You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Big Talk - MS CEO says Xbox Next will beat out PS3

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2004, 06:27 AM   #21
Dismembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
These pissing matches are hilarious, aren't they?

Sony: "My console is bigger than your console."

MS: "Oh yeah? Well, my console is better than your console."
I don't think there's any doubt as to which is the bigger console.

And that's all I had to contribute to this thread.

Edit: Darn, someone beat me to the lousy joke.

Last edited by Esseb; 07-18-2004 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:20 AM   #22
peb
Colossal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Heh heh, Steve Ballmer is a living legend.
Ballmer's always been the bad cop to Gates' good cop. I have a feeling that in developing Microsoft's strategy over the years (i.e. cornering the operating system market and then pushing your other products through that) Ballmer has had a major influence, possibly even more than Gates.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:17 PM   #23
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
Let's not forget, this is Steve Ballmer we're talking about here.
:eek:
Old 07-18-2004, 12:20 PM   #24

Seriously, is anyone suprised he said this? Steve Balmer is insane and if you've seen the "Developers, Developers, Developers video" that was posted, you know what I'm talking about.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:47 PM   #25

Insanity may succeed where normality does not.

I don't think MicroSoft has specific advantages over SONY, the hardware is less important than the market share, as far as a consumer is concerned they are just machines doing the same sort of things.

The way technology is evolving I wouldn't be surprised that the Play Station and XBox both end up as being obsolete. Neither beats PCs in term of hardware performance.

Old 07-20-2004, 09:21 AM   #26
merely human

A huge number of casual gamers are the ones that the console people are pitching to, a lot of families who game as an alternative to watching t.v. or going to the cinema. They're not interested in spending hundreds of dollars each year (and a couple thousand every 3 years) constantly upgrading their PCs just to play a few games. That's the beauty of the console - no worries, no compatability issues. Unfortunately for me, there are waaaay too few console games I'm interested in.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-20-2004, 09:43 AM   #27
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
A huge number of casual gamers are the ones that the console people are pitching to, a lot of families who game as an alternative to watching t.v. or going to the cinema. They're not interested in spending hundreds of dollars each year (and a couple thousand every 3 years) constantly upgrading their PCs just to play a few games. That's the beauty of the console - no worries, no compatability issues. Unfortunately for me, there are waaaay too few console games I'm interested in.
That's my problem. My parents can't understand why I just dropped $1,200 just so I could games. The best response I could come up with was that I couldn't play ANY of the new games unless I did. (Painkiller didn't run at ALL on my old machine.) It's tough to justify the expense to someone who can't play games, but damn if it's not worth it to me to be able to sit down and play Far Cry at maxed-out graphics settings.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:23 AM   #28
merely human

Of course the 'rents won't understand. Just as I could never understand how car aficionados spend thousands of dollars at a blink souping up their wheels, or how gun fans do the same for their precious equipment. I would gladly spend thousands every 3 years for a brand new gaming rig, but only if I had a job that paid to be able to afford it, and even then I'm really annoyingly picky deciding what games to buy.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien