creative, artistic funny - not manic zany funny.