You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General SW: KOTOR 2 - The Sith Lords

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2004, 01:33 PM   #1

Default SW: KOTOR 2 - The Sith Lords

What's the release date for KOTOR 2? It's February, right?
Old 07-22-2004, 06:00 PM   #2
guybrush_guy

i beleave so. even thoe i did like the first one i'm still not going to buy the second. i choose not to support LA in any way

Old 07-23-2004, 12:34 AM   #3
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
i beleave so. even thoe i did like the first one i'm still not going to buy the second. i choose not to support LA in any way

Anyways, yep it's february.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:11 AM   #4

I'll not be buyin' it neither.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey
Old 07-23-2004, 06:13 AM   #5
No justice. Only me.

I still have to download the first one.

I don't like supporting LA any more than I have to either.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:54 AM   #6
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Be sure to buy Jade Empire and/or Dragon Age and/or Unknown Third IP though. Bioware deserves it.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:31 AM   #7
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
Be sure to buy Jade Empire and/or Dragon Age and/or Unknown Third IP though. Bioware deserves it.
That's true... I forgot about that. I like Bioware, but hate LA. Decisions, decisions.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:31 AM   #8

I really want to look forward to Dragon Age and that mysterious third game, but as I have had problems with running Neverwinter Nights properly for some time now (ever since I got my new pc and/or graphics card), I'm not extremely optimistic as to how well it works out on my pc. Of course, if they didn't use the Neverwinter Nights engine at all, I'd be more optimistic. I'm not sure if they do or not.

The problem is, it constantly freezes/reboots/crashes randomly, and more than once have my Quick save been corrupted because of it (strangely enough, even if the game crashes 5 minutes AFTER i quick saved). It gets tedious having to use ordinary save every 5 minutes too (I like to use quick save quite often in these kind of games).

People keep saying it's a problem with my system, but I doubt that very much. Of all the games I have played on my new system by now, I've yet to run into a similar problems that couldn't be fixed with a patch of the game or driver updates. In addition, the game runs 100% perfect if I run a fresh install. Then if I turn off my computer or reboots it, the problems come back. If it's my system, I would like to know what could possible make a game work after a fresh install of the game then not work after a reboot of the system? I just find it very susicious.

Either way, I look forward to seeing how the games turn out. KOTOR2 specifically, because of the change of developers (you know Bioware isn't making this one right. It's Obsedians work now). If Dragon Age and that mysterious third title is based on a totally new engine, I may be even more interested.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:34 AM   #9

Oh, just a little sidenote to those who won't buy the game. Just buy it second hand. That way you won't support them, but still get your hands on a legal copy. Second hand copies are always easy to come by.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:09 AM   #10
Friendly Server Admin

Yeah.. eBay is your friend

Btw, ConcreteRancor, it shouldn't be much of a decision because Jade Empire is being published by Microsoft, not LA
Old 07-23-2004, 09:21 AM   #11
Liver of Life

If I didn't like their decision to scrap Sam and Max 2, and their other decisions taking them away from original games and toward cliched bestsellers, should I make an effort not to support them by not buying this game?

Or should I just buy it because I had a ridiculously good time playing the first?

Oh...wretched abulia...
Old 07-23-2004, 10:03 AM   #12
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
Yeah.. eBay is your friend

Btw, ConcreteRancor, it shouldn't be much of a decision because Jade Empire is being published by Microsoft, not LA
Right, but whether to buy KOTOR to support Bioware, or not because I don't like LA? But at the same time, KOTOR is a good game, so should I support LA's good games, at the risk of supporting their Star Wars games in general, which are for the most part crappy? It's a complicated decision, the result of which probably won't amount to anything anyway since LucasArts and Bioware won't even notice whether or not I personally buy their game.

Maybe I'll buy KOTOR, and then compensate by buying Armed and Dangerous to show LA that I'm not buying their game just because it's Star Wars. But then, that might be supporting LA more than I want to by buying two of their games at once.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:25 AM   #13
@_@

Send a message via ICQ to Estoy Loco

I'm going to get it. Liked the first one too much not to.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:55 PM   #14

I don't see a problem with buying high quality games that aren't even made by LEC. Who gives a damn if they're publishing it. There are a lot of bad publishers.

Thanks for answering my question.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:07 PM   #15
guybrush_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue
The problem is, it constantly freezes/reboots/crashes randomly, and more than once have my Quick save been corrupted because of it (strangely enough, even if the game crashes 5 minutes AFTER i quick saved). It gets tedious having to use ordinary save every 5 minutes too (I like to use quick save quite often in these kind of games).
sound like you have a direct X problem

Old 07-23-2004, 06:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
Right, but whether to buy KOTOR to support Bioware, or not because I don't like LA? But at the same time, KOTOR is a good game, so should I support LA's good games, at the risk of supporting their Star Wars games in general, which are for the most part crappy? It's a complicated decision, the result of which probably won't amount to anything anyway since LucasArts and Bioware won't even notice whether or not I personally buy their game.

Maybe I'll buy KOTOR, and then compensate by buying Armed and Dangerous to show LA that I'm not buying their game just because it's Star Wars. But then, that might be supporting LA more than I want to by buying two of their games at once.
Dude, just buy KOTOR. By buying KOTOR, you're supporting GOOD star wars games that are made by 3rd party publishers like Bioware. You're also supporting star wars prequels that don't suck.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:23 PM   #17

Quote:
I know this is going to be off-topic, but I bought Armed and Dangerous not to support LucasArts, but because I was looking for some new games to play. Anyways, Rancor, if you're a fan of Comedies, then get Armed and Dangerous. It is without a doubt, one of the funniest games I've ever watched, and played at the same time. The movie sequences are very Monty-Python like, and have great voice acting. Plus, a lot of stuff happens that would fall under the term "Slapstick." The game portion was fun and entertaining, but challenging at the same time. It's like playing a no-holds-barred first-person shooter game, ala Doom, but set in the 3rd person perspective.

It is true that LucasArts has become evil. But we don't buy their games just to support them, we buy them to support the developers. So, if you loved Knights of the Old Republic (Which I haven't played yet, then go ahead and buy the sequel. I'm supporting you Rancor, Not LucasArts.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:48 AM   #18

Are you sure KOTOR 2 is developed by Bioware at all?
Old 07-24-2004, 08:26 AM   #19
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack
I know this is going to be off-topic, but I bought Armed and Dangerous not to support LucasArts, but because I was looking for some new games to play. Anyways, Rancor, if you're a fan of Comedies, then get Armed and Dangerous. It is without a doubt, one of the funniest games I've ever watched, and played at the same time. The movie sequences are very Monty-Python like, and have great voice acting. Plus, a lot of stuff happens that would fall under the term "Slapstick." The game portion was fun and entertaining, but challenging at the same time. It's like playing a no-holds-barred first-person shooter game, ala Doom, but set in the 3rd person perspective.

It is true that LucasArts has become evil. But we don't buy their games just to support them, we buy them to support the developers. So, if you loved Knights of the Old Republic (Which I haven't played yet, then go ahead and buy the sequel. I'm supporting you Rancor, Not LucasArts.
Oh, I'm definitely buying A&D, no matter what. After seeing the trailer, with its twisted parody of the "And I thought they smelled bad on the outside" scene from Empire, I was hooked. So it will be bought, eventually. Along with BG&E, KOTOR, Outcast... oy....
Old 07-24-2004, 08:35 AM   #20

Quote:
Oh, I'm definitely buying A&D, no matter what. After seeing the trailer, with its twisted parody of the "And I thought they smelled bad on the outside" scene from Empire, I was hooked. So it will be bought, eventually. Along with BG&E, KOTOR, Outcast... oy....
Way to go, buddy!.