Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Assassin's Creed III (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/30626-assassins-creed-iii.html)

Gabe 03-11-2012 02:35 AM

Assassin's Creed III

http://www.youtube.com/v/BSa0Xg-YadY...dded&version=3

Finally series start to take advantage of full surroundings, authentic wildlife and parkuring on trees revolutionary,hope it works good as it looks..

http://o.imgbox.com/aadHpArm.jpg

Schneckchen ^.^ 03-12-2012 10:55 AM

Yeah I can't wait. I skipped the last 2 ACs because they were just milking the franchise. Glad to see they're doing something original again. I was kinda also hoping for ancient Egypt... being able to scale the pyramids or something but this is also really awesome. Can't remember the last time I saw that setting in a video game.

TiAgUh 03-12-2012 11:33 AM

Man, those guys are really pumping out sequels like if it was a EA sports franchise.

That trailer reminded me of The Patriot, only thing missing is him melting toy soldiers to make musket balls :P.

Gabe 03-12-2012 11:59 AM

No doubt there will be a new AC installment every year and lots of places to scale this is just beginning.

Monolith 03-12-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ (Post 603442)
Yeah I can't wait. I skipped the last 2 ACs because they were just milking the franchise. Glad to see they're doing something original again. I was kinda also hoping for ancient Egypt... being able to scale the pyramids or something but this is also really awesome. Can't remember the last time I saw that setting in a video game.

To say they were milking the franchise is just bad. Both brotherhood and revelations were quality installments which added A LOT to the series.

Gabe 03-12-2012 01:50 PM

Most definately brotherhood was the best installment so far.(My favourite action package Da vinci's machines)

Oscar 03-12-2012 10:44 PM

Never played this series. Any good? Sort of reminds me of Tomb Raider with the climbing.

Schneckchen ^.^ 03-13-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 603514)
Never played this series. Any good? Sort of reminds me of Tomb Raider with the climbing.

It is really good but just get one of em (apparently Brotherhood). And then wait for the third (5th) one.

Oscar 03-13-2012 03:22 AM

Truthfully I'm a bit scared away by the idea of a game based around assassinating people. Seems a rather thin but saleable premise for a game.

Schneckchen ^.^ 03-13-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 603529)
Truthfully I'm a bit scared away by the idea of a game based around assassinating people. Seems a rather thin but saleable premise for a game.

Almost every game that isn't an adventure game is about killing people. So yeah I guess if that isn't your thing then you should stay away. :P It's not as "thin" a premise as Tomb Raider which just sells because they implemented big boobies but you never mentioned if you played those games...

Monolith 03-13-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

There is nothing thin or cheaply saleable about this game series at all. lol

Anyways, I still think revelations is my favorite. No matter what people say, I still think the internal struggle of Ezio and his age give way to some AMAZING concepts. Not to mention, Revelations had the best environments in the series ever. Not to mention the absolutely gorgeous vistas. Everything about it, (minus tower defense) was better than the previous games.

TiAgUh 03-13-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 603568)

A templars conspiracy :P

Quote:

See it kinda like a GTA: you'll have fun messing around with it, but it's not a War and Peace or anything like it; I mean, Brotherhood even managed to make L. da Vinci unbearably dull. "EZIIIO!! *italian expressions* I have something for you"-ad nauseam.

Burns11 03-13-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 603568)

Anyways, I still think revelations is my favorite. No matter what people say, I still think the internal struggle of Ezio and his age give way to some AMAZING concepts. Not to mention, Revelations had the best environments in the series ever. Not to mention the absolutely gorgeous vistas. Everything about it, (minus tower defense) was better than the previous games.

I'm almost the exact opposite, Revelations changed me from a vehement defender (especially of the every year schedule) and eagerly anticipating the next game, to all but convinced all the game design talent left with Patrice Desilets.

Oscar 03-13-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ (Post 603560)
Almost every game that isn't an adventure game is about killing people. So yeah I guess if that isn't your thing then you should stay away. :P It's not as "thin" a premise as Tomb Raider which just sells because they implemented big boobies but you never mentioned if you played those games...

That's true, but Tomb Raider has exploration. That's what I like about it and really want in an action game. I couldn't really care what Lara is there for, and if the exploration in Assassin's Creed is good enough I don't care what it's about either, as long as there's not too much exposition.

Schneckchen ^.^ 03-13-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 603601)
That's true, but Tomb Raider has exploration. That's what I like about it and really want in an action game. I couldn't really care what Lara is there for, and if the exploration in Assassin's Creed is good enough I don't care what it's about either, as long as there's not too much exposition.

The AC games have a lot more exploration than Tomb Raider. The Tomb Raider games are pretty linear with just some secret rooms scattered here and there.

DustyShinigami 03-13-2012 04:35 PM

I'm looking forward to it, but it's not my most anticipated title (yet).

I certainly think Revelations is the weakest out of AC II and Brotherhood (I enjoyed those two immensely)... The series is starting to become a bit repetitive and I think the implementation of multiplayer was a bad choice, too. I can't believe Ubisoft's cheek either - having to use a code to unlock the multiplayer component, which should be a part of the game anyway! :shifty: Because I rented the game the code wasn't included, and I certainly wasn't gonna pay for it! :pan:

I also hope they fix those frame-rate and screen tearing issues that have plagued the previous titles, too. Plus, I wish they'd stop using dubstep music in the trailers - they're totally out of place!

Interplay 03-15-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burns11 (Post 603593)
I'm almost the exact opposite, Revelations changed me from a vehement defender (especially of the every year schedule) and eagerly anticipating the next game, to all but convinced all the game design talent left with Patrice Desilets.

I have to agree. I absolutely loved AC2 and Brotherhood, but I just couldn't get into Revelations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ (Post 603522)
It is really good but just get one of em (apparently Brotherhood). And then wait for the third (5th) one.

If you were choosing only one of the AC games to play, I would play AC2. Brotherhood may be the best overall game in the series (love having your assassin helpers), but I think the fantastic Renaissance setting (Venice! Florence!) and the story make AC2 hard to beat. Besides, if you don't play AC2, you probably won't be able to figure out what the hell is going on in Brotherhood or Revelations. (I would expect AC3 to be more newbie-friendly)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyShinigami (Post 603607)
Plus, I wish they'd stop using dubstep music in the trailers - they're totally out of place!

Still, you have to give it up for one of the best game trailers of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K39UWxdm0U

Monolith 03-15-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interplay (Post 603820)
(I would expect AC3 to be more newbie-friendly)

How so?

Interplay 03-15-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 603830)
How so?

Well, while obviously the whole Assassins vs. Templars story thread will continue, I would imagine that the game is necessarily going to start with a fresh protagonist in the 1700s. If you started the series with Brotherhood or Revelations, I think it would be difficult to understand Ezio and how he relates to all these (many) other characters. To contrast, I played AC2 before I went back and played the first one, and it all made sense because you're learning about Ezio's life from scratch. However, I suppose the overall mythos will be a little (a lot?) confusing unless you start from the beginning. On the other hand, I hesitate to tell people to start with AC1 because the sequel was such a quantum leap beyond the first. I say go with AC2.

Dasilva 03-16-2012 05:51 AM

Maybe its just me, but when AC1 was being hyped it looked like something fresh and new akin to Mirrors Edge. I played the first one and loved it, only bad thing were the long pointless horse rides with those bloody alarms going off every 5 minutes.

I haven't been able to keep up with the franchise I thought it would be as simple as Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3. lol

Feels like I need to some research into each game and figure out which one is the sequel or spin off. This is what happens when you go travelling for half a year...