You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Assassin's Creed III

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by teme View Post
AC is my favorite game series currently. I didn't like AC1 that much, but after reading great reviews of AC2 I decided to buy it - and it really blew me away! It fixed problems of AC1 and everything about it worked so fine (theme, story, time period, gameplay, characters, high production values etc).

Brotherhood & Revelations were okay, stories were forgettable and I didn't really like additions they made to gameplay - elements in AC2 were so well thought out, that the new stuff in ACB & ACR felt forced and ruined partly the overall experience. I also loved that the cities in AC2 were clearly different and each city had its own 'feeling', the different districts of big city in ACB & ACR didn't feel as diverse.

I'm really happy about AC3, the series really needs a big change and refreshment, and the location of AC3 is definitely very different than previous games had, so it all looks very promising.
So much blasphemy of ACR. ACB I understand because I thought that game was just a way to offer AC Multiplayer without pissing off the SP fans.

ACR did not rush the story, graphics, locals, ideas at all. Just certain gameplay aspects. ACR was definitely not a forgettable story. From beginning to end, it was a VERY memorable game, somewhat like Indiana Jones and the Last Crucade. Not to mention, it was the only time in the series I genuinely cried. I understood why they drew out Ezio. He was a character that coincided with Desmond's growth. Not to mention, Ezio was a great character which I didn't want to leave.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/