You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General BG&E2 Official Petition

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2004, 01:42 AM   #1

Default BG&E2 Official Petition

To all you BG&E fans: If you haven't signed the official petition yet, then please sign it if you are interested in seeing a sequel to this amazing game!

Beyond Good and Evil - Join the Uprising
Old 06-02-2004, 03:28 AM   #2
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

I haven't played anything but the demo yet, but I still ask why there is a need for a sequel? Why can't good games be a good game without there needing to be a thousand and one sequels to it? Let the developers make something else instead. There really is no need for every game having sequels.

So, why should BG&E have a sequel?

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 06-02-2004, 05:37 AM   #3

...Because the creators of the original wants to make a sequel, it's just that no one sees it as profitable after the 'not-so-great' sales of the first, which is a shame, since we all know that the sequel would be great. And this game literally begs for it, too. There's so much about this world that we don't know, and its possibilities are almost unlimited.
Besides, what's so wrong with sequels anyway? It's not like gaming sequels has a bad reputation of being worse than its precessors. It's often quite the opposite. And games like BG&E are beginning to be rather rare.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:57 AM   #4
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

Maybe my comment is uncalled for for BG&E, but in general I think there are too much petitions for sequels and too few petitions for new non-sequel games.

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony

Last edited by ragnar; 06-02-2004 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:08 AM   #5

True words Ragnar. But I'll still sign the BG&E pertition.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey
Old 06-02-2004, 10:18 AM   #6
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnar
Maybe my comment is uncalled for for BG&E, but in general I think there are too much petitions for sequels and too few petitions for new non-sequel games.
Petitions for new non-sequel games? Good luck with that...

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 06-02-2004, 11:16 AM   #7
After 2 years...

VIVA LA PETITIONS

Give voice to the people

you are in a
Dreamfall
Old 06-02-2004, 11:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnar
I haven't played anything but the demo yet, but I still ask why there is a need for a sequel? Why can't good games be a good game without there needing to be a thousand and one sequels to it? Let the developers make something else instead. There really is no need for every game having sequels.

So, why should BG&E have a sequel?
Because BG&E was intended as a trilogy. That's why. It's not that we feel a sequel would be nice, but because it was the plan from the very start. Michel Ancel said it himself: the story isn't finished at the end of the first game.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:42 PM   #9
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveBear
the story isn't finished at the end of the first game.
With that said, i'd sign it in a flash, but seeing how we failed miserably with S&M2 petition, although it reached over 20.000 signatures, i see no reason to sign another petition for the rest of my life... Ubisoft will never give green light for a sequel to a game that didn't attract the masses. I bet they even haven't covered the production expenses with income from the game.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFX
With that said, i'd sign it in a flash, but seeing how we failed miserably with S&M2 petition, although it reached over 20.000 signatures, i see no reason to sign another petition for the rest of my life... Ubisoft will never give green light for a sequel to a game that didn't attract the masses. I bet they even haven't covered the production expenses with income from the game.
So what do you have to lose in signing the petition? Besides a minute or two of your time? The best thing next to signing a petition is to help boost sales of BG&E. Then if UbiSoft sees that it IS selling, they may reconsider BG&E2.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:20 PM   #11
merely human

I signed it. My comment:

Quote:
It's exquisite and original work, surely deserving to be continued. It simply needs to be marketed more strategically and intelligently. Good solid marketing is what the games industry is sadly in need of.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-02-2004, 01:20 PM   #12
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveBear
So what do you have to lose in signing the petition? Besides a minute or two of your time? The best thing next to signing a petition is to help boost sales of BG&E.
Ok, i was expecting this kind of reply, although i hate repeating myself here it goes: I, for one live in god forsaken country where prices of games do NOT adjust to match those in rest of the world, so games like BG&E still have full price tag on them, even when you can get it half the price elsewhere, oh to add some more salt on wound... BG&E never appeared on shelves here in Slovenia, just like X-Box, some EU member we are, heh?

UPDATE: ok so i've signed it, but i'm nowhere to be found on the list. Weird
UPDATE of UPDATE: the petition is not automatic? Talking about stone age.

Last edited by VoodooFX; 06-02-2004 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFX
Ok, i was expecting this kind of reply, although i hate repeating myself here it goes: I, for one live in god forsaken country where prices of games do NOT adjust to match those in rest of the world, so games like BG&E still have full price tag on them, even when you can get it half the price elsewhere, oh to add some more salt on wound... BG&E never appeared on shelves here in Slovenia, just like X-Box, some EU member we are, heh?
I know how you feel. I'm from Denmark and regular price there is around $60-70 (400 KR) for a new game!
Old 06-03-2004, 07:21 AM   #14
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I signed it. My comment:
It's exquisite and original work, surely deserving to be continued. It simply needs to be marketed more strategically and intelligently. Good solid marketing is what the games industry is sadly in need of.
Bah, what'll that achieve?! You should have put "OMG JADE ARES SO HOT!!!11!" like everyone else did...
Old 06-03-2004, 02:34 PM   #15
merely human

Oh, sorry. I didn't know they only take 733t kiddies seriously.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-03-2004, 03:01 PM   #16
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Oh, sorry. I didn't know they only take 733t kiddies seriously.
Teet kiddies?
Old 06-03-2004, 03:27 PM   #17
merely human

Old 06-03-2004, 08:03 PM   #18
TM3

Alright, I'm in!!! The thought of this game being a trilogy form the start is pretty exciting. I loved it and am currently playing it a third time and that's rare when I play games.
I just want you to know who I am..."
"IRIS"-GOO GOO DOLLS