You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General e3: news on doom3 ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2004, 03:47 AM   #1
recovering AG addict

Default e3: news on doom3 ?

Hi,

Is there anything E3-news on doom3? I understood it will come out on both PC and XBOX, but since I haven't seen anything cool lately, does anyone think it will become the 'Daikatana' of John Carmack?

Jaap
Old 06-02-2004, 04:58 AM   #2
Puts the 'e' in Mark

I played it at E3 and beyond the initial excitement of the graphics it's just ... bleh. Not very interesting. I don't really believe it will be a humiliation like Daikatana or anything. Not in the slightest. It actually looks like a very good game. But it's also very "same old".

I'm personally not very jazzed up about Doom 3. I think it's going to sell a lot of copies, but after a short burst of hype a lot of people will shrug and move on. It doesn't look like it will be nearly as big a deal as the original Doom.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:22 AM   #3

Sounds like the problem with Doom 3 is the inovation doesn't go beyond graphics.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey