You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Deus ex, unlooped plots, and other stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2004, 07:29 PM   #1

Default Deus ex, unlooped plots, and other stuff

well after i completed it the first time, i wanted to see what would happen if i do certain things

might have to jog a few memories for some people but i'm real curious as to what other people did.

SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED

First plot things that stook out to me...when they come to get paul from his apartment, if you stand and fight he survives later on, if you got out the window hes later dead in the prision facility.

well second time round i stood and fought till i killed everyone..that came to get him, and i try to follow him but everytime i tried this he dissapears down the stars of the reception...anyone manages to figure out where he goes?
i tried it 100's of times...but nope i'd always manage to miss him while trying to keep myself alive.

When navara kills the NSF leader in the plane..well what i'd do is put two grenades on the door, so as she walked in it'd blow her up, so intentionally i didn't kill her but the plot in the game wouldn't let that be realised which i was dissapointed in, but it was a good way to save the NSF guy

later you would normally face her against gunther but anyway..the gunther bit bugged me that you have to get captured...i tried loads of times to kill him or just run outside and escape but they got that invisible wall there so you can't escape...that upset me

one thing just out of being a reckless shooting maniac i am at times when i play these sorta game i shoot random people...well before you fly to area 51 and you shoot the mechanic, the pilot will check his plane and he finds a bomb in it since hes suspicous as to why you shot him and well he doesn't die and getblow up when you reach area 51

some of these things just really interested me about the game...these i guess are flaws in a way..but still made the game great and realised how good a sequel could of been, yet i was let down lol
Old 10-03-2004, 08:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye-Z
one thing just out of being a reckless shooting maniac i am at times when i play these sorta game i shoot random people...well before you fly to area 51 and you shoot the mechanic, the pilot will check his plane and he finds a bomb in it since hes suspicous as to why you shot him and well he doesn't die and getblow up when you reach area 51
Spoiler:

Yeah the death of pilot hits you doesn't it? When his heli exploded I was like noooo! and immediately saved and went back to the Illuminati mansion (or was it templar?) with the helipad bit, but soon realised it was useless since the real mechanic was already dead on arrival (as opposed to the fake one who planted the bomb), I think.. God I love that game

edit: whoops it was late, forgot.

Last edited by jjacob; 10-04-2004 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:25 PM   #3
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Yeah the death of pilot hits you doesn't it? When his heli exploded I was like noooo! and immediately saved and went back to the Illuminati mansion (or was it templar?) with the helipad bit, but soon realised it was useless since the real mechanic was already dead on arrival (as opposed to the fake one who planted the bomb), I think.. God I love that game
You COULD avoid it.

Spoiler:
If you talk to the suspicious mechanic, then go all the way back and talk to Morgan Everett, you can ask him about the mechanic's odd behavior, and find out for sure that the mechanic is a spy. Then you can kill him, and talk to Jock. He'll find the bomb in the helicopter, and disarm it. Then he won't die.

EDIT: Although you can kill the mechanic right away, I'm pretty sure you have to go back and talk to Everett to save Jock.

You can't imagine how satisfying it was to figure that all out when I played.

Last edited by ConcreteRancor; 10-03-2004 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:31 PM   #4
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

Quote:
well after i completed it the first time, i wanted to see what would happen if i do certain things

might have to jog a few memories for some people but i'm real curious as to what other people did.

SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED

First plot things that stook out to me...when they come to get paul from his apartment, if you stand and fight he survives later on, if you got out the window hes later dead in the prision facility.

well second time round i stood and fought till i killed everyone..that came to get him, and i try to follow him but everytime i tried this he dissapears down the stars of the reception...anyone manages to figure out where he goes?
i tried it 100's of times...but nope i'd always manage to miss him while trying to keep myself alive.
I do think he actually disappears (and when he do, it's a sign that he survived).
Quote:
When navara kills the NSF leader in the plane..well what i'd do is put two grenades on the door, so as she walked in it'd blow her up, so intentionally i didn't kill her but the plot in the game wouldn't let that be realised which i was dissapointed in, but it was a good way to save the NSF guy
Well,. you DID kill her, since it was you that planted the bombs.

Quote:
later you would normally face her against gunther but anyway..the gunther bit bugged me that you have to get captured...i tried loads of times to kill him or just run outside and escape but they got that invisible wall there so you can't escape...that upset me
Yes, it's a bit of a bother that you can't survive that fight at all.

Quote:
That's good, isn't it?

Quote:
some of these things just really interested me about the game...these i guess are flaws in a way..but still made the game great and realised how good a sequel could of been, yet i was let down lol
Well, DX is a pretty linear game and you can't take into account every possible route that could have been taken.

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 10-04-2004, 06:13 AM   #5

Quote:
I do think he actually disappears (and when he do, it's a sign that he survived).
yes but where does he dissapear to?

Quote:
Well,. you DID kill her, since it was you that planted the bombs.
not intentionally though as it would seem, get my point?

Quote:
Well, DX is a pretty linear game and you can't take into account every possible route that could have been taken.
i realise that, but thats what made it interesting as to what other people did when they got to these points.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:01 AM   #6
Bogart incarnate

Send a message via ICQ to HeinzHarald

Seems I missed a few things taking a non lethal approach.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:31 PM   #7

haha there is no way i can go non lethal if you put a gun in my hands bwhahahaha

i don't think i even tried to go quietly anywhere unless i wanted to kill someone else first before i go to them to make it easier, i done a lot of killing and running away.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:03 PM   #8

I really need to play some Deus Ex, but damn I've played both games several times Has anyone tried those single player mods, or 'added episodes' like the Cassandra project, are they any good?

btw is there any word of another sequel coming? (I know about the snowblind thing, but I don't think it'll be quite the same)
Old 10-06-2004, 03:18 AM   #9

its better be made for pc, that is all
Old 10-06-2004, 09:09 AM   #10
merely human

Or at least be made for PC first.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-06-2004, 09:09 AM   #11

Quote:
its better be made for pc, that is all
It's weird because Thief 3 turned out alot better as a satisfying sequel than Deus Ex: IW, and both games were released on xbox as well. I don't care if they make it for xbox as well, as long as they port it to xbox instead of vice-versa. DX:IW had shortcomings all over because they developed the game to be "xbox friendly".. So next time, they better think of the pc user first

edit eh trep beat me to it
Old 10-06-2004, 09:12 AM   #12
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
edit eh trep beat me to it
I found the speed augmentation cannister and took advantage of it.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-06-2004, 02:42 PM   #13
Bogart incarnate

Send a message via ICQ to HeinzHarald

Quote:
haha there is no way i can go non lethal if you put a gun in my hands bwhahahaha

i don't think i even tried to go quietly anywhere unless i wanted to kill someone else first before i go to them to make it easier, i done a lot of killing and running away.
Me I generally find action quite boring after a short while so it was quite natural for me to go non lethal. Besides the three scripted kills I had only killed two people as I entered Area 51. When I reached A51 though I had spent so much time on the game I really wanted it to finish, so I tried to just go invisible and outrun every bad guy. When that didn't work I killed them.

Man I remember how I forced myself to bed at around 05 many nights. When I got up I played for a few hours. Then when my dad came home from work I stopped and started playing again later in the evening and all through the night.

Max Payne 1+2 and Call of Duty are probably the only pure action games I have really enjoyed.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Or at least be made for PC first.
that being my point
Old 10-06-2004, 08:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I found the speed augmentation cannister and took advantage of it.
LOL I preferred Run Silently though Ah, the joys of augmentations, we really need a sequel. Any word on that btw? I'm going to google it to get some speculation answers!
Old 10-07-2004, 01:29 AM   #16

In an interview with Warren Spector (coolest surname ever) said that a Deus Ex 3 was in the works.

"Earlier today, during a discussion about Deus Ex: Invisible War and the future of the Deus Ex universe at a press event in south London, Ion Storm chief Warren Spector confirmed with us that preliminary work on Deus Ex 3 has already begun"

Though this was before Invisible War was released, so i don't know whever its still going ahead.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:31 PM   #17

man when i get Deus ex:IW back i will give it another go

but i really wasn't feelin it...i've got a great computer and the thing is still clunky and moves really slow

really bugged me