You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Max Payne...Buy it or not?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2004, 04:46 AM   #21
merely human

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-11-2004, 10:31 AM   #22
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LameSpot
There are also unconfirmed rumours that Max Payne: An Interactive Adventure will be console exclusive.
Crap!
Old 08-11-2004, 07:43 PM   #23

Well, as I said earlier, Uptimist, I lost the gift certificate that my sister sent me as an e-mail twice. The first time, I accidentally deleted it, and so Amazon.com sent me a new one a little while back. A few days ago, when I was ready to buy a few things on that website, I went to my Compuserve to get the gift certificate which I had stored in my Old Mail section, it had just simply disappeared. Turns out, it had been moved to another file where it stores mail that I haven't deleted.

Frustrated that this had happened to me a second time, I decided to pay full-price for the items by myself, and that really angered my Mother, and she refused to talk to me for the rest of the night. I tried to buy Max Payne, and two DVD's: Hellboy, and A Better Tomorrow. In the end, I decided just to buy the DVD's and maybe buy Max Payne some other time. But, now that we found the gift certificate, I can now use the birthday present that my sister sent me any time I'm ready to. The reason is because we printed it onto a sheet of paper.

So, that's what happened, Uptimist. I'm 26 years old, and I live with my parents whom I greatly love, even if I upset my Mother Nancy Howe, from time to time.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:15 PM   #24
merely human

Well, I'm older that you, I live with my sister, am on a sabbatical from the rat race (to focus on my health), and her Turkish husband is really cool, and my little nephew's a game slut just like me, and my niece is really cool, and I have access to 2 computers to game (mine and my sister's), and an Xbox. Life is good. w00t!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsie
Crap!
Also, I read that it'll be limited to one bad guy per screen. The node based engine can only take so much. But hey, you can do Bullet Time and lavish all your attention on that one baddie, right? Jump circles around him in slo-mo! 8-)
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-13-2004, 02:14 AM   #25
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
But hey, you can do Bullet Time and lavish all your attention on that one baddie, right? Jump circles around him in slo-mo! 8-)
Slo-mo you say?! That's the best thing since...since...Max Payne 2! Sweet. 8-)
Old 08-13-2004, 01:16 PM   #26

I got half-way through Max Payne, then I kept getting killed by Jack Lupino. Serves me right for using up all my Ingram ammo on minions!
Old 08-13-2004, 06:15 PM   #27
merely human

What?!! Lupino's cakewalk! Go back and get rid of him. No milk and cookies until you do!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:35 PM   #28
No justice. Only me.

That's the problem with "realistic" games. You've always got to have unlimited spawing minions or put the bad guys in a helicopter or something for the boss fights because otherwise they're not much of a challenge. I killed Crowe in Far Cry without knowing I did it. Max Payne could get away with it a little more because it could say that Lupino, for instance, was hopped up on Valkyr.