You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General sam and max TV shows online

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2004, 02:16 PM   #21
8-Bit Spritemasterâ„¢

Me? I saw the cartoon first, and only checked out the comic afterwards, and let me tell you, while the comic version of Bad Day on the Moon is far superior, the cartoon version wasn't half bad, and I didn't pick up on the kiddie-fication of the episode, if anything, my problem is that it seems way too condensed.

Which is something of a complaint I have witht the cartoon in general, Because they only had less than a 1/2 hour to work with (no 1/2 hour program is really a 1/2 hour once you subtract commercial time), they jampacked just a tad too much into each episode. Sure, that makes them real fun, but it also makes them go by far too fast & confusing. To the extent that few real kids could make heads or tails sense of the things.

One question to the forum, what do you think the chances of having Cartoon Network's Adult Swim pick the show up? Do you think it'd be worth a write-in campaign?

Sky Warrior Bob
- Remember, having Cartoon Network air Sam & Max would help out you non-USA fans of Sam & Max too, as it might spark interest in a DVD. Plus, it'd make tape trading a tad more feasible.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:06 PM   #22
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

A couple people including some with half way decent connections to people at cartoon network have mentioned Sam & Max a few times, but nothing's ever come of it. Id love to see a new sam & max series on adult swim, it seems like it would be more than a perfect fit, but whatever.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 06-01-2004, 03:14 PM   #23
guybrush_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
A couple people including some with half way decent connections to people at cartoon network have mentioned Sam & Max a few times, but nothing's ever come of it. Id love to see a new sam & max series on adult swim, it seems like it would be more than a perfect fit, but whatever.

i was thinking the same thing, the show would be perfect for the lineup

Old 06-01-2004, 03:40 PM   #24
8-Bit Spritemasterâ„¢

Well, I wouldn't necessarily hold out hope for new episodes, but I'd think there would be a good enough shot for showing the old episodes. And that episode with the comment on the Baby Alligators does put it up there with Family Guy & Futurama.

Sky Warrior Bob
- But hey, Family Guy is getting another season thanks to its airplay on Adult Swim, so I suppose anything could happen.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:54 PM   #25
guybrush_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Warrior Bob
- But hey, Family Guy is getting another season thanks to its airplay on Adult Swim, so I suppose anything could happen.

32 episodes to be exact

Old 06-02-2004, 03:53 PM   #26
8-Bit Spritemasterâ„¢

While we're somewhat on the the subject of Sam & Max, I was kinda wondering if anyone has noticed any good Sam & Max fan fiction out there. Admittedly, I'm a bit hesitant to look, but having read a number of non Sam & Max fan-fictions, I know that there are some really good ones out there, but sadly most are just plain scary.

Sky Warrior Bob
Old 06-03-2004, 12:02 AM   #27

Hi Guybrush_guy, could you _not_ PM me the details about these torrents? I've _not_ been looking for them for a long time and would _not_ like to find the torrent links...
Old 06-03-2004, 02:22 PM   #28
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

This thread is ... funny.

And yeah its sad that the show got the axe. I suspect if they'd had another season or two they would have really put out some classics. Oh well.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 06-03-2004, 10:45 PM   #29
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
This thread is ... funny.

And yeah its sad that the show got the axe. I suspect if they'd had another season or two they would have really put out some classics. Oh well.
Fox, right? Those guys are EVIL in it's PUREST form. I'm still not over Futurama's cancellation

--Erwin