You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Beyond Good & Evil: the theories

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2004, 01:10 PM   #21
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

I ordered BG&E today. Hopefully I get the time to play it and then I will join in your discussions.

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 07-03-2004, 09:32 AM   #22
Puts the 'e' in Mark

I finally got around to finishing the game.

I've got a question...
Spoiler:
Any particular reason that Jade chose the codename Shauni? Is there any earlier reference to it?
Old 07-03-2004, 11:55 AM   #23
merely human

Spoiler:
During your very first battle at the start of the game, when Jade is captured by that DomZ boss just before Jey'j joins in the fight, the boss addresses Jade by the name 'Shauni' and a last name (forgot what it was - Oujernad or something like that). In that scene you inquired about she choosed that name as if it were second nature. That prompts the idea that she may have been aware of her past a priori.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-10-2004, 11:11 AM   #24
Knowledgeable

I have finally gotten round to play this game now. A very, very good game. One of the best I've played actually (although that is a floating matter). There are few things to be said against the game (the name of the game perhaps and the steering of the aircraft was a little awkward). I must play it again sometime to really get all records at the races and photograph all species there is. 8-)

PS. I more or less agree with your theories Trep.

Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 07-10-2004, 12:52 PM   #25
merely human

Aw, ragsie, I'm glad you're enjoying it! [wipes tears of happiness in between sips of his coffee and rolls his eyes - ]

How far have you gotten? If by aircraft you mean hovercraft, you probably haven't acquired the stabilizers yet. Once you get it it's like night and day. You'll get a more precise control with your craft and, with the help of several or more boosters, your chances of winning the races and catching the looters greatly improve. But if you meant the spaceship, you should take some time to fly around over Hillys to acclimate. You'll need to get better at it for when you finally go to the moon!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-10-2004, 01:00 PM   #26
Knowledgeable

I've finished it (got it a little over a week ago).

And by hovercraft I mean the boat-like thingy (it hovers just above the surface) and by aircraft I mean the combined air/space-ship. And no, I never flew it without stabilizers.The hovercraft is very fun to use and run, the aircraft is a little more problematic with orienting yourself and to position yourself, especially since it's so big difference between high speed (not boosts, just high speed) and low speed. And I never used any boosts to beat the records (got 3 out of 4), that's cheating.

Oh, I missed some of the pearls too, which is a bummer, but that's life I guess. Another fun thing is to kick the gas out of those Alpha section guys.

Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 07-10-2004, 01:14 PM   #27
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnar
Another fun thing is to kick the gas out of those Alpha section guys.
Sadist.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:21 PM   #28
Knowledgeable

I have a distinct feeling that this is a game I will replay a lot (although the next game on my list is "The Dig").

[edit]Trep: I can kick the gas out of you too.

Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 07-10-2004, 01:24 PM   #29
merely human

I don't want you anywhere near my gas!