You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General What PC Games Do You Have Installed That You've Not Finished?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 11:19 AM   #1

Default What PC Games Do You Have Installed That You've Not Finished?

Here's some of mine:

1.Thief: Dark Project
2.Sam & Max
3.Starlancer
4.Dead To Rights
5.The Thing
6.GTA:Vice City

From the Doom Collector's Edition are 7,8,9....
7.Ultimate Doom
8.Doom 2 (haven't started)
9.Final Doom (haven't started)

So, what games have you installed on your PC, but have not finished yet?
Old 09-29-2004, 12:01 PM   #2

1. Thief: Deadly Shadows
2. Soldiers - Heroes of WW2
3. Perimeter
4. Mysterious Journey II
5. Homeworld 2
6. Morrowind

...and don't get me started on console games I haven't managed to finish yet. There aren't enough hours in the day.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:26 PM   #3
Sierra Fanatic

Syberia, URU, Zork Nemesis...those are the only three I can think of off the top of my head.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:18 PM   #4
Love Doctor

Send a message via AIM to Egarthen Send a message via MSN to Egarthen

I can't even imagine having nine unfinished games at once. It would drive me insane. I get antsy if I'm working on two or three at once. Right now, the only in-progress game I have is Fallout: Tactics. It's pretty fun. Combines the humor and atmosphere of Fallout with some perfectly respectable squad-based strategy. I've definitely played worse.

Then again, I'm not counting games that don't have endings. If I include those, there's also Burnout 3 and Dance Dance Revolution on my XBox.

Last edited by Egarthen; 09-29-2004 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:26 PM   #5
A Servicable Villain

Morrowind, but I'm playing that one on PC. Metroid Prime, but playing on GC. Final Fantasy VII, but playing on PS2 (reluctantly). I too get jumpy if I play more than three games at once. But I do try to make it a policy to finish all of my games. I also don't buy enough games to justify rushing it or not finishing it at all. I buy a game, play it, ans finish it. Seems almost a normal thing to do, doesn't it?
Old 09-29-2004, 01:39 PM   #6
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Loads, unfortunately. My vice is buying games on impulse, so I have quite a few I haven't even started, let alone failed to complete. Ones on "the list" that I really should get around to some day are:

System Shock 2
Deus Ex (not even touched this)
Broken Sword 1, 2, 3
Ocarina of Time (Gamecube ¬)
Halo (Xbox)
Old 09-29-2004, 02:03 PM   #7
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
Loads, unfortunately. My vice is buying games on impulse, so I have quite a few I haven't even started, let alone failed to complete.

Same here! I buy up adventure games whenever I spot any that I've been dying to try, and I get bogged down by how MANY I have. Adventure games on my hard drive right now are Dark Fall 2, Broken Sword 3, Missing, and Beyond Good and Evil.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:26 PM   #8
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSuitedLooney
Adventure games on my hard drive right now are Dark Fall 2, Broken Sword 3, Missing, and Beyond Good and Evil.
Stop dilly-dallying and play Beyond Good and Evil IMMEDIATELY! As if your life depended on it. Because let's be honest, it does.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:00 PM   #9
Love Doctor

Send a message via AIM to Egarthen Send a message via MSN to Egarthen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
But I do try to make it a policy to finish all of my games. I also don't buy enough games to justify rushing it or not finishing it at all. I buy a game, play it, and finish it. Seems almost a normal thing to do, doesn't it?
That's exactly what I do. That's why I can't understand playing nine at a time - how can you savor them all?
Old 09-29-2004, 08:32 PM   #10
No justice. Only me.

Thief Gold
Shivers 2 (still!)
Painkiller
KOTOR (I beat it as light side, but since I haven't finished the dark side yet, I don't count it as being "done.")
Old 09-30-2004, 12:10 AM   #11
Evil Webmaster

I might as well cut & paste my list of games and remove some adventure games, Morrowind and a couple of other ones. I don't usually finish games, because a new interesting one pops up and the other doesn't have enough 'power' to still attract me. Couple of examples:

Arx Fatalis - I got stuck on it this summer, I was really looking forward to finish it but now I have other games to play, and I put the box on my desk just to 'remember'. In Memoriam, maybe (which I actually finished)

Gabriel Knight 3 - I had to put this, I installed it like 4/5 times and never finished it. But now I'm working hard to do it, I HAVE to finish it

Heart of Darkness - man, this sucks! This too has gone through the installation process a zillion times and I've never finished it.

UFO Aftermath - I guess I just played it too much, it didn't deserve that much attention
So there you go
Old 09-30-2004, 12:27 AM   #12
A Servicable Villain

I seem to remember the Heart of Darkness demo to be frighteningly difficult at the time.

Egarthen, I completely agree. I want to savour every last bit of my games, and can't imagine doing that if I play ten games at the same time or if I'm rushing a game because the next one is waiting
Old 09-30-2004, 08:29 AM   #13
Alien Hunter

Missing Since January....puzzles are annoying
Broken Sword 3....I keep getting killed
Black Mirror....Was distracted by another game
Old 09-30-2004, 09:29 AM   #14
Mostly absent

There was a time when I had like 20 games installed at the same time, but because of a serious lack of disk space (can you believe that I wrote "dick space" at first ) I don't have that many now. I do try to stick to one game at a time though. It's much easier to get immersed in the game that way.
Anyway, here's the list of my currently installed games:

Caesar III
Operation Flashpoint Game of the Year Edition
BeTrapped! Demo
Gabriel Knight 1
GTA III

Of these games I'm only playing Operation Flashpoint at the moment. Those that has played this game knows that it's more than enough on its own.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:48 AM   #15
pain is love

Darkfall. None other (although Midnight Nowhere was a few days ago). It's just that I tend to uninstall whatever I haven't been playing a week or so, and put the savegames in my Saves&patches folder. Although I believe I'll never be going back to Midnight Nowhere. It's just too crappy

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja
Old 09-30-2004, 05:11 PM   #16

Syberia I and II are the only adventure games that I have on my computer that I haven't finished yet. I'm currently playing Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow on the Hard mode, and it's pretty exciting, and challenging.

I also need to install The Black Mirror again, and finish playing it this time. I didn't hate it when I first started playing it. I JUST STOPPED PLAYING FOR SOME REASON I CAN'T FIGURE OUT!, and went on to playing other games that I own. Has that happened to any of you before?!.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:08 AM   #17
Evil Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack
I JUST STOPPED PLAYING FOR SOME REASON I CAN'T FIGURE OUT!, and went on to playing other games that I own. Has that happened to any of you before?!.
Happens all the time actually, I never got bored of Arx Fatalis, I just was interested in other games (which I too spent money on and they deserved some attention).
So there you go
Old 10-01-2004, 12:20 AM   #18
pain is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack
Syberia I and II are the only adventure games that I have on my computer that I haven't finished yet. I'm currently playing Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow on the Hard mode, and it's pretty exciting, and challenging.

I also need to install The Black Mirror again, and finish playing it this time. I didn't hate it when I first started playing it. I JUST STOPPED PLAYING FOR SOME REASON I CAN'T FIGURE OUT!, and went on to playing other games that I own. Has that happened to any of you before?!.
Yes, with Syberia for example. I obviously had something better to play... though I don't remember what (maybe CoMI)

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja