You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General "I kill you.": a rant on the matter of video game violence

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2004, 12:49 AM   #61
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

I really liked DX (I played it the non-lethal way). And that is the way FPSs are going. In HL and HL2 you have many characters who are friendly and have personalities, something unheard of ten years ago in FPSs. I'm just saying that developing a new kind of arcade game is a lot easier than innovating in more complex genres. Arcade games don't need a story or a plot, characters, whatever.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:01 AM   #62
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Boots
Well, as you can see in my signature, I'm currently playing a totally non-violent arcade game - Ballance, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
In this (2004) game you have to guide a ball through 12 different puzzles. It's 3D and with a good physics engine. The thing that gets you addicted is the fact that by playing it you end up identifying yourself with the ball, and when the ball falls you can feel it in your stomach (at least I do).
Ballance was a good game, just a wee bit too short, I got through the 12 levels quite quickly...
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:46 AM   #63
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Ballance was a good game, just a wee bit too short, I got through the 12 levels quite quickly...
But see, 12 levels, sure. What I'm talking about are games like Snood where it just keeps going, and going, and you eventually get bored and wonder why you paid for the full thing when you were perfectly happy playing the shareware.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:58 AM   #64

thank you
Old 08-14-2004, 11:10 AM   #65
Master of Time and Space

I shall kill you... with DEATH!

Actually, it's a line from Anachronox, a rather non-violent game.
Playing: Omikron: The Nomad Soul Next: Sanitarium Replaying: QFG IV: Shadows of Darkness, Grim Fandango, Syberia Waiting for: Max Payne 3, Deus Ex 3, American McGee's OZ, The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Fahrenheit, Anachronox 2 (if they ever make it)
Old 08-14-2004, 09:41 PM   #66
No justice. Only me.

I'm ready, Master. Would you like me to kill some meatbags for you?