Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   steve purcell & pixar? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/4997-steve-purcell-pixar.html)

HieroHero 10-07-2004 06:50 AM

steve purcell & pixar?

does anyone know what steve purcell has actually worked on at pixar..any movies or anything? does anyone know what his actual job is? you know how they always do these games for animated movies..wouldnt it be great if steve purcell headed up an adventure game for their next blockbuster?

jjacob 10-07-2004 07:16 AM

Well there's this guy, but I'm pretty sure that isn't Steve Purcell, although it's hard to tell. If it his him though, he worked on the Incredibles, one of pixar's upcoming movies.

edit: eh it could've been true ;)

Erwin_Br 10-07-2004 08:09 AM

Pixar used to be a division of LucasFilm. I wonder if there's still a certain relation, perhaps only between staff members oe something.

--Erwin

Marek 10-07-2004 08:48 AM

*Waits for Jake to answer all*

Jake 10-07-2004 09:07 AM

As far as I know Purcell is an illustrator doing artwork for John Lasseter's upcoming film Cars. I think it's very similar to what he did at ILM's Feature Film division - namely creating and fleshing out character designs, location designs, and other concept work. Of course, I heard he was doing that about two years ago so maybe he's moved on to a different project or different job within Cars at this point.

As a slightly silly aside, he told me a while back that he recorded a scratch voice for one of the characters too, and as anyone who's watched the special features on a Pixar DVD knows, sometimes the employee scratch tracks end up in the final film, so there's also a very small chance that you'll hear Purcell in the film.

Erwin_Br 10-07-2004 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marek
*Waits for Jake to answer all*

Hmmmmyes...

:shifty: :confused:
(Erwin) (Jake)

--Erwin

SoccerDude28 10-07-2004 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
Hmmmmyes...

(Erwin) (Jake)

--Erwin

Erwin any idea when your graphic adventure is coming out?

Jake 10-07-2004 01:13 PM

Quote:

Hmmmmyes...

(Erwin) (Jake)

Okay what the heck was that? I'm totally confused now, not to mention ": confused :."

Erwin_Br 10-07-2004 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Erwin any idea when your graphic adventure is coming out?

I hope next summer. Things are probably going to speed up a bit soon.

A teaser demo is almost finished, by the way.

--Erwin

Erwin_Br 10-07-2004 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
Okay what the heck was that? I'm totally confused now, not to mention ": confused :."

Uh... never mind. :D

Too much coffee and too little sleep. I hope that's a satisfying enough explanation.

--Erwin

HieroHero 10-07-2004 05:13 PM

thanks for the info jake..i always wondered what he was doing over there...

Glenn Epic 10-07-2004 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
As far as I know Purcell is an illustrator doing artwork for John Lasseter's upcoming film Cars. I think it's very similar to what he did at ILM's Feature Film division - namely creating and fleshing out character designs, location designs, and other concept work. Of course, I heard he was doing that about two years ago so maybe he's moved on to a different project or different job within Cars at this point.

As a slightly silly aside, he told me a while back that he recorded a scratch voice for one of the characters too, and as anyone who's watched the special features on a Pixar DVD knows, sometimes the employee scratch tracks end up in the final film, so there's also a very small chance that you'll hear Purcell in the film.

Indeed, Jake knows all :)

fov 10-07-2004 09:21 PM

Quote:

Too much coffee

No such thing...

Back on topic, I find it rather bizarre that all these somewhat famous people (or at least, people whose names I know) live like, right near me. My boyfriend lived in San Rafael (home of LucasArts and former home of Pixar) until recently when we moved in together in SF. I spent every weekend there. I could have stood behind Steve Purcell in line at Starbucks and never would have known it.

:eek:

(Okay, maybe that wasn't on topic after all, but if you knew what my day was like today you wouldn't blame me...)

Jake 10-07-2004 09:58 PM

Yeah its weird. I grew up in Petaluma and played all the LEC games and loved them, and also knew Skywalker Ranch was just 15 minutes down the road, but I didn't really put 2 and 2 together until someone mentioned that Steve Purcell dropped off a bunch of Sam & Max shirts at our local comic store, and then I found out he lived like 4 blocks from me...