"May the Force be with Trep" (Jedi Knight II) - Page 3 - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General "May the Force be with Trep" (Jedi Knight II)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2004, 09:37 AM   #41
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
....KOTOR is a very flat game. By which I mean pretty much everything takes place in a 2-D plane. You can't sneak into a building by force jumping up on top of it and entering through an open window, for example. That's the sort of thing I'm looking for.
WHAT?!! Are you telling me it's a typical adventure game disguised as a typical RPG?! That's an outrage, I won't pay!*

* Those developer morons should have studied Deus Ex before embarking.

Quote:
I just found out that Mission is supposed to be 14 years old. NO 14-YEAR-OLD LOOKS LIKE THAT! She's got... and she has....
Um, most fashion models are already fully developed at 14.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-13-2004, 11:56 AM   #42
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
WHAT?!! Are you telling me it's a typical adventure game disguised as a typical RPG?! That's an outrage, I won't pay!*

* Those developer morons should have studied Deus Ex before embarking.

Eek! No! I love KOTOR, it doesn't HAVE to change, I swear! But that doesn't mean that another game couldn't be created that HAS that.

Quote:
Um, most fashion models are already fully developed at 14.
What about starving orphans who grew up in the slums with a shag carpet as their only companion?
Old 08-13-2004, 02:06 PM   #43
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

I've managed to kill Dessan dude without even touching him.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:16 PM   #44
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA
Indeed. That game has created thousands of paedophiles world-wide...
I didn't know catholic priests play games
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 08-14-2004, 05:16 PM   #45
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFX
I've managed to kill Dessan dude without even touching him.
You didn't happen to Force Fart on him, did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
I didn't know catholic priests play games
LMAO
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-14-2004, 07:02 PM   #46
Part time writer for hire

Send a message via AIM to redhotray Send a message via MSN to redhotray Send a message via Yahoo to redhotray

Quote:
I just found out that Mission is supposed to be 14 years old. NO 14-YEAR-OLD LOOKS LIKE THAT! She's got... and she has....

I feel really, really dirty right now.
Personally, I thought Bastilla was the fit one.

She is hot!!

My (not so well designed) bowling website, complete with pictures from our golden pin victory!

C'MON!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:48 PM   #47
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotray
Personally, I thought Bastilla was the fit one.

She is hot!!
Yeah, but her early bitchiness turned me off quick.

Spoiler:
And now she's captured by Malak and I'm ****ing pissed off at her because she was wearing the circlet that gave +5 wisdom.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:24 PM   #48
delusions of adequacy

Mission's outfit looked the best of all the chicks in KOTOR 2, but more attractive was her attitude. She had thoughts, she spoke her mind, she was a little naive. Bastilla was plain looking, uptight, overbearing, and If you romanced her and she whipped off her duds... ew look at the mold on her knickers. Juhani was a grumpy dyke.

The Carth romance in Kotor is equally shocking, the brainstorm must have been 'Chicks like guys who apologise heaps, lets have him be a whiny git who starts every second sentence with "I'm sorry I'm a guy" and then his totally hot come on to indicate he's ready for skirt is "You remind me of my dead wife"... I'll bet he says that to all the chicks.

If anything I was more excited when I learned the sequel to Kotor was being farmed out. I knew the tech was already in place for a great game, and now there was the added bonus of new writers. Maybe we'll get some decent dialogue this time. At least one of the romance options appears to be like an adult Mission, she may not be a twilek but she's not afraid of her opinions and she's no goody-two-shoes Jedi.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:21 AM   #49
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Quote:
You didn't happen to Force Fart on him, did you?
HA HA! No, the force was strong with me i guess. But i kidd you not, i really did manage to kill him, without touching him, sometimes the simpliest solutions are the best
Reminds me of days when i played Outcast(not jedi outcast, but game from Appeal). Throughout the game i rarely used any strong weapons, because i was saving ammo for final confrontation. But when i got there, punks took most of my ammo(scripted event), i was so pissed, that i killed guards with what ammo i had left, then ran to the boss and kicked hiss AS* with my bare hands, he never got a chance to even touch me. Simple but effective
Old 08-15-2004, 03:49 AM   #50
merely human

Nothing like a little aggression to augment the gaming experience. You ever play Indy Jones And The Emperor's Tomb. Awesomely raw and dirty fist fights to get your manly juices flowing.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:31 AM   #51
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
Mission's outfit looked the best of all the chicks in KOTOR 2, but more attractive was her attitude. She had thoughts, she spoke her mind, she was a little naive. Bastilla was plain looking, uptight, overbearing, and If you romanced her and she whipped off her duds... ew look at the mold on her knickers. Juhani was a grumpy dyke.

The Carth romance in Kotor is equally shocking, the brainstorm must have been 'Chicks like guys who apologise heaps, lets have him be a whiny git who starts every second sentence with "I'm sorry I'm a guy" and then his totally hot come on to indicate he's ready for skirt is "You remind me of my dead wife"... I'll bet he says that to all the chicks.

If anything I was more excited when I learned the sequel to Kotor was being farmed out. I knew the tech was already in place for a great game, and now there was the added bonus of new writers. Maybe we'll get some decent dialogue this time. At least one of the romance options appears to be like an adult Mission, she may not be a twilek but she's not afraid of her opinions and she's no goody-two-shoes Jedi.
I wish they would actually PUT an adult Mission into KOTOR 2. SHE'S The one I'd like to romance. As you said, Bastila's mopeyness and holier-than-thou attitude got on my nerves, and Juhani... well, she's nice, and the Russian accent is kinda hot, but the whole cat-person thing is quite off-putting. And Carth is whiny, too. So on my first play-through, I haven't tapped any of the romance options at all. I get the feeling that this game is going to provide a lot of replay.

Spoiler:
By the way, I've run into a problem with Carth. On Korriban, I defeated Master Uthar before I convinced Dustil to run away, which meant that Dustil attacked me on my way out. So I had to kill him, which sucked for a light jedi, but now Carth still keeps saying that there must be some way to convince Dustil to leave. And it's the only option I can choose when talking to him, so I can't talk to him about anything else. Has anyone else had this problem? Isn't there any way to tell him sorry, Dustil's dead?
Old 08-16-2004, 09:05 PM   #52
delusions of adequacy

Quote:

Spoiler:
By the way, I've run into a problem with Carth. Dustil's dead?
Spoiler:

Considering he's messed up about his past, Dustil was Carth's little ray of hope. Save him and he can move on with his life. But you didn't take the time out from your quest to save him (a very simple procedure) and instead forced a situation that resulted in his death... I'm sure Carth will perk right up if you show him a little leg... No wait, its over. Go back to an earlier a save or move on with your life.

Dustil is worth saving even if you're playing as a cold hearted bitch. Should you ever for a moment dream of killing Carth, wooing and betraying him later is the only way... otherwise he runs like a pansy.

Not sure if this belongs in spoiler tags too, but having Mission as a romance-able NPC in Knights 2 isn't possible. Ok so she's 19 years old now (and legal), but from a rules perspective the hero in Knights 1 and their party hit the level cap (20) which is how far you can level in the pen and paper D&D starwars game by Wizards of the Coast from whom the license comes. There are no epic level rules for the star wars rpg yet. Secondly, you start the game afresh in Knights 2 as a completely different low level person, and thirdly I'll have to put into spoiler tags:

Spoiler:
Knights 2 holds that the dark side has finally come to power and all but wiped out the Jedi. Enter your (new) character to save the day. If you chose the dark side in Knights 1, Mission is killed

On top of all that is the very crass notion that, not surprisingly appeals to me, Mission has a thing for Wookies. So unless your next Jedi is incredibly hairy and well hung, you're not her type.

Last edited by Crunchy in milk; 08-16-2004 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:33 AM   #53
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
Spoiler:

Considering he's messed up about his past, Dustil was Carth's little ray of hope. Save him and he can move on with his life. But you didn't take the time out from your quest to save him (a very simple procedure) and instead forced a situation that resulted in his death... I'm sure Carth will perk right up if you show him a little leg... No wait, its over. Go back to an earlier a save or move on with your life.

Dustil is worth saving even if you're playing as a cold hearted bitch. Should you ever for a moment dream of killing Carth, wooing and betraying him later is the only way... otherwise he runs like a pansy.
Spoiler:
It's not that I didn't take the time out to do it, it's that I didn't know how, and thought wrongly that I could complete it later. Add to that that I'm playing a male character, so somehow I don't think Carth would react well to "a little leg." The weird part about what's going on with him now is that I'm on the unnamed planet, and still, whenever I talk to Carth and say "Do you want to talk?" he'll reply with, "No, I just want to get Dustil out. There must be something here in the Academy that can convince him to leave." Uh, Carth, dude, look around you. This look like the academy to you?
Old 08-17-2004, 11:58 AM   #54
i'm with... <thud>

Default darth nader

mission is dead...i had stinkfoot kill her and i didnt even flinch...KOTOR 2 - mission free, mission accomplished...annoying blue haired bitch
Old 08-17-2004, 02:40 PM   #55

Send a message via AIM to edlglide

Personally, I'm in love with HK-47.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:06 PM   #56
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Spoiler:
It's not that I didn't take the time out to do it, it's that I didn't know how, and thought wrongly that I could complete it later. Add to that that I'm playing a male character, so somehow I don't think Carth would react well to "a little leg."
Spoiler:

I'm not so sure, you might still remind him of his dead wife

As a man, no matter how evil or good you play you will never get the chance to kill Carth so you did the right thing in moving on. The only reason to even talk to him is if you're female and want to twist him so tight he snaps. Yeah his dialogue is now stuck in that loop, think of it as his only way of dealing with his life which is now totally destroyed. He lost his son twice now. And this time by your hands. All you had to do to save Dustil was break into the Sith leader's bedroom two doors down and open a locked chest that only appears after you convince Dustil not to turn you in, but to give you time to find some evidence to convince him to leave.

Carth's not much use on the forgotten world and zero use on the Death Star.. oh I mean the Star Forge Having difficulty talking to you doesn't prevent him from speaking his cutscene lines so just leave him on the ship to dwell on his crushed hopes and dreams.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:26 PM   #57
i'm with... <thud>

HK-47 is returning for KOTOR 2 as is the other druid...ya know the R2 ripoff that just beeps and bloops...i think it could be eliminated since it is a character i never played except to get into the sith base where it was necessary...im sure everyone else feels the same way...HK was awesome...not a sellout to the jedi cause like canderous can become but a hardcore kill everyone, meatbag bane
Old 08-19-2004, 12:43 PM   #58
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by log p
HK-47 is returning for KOTOR 2 as is the other druid...ya know the R2 ripoff that just beeps and bloops...i think it could be eliminated since it is a character i never played except to get into the sith base where it was necessary...im sure everyone else feels the same way...HK was awesome...not a sellout to the jedi cause like canderous can become but a hardcore kill everyone, meatbag bane
Okay, yes, HK-47 is the greatest droid ever created in the Star Wars universe. This I agree with, and you've made my day by letting me know he'll be in KOTOR 2.

HOWEVER... R2 ripoff? You realize that the game is set 4000 years before Episode 1, right? I thought it was obvious that the T-series was intended to be an early model of astromech, and therefore a precursor to the R-series. (a.k.a. R2-D2) Of COURSE T3 is similar to R2, he's technically R2's grandfather.

Geeking out aside, I don't like hearing people rip on my man T3. He's my go-to computer hacker.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:45 AM   #59
No justice. Only me.

In other news, I beat KOTOR for the first time last night. In terms of Top 5 Star Wars experiences, I'd have to rank KOTOR like this:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Knights of the Old Republic
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Attack of the Clones

Yes, you read that right. I think KOTOR is better than Return of the Jedi.

Now to replay as a dark sider. Name chosen: Carcer Hobbs
Old 08-20-2004, 08:21 AM   #60
i'm with... <thud>

i played through on the dark side as a female named Mona Skycleavage...whiny Carth got his in the end