Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Vampire:Redemption (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/3633-vampire-redemption.html)

100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja 06-17-2004 02:58 PM

Vampire:Redemption

I was wondering if any of you know what's going on with this game? It's kinda long wait now (and I SO enjojed the first one, even with all its faults). I'm a vampire freak, can't really help it.
And also, are there any adventures whith vampiric setting?

Maquisard 06-17-2004 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja
And also, are there any adventures with vampiric setting?

Doesn't GK3, more or less, involve vampires? I haven't played it, but I think that's what I've read of it...And, oh yeah, there's that action-adventure game called Van Helsing :rolleyes: (BTW, I though the movie was completely lame-o)

100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja 06-19-2004 07:00 AM

Thanx, I haven't seen the movie yet, but I will go to see it when it comes here in CRO. However, I hoped it would be good.
Any other games anyone?

Maquisard 06-19-2004 10:37 AM

I think I'm the only person who didn't like it, so don't worry about it.

mst3k 06-19-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mares
I think I'm the only person who didn't like it, so don't worry about it.

Nope. I really couldn't stand it, either... I had the chance to watch it six times, since I work as a projectionist at my local theatre. I was annoyed the first time through, the second time through I decided that other than a few musical selections and David Wenham's jokes, there was nothing I liked.

Dylan_Dog 06-19-2004 03:26 PM

Please don't tell me that you didn't like Kate Beckinsale's beautiful body. That woman is a goddess. Some weird accent though in that movie.

Dylan_Dog 06-19-2004 03:28 PM

Gabriel Knight 3 has in fact got a deep and involving story that is related to vampires. However, rather than going for a slash and bite approach it uses excellent suspense and story (along with puzzles of course) to create the vampiric atmosphere.

Maquisard 06-19-2004 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mst3k
Nope. I really couldn't stand it, either... I had the chance to watch it six times, since I work as a projectionist at my local theatre. I was annoyed the first time through, the second time through I decided that other than a few musical selections and David Wenham's jokes, there was nothing I liked.

Surprisingly, one of the things that got on my nerves about the movie was the music. Specifically that upbeat spanish guitar score that plays when Helsing is going somewhere...I thought it was so stupid & out of place, that each time they played it I did some kind of mocking dance to it in my seat. :D

ConcreteRancor 06-19-2004 07:23 PM

Since Redemption uses the Source engine, licensed off of Valve, they cannot legally release the game before Half-Life 2 is released, since Valve obviously wants HL2 to be the unveiling of the engine. I've actually heard that Redemption is pretty much done, and it now just has to wait for HL2.

Intrepid Homoludens 06-19-2004 07:28 PM

Sucks, don't it?

Maquisard 06-19-2004 07:57 PM

Have they established a new date for half life since the code theft?

jjacob 06-19-2004 08:04 PM

Well The Black Mirror has a pretty vampiric setting. It's not Transylvania but that english town definately gives you goosebumps. It is actually a vampire adventure game..

Spoiler:
..up to a certain point

Quote:

Have they established a new date for half life since the code theft?

As if that were the cause of any of their problems, stupid Valve :rolleyes: (nothing intented Mares) So if Valve had done its job properly then Vampire would've probably sold more? :frusty:

100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja 06-20-2004 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjacob
Well The Black Mirror has a pretty vampiric setting. It's not Transylvania but that english town definately gives you goosebumps. It is actually a vampire adventure game..

Played it, you could say it recreates the setting...

DAMN YOU VALVE!

BTW, thanx guys, I thought this thread would take a sudden turn to Van Helsing: likes/dislikes :D

Maquisard 06-20-2004 08:32 AM

heh...izvinjavam se :D

100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja 06-22-2004 02:02 AM

Quote:

heh...izvinjavam se :D

nema problema brale!

Skeeter 06-22-2004 05:34 AM

Vampire: The Masquerade - Redeption was the first game. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, i believe is the title of the second game in the series.

And it was a good game although even with the patch it had buggy fighting and pathing problems sometimes. But had excelent voice actng and a good epic storyline. Multiplayer is where its better at tho as the mods for it for online role playing make it a even better experience i believe.

trin 06-22-2004 10:19 AM

The first one was: Vampire: The Masquerade

Good RPG game btw.

100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja 06-22-2004 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeeter
Redeption was the first game. Bloodlines i believe is the title of the second game in the series.

Yes, I to believe it is Bloodlines , but everyone got the point :)

100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja 06-22-2004 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trin
The first one was: Vampire: The Masquerade

Good RPG game btw.

Yes, thank you! Almost everyone said it sucked... Although it really ain't much of an RPG, but it was FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN