You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Old DOS Game .... driving me slightly insane

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #1

Default Old DOS Game .... driving me slightly insane

I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me with this. It's a game that I used to play when i was younger (probably around mid 90's).

It was an adventure/puzzle game which was based around a house. You went from room to room solving puzzles, to allow you to the next room, with the intention of getting to the attic.

I seem to remember a frog was involved and one of the puzzles involved some magicians or wizards in the kitchen.

I've spent some time looking on the internet, but havent been able to find anything so any suggestions would be welcomed with open arms
Old 03-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripeytrousers View Post
It was an adventure/puzzle game which was based around a house. You went from room to room solving puzzles, to allow you to the next room, with the intention of getting to the attic.
This sounds very much like The 7th Guest.

Quote:
I seem to remember a frog was involved and one of the puzzles involved some magicians or wizards in the kitchen.
This, however, does not. So maybe I'm wrong. (Or maybe you're mixing up two games.)
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 03-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
Filmfreak

Old 03-23-2012, 02:50 AM   #4

Thank you both for your replies, i've had a look at the game you mentioned but it's not that one.

It was quite a basic game with very basic graphics, suitable for children/young teenagers.

I'll keep having a search, just thought someone might recognise it.

Thanks,
Old 03-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #5

OK, so maybe Hugo's House of horrors?
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 03-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #6

Atic Atac? This came out in the 80's though on the ZX Spectrum/BBC-B and I'm only putting it here with the most extreme odds this is what you are looking for..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atic_Atac
Old 03-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #7

Not much of a puzzle game, but Henry's House has you collecting everything and then the key to open the door to the next room. Don't know if it was C64 exclusive though.