Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   sam and max TV shows online (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/3480-sam-max-tv-shows-online.html)

guybrush_guy 05-31-2004 09:41 AM

sam and max TV shows online

just letting you guys know, that the Sam and Max TV shows have been online using bittorrent as it's sorce. the people who use bittorrent should know ware to look and if i'm given permision from an admin i'll upload the torrents, so everyone can share.

have fun watchin

Jake 05-31-2004 10:10 AM

I almost posted about how the videos were available for purchase online.... but they're not anymore! Holy crap.

I still don't advocate stealing them :shifty:

guybrush_guy 05-31-2004 10:18 AM

i would'nt consider it stealing because the only place that you can find them is on ebay. I know i would be willing to buy them on ebay ONLY if i was extreamly desperate for them and could'nt find them anyware else. the distributors that released the video's are no longer making a profit from these vidoes. the only people who would be making a profit are the 3rd party distributers which are the people who are selling them on Ebay.

VoodooFX 05-31-2004 11:22 AM

Someone's still holding the rights to these cartoons, jus because they are not for sale anymore, doesn't mean we can download them at free will. It is still illegal anyway you look at it.

It's same with games. 3 skulls of toltecs is nice example, the game is impossible to find, but developers still don't offer it as freeware on their site, do they? If you download it, you're breaking the law, simple. Does anybody really care? Probably not :D

tabacco 05-31-2004 12:07 PM

Heh... you have to actually consider the sam and max tv show to be "content" before you can call downloading it "stealing content" ;)

(No, I didn't like the TV show. "I guess those candy-ass astronauts didn't have the stones to try it," one of my favorite lines from the comics, got toally rewritten to be 'kid-friendly'. Bah!)

VoodooFX 05-31-2004 12:14 PM

Even if it's crap, it's still copyrighted crap :)

Jake 05-31-2004 12:37 PM

The episode adapted from bad day on the moon was really sad, but there are a couple good episodes. One notably decent one is the one with the gigantic metal Max fighting robot, and another decent one is the one with the kid who can change things with his mind, and turns sam into a painted turtle for some reason.

guybrush_guy 05-31-2004 01:08 PM

i loved the tv show, but i always favored the earth worm jim TV series more.

Erwin_Br 05-31-2004 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
just letting you guys know, that the Sam and Max TV shows have been online using bittorrent as it's sorce. the people who use bittorrent should know ware to look and if i'm given permision from an admin i'll upload the torrents, so everyone can share.

have fun watchin

Can you PM me the.... uh... information about tomorrow's weather? ;) ;) ;)

--Erwin

guybrush_guy 05-31-2004 02:36 PM

sure, tomarrow were going to be experiencing some cloudly skys with a 70% chance of rain. should remain that away untill thursday followed with beautiful skys

VoodooFX 05-31-2004 03:02 PM

Damn, i better take umbrella with me, oh wait, i don't live in States... come to think of it Erwin_Br doesn't too.
Erwin, it will be cloudy and windy, especially if you're standing close to the windmill :D

Oh darn you've said to PM you tomorrow's weather, no can do, since i don't use AM/PM time format, sorry :D

Skinkie 05-31-2004 06:43 PM

I suggest you e-mail Mr. Purcell and ask his opinion on the downloading of his product. It may not technically be his call, but his word is better than none.

guybrush_guy 05-31-2004 08:12 PM

actually, i like that idea. does anyone know the email adress?

AGA 06-01-2004 12:07 AM

I found episodes 1, 3 and 4 on bittorrent. Do you know of a site that has torrents for any other episodes? If so, don't PM me and tell me, because I'm not interested, of course ¬_¬

Erwin_Br 06-01-2004 12:13 AM

This is quite an amusing thread :P

--Erwin

HieroHero 06-01-2004 02:54 AM

only the episodes steve purcell wrote were good..like the sasquatch one

Skinkie 06-01-2004 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
actually, i like that idea. does anyone know the email adress?

You'll need somebody to verify this, but I believe its just [email protected]

Sky Warrior Bob 06-01-2004 09:20 AM

Verified at Sam & Max.net, but of course this info might be out of date.

Sky Warrior Bob

ConcreteRancor 06-01-2004 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
The episode adapted from bad day on the moon was really sad, but there are a couple good episodes. One notably decent one is the one with the gigantic metal Max fighting robot, and another decent one is the one with the kid who can change things with his mind, and turns sam into a painted turtle for some reason.

He got turned into a painted turtle because he ASKED to be turned into a painted turtle. Don't know why, but who can ever tell what Max is thinking?

"I can't believe I inflicted such wanton devastation upon such a harmless piece of vegetation!"
"I can't believe I said 'Chill!'"

redhotray 06-01-2004 01:56 PM

I thought the cartoons were really very funny! I've only seen a few of them, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ones I did see.

It's just a shame it got axed. I guess some people just couldn't get the humor

Me personally, I loved it!