Assassin's Creed III - Page 2 - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Assassin's Creed III

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interplay View Post
Well, while obviously the whole Assassins vs. Templars story thread will continue, I would imagine that the game is necessarily going to start with a fresh protagonist in the 1700s. If you started the series with Brotherhood or Revelations, I think it would be difficult to understand Ezio and how he relates to all these (many) other characters. To contrast, I played AC2 before I went back and played the first one, and it all made sense because you're learning about Ezio's life from scratch. However, I suppose the overall mythos will be a little (a lot?) confusing unless you start from the beginning. On the other hand, I hesitate to tell people to start with AC1 because the sequel was such a quantum leap beyond the first. I say go with AC2.
No doubt, but this character is still apart of the same bloodline in which Ezio and Altair succeeded.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 03-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #22
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interplay View Post
Still, you have to give it up for one of the best game trailers of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K39UWxdm0U
That is a great and an effective trailer, yes.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #23

Iron by Woodkid. My first roommates living on my own were avid female assassins creed fans. Best year ever! When that trailer was released, omg, cellphone ringtone changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSkb0kDacjs

Revelations is still better. It felt more like a sequel than brotherhood. Seriously, what was wrong with the game other than the tower defense segment? Everything about it, visuals, combat, locations, cinematic scenes, desmond and subject 16, etc. It was superior to what is essentially a continuation of a story for both the character of Ezio and Desmond (essentially, we learn more about Desmond through the puzzles).

Being an Adventure Gamer forum, Revelations should of been called the best. Not Brotherhood or AC2. Revelations had more adventure elements than previous games.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #24
handsome

Dang monolith where were you when you were most needed? Some of us were fighting ignorance at it's strongest while you where messing around with those female boobless* Ezios!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Being an Adventure Gamer forum, Revelations should of been called the best. Not Brotherhood or AC2. Revelations had more adventure elements than previous games.
Maybe in a few years when AC-fatigueness starts to lower a bit (if it does) and folks (re)play it. Till then most will prefer the ones that still felt kinda "fresh", knowhatimsayin?

*Boobless cause you're not worthy of such luck .
Old 03-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #25

Ugh, I had a long, thoughtful reply typed up, then hit the wrong button (accidentally knocked the cursor off the text box with tab and hit backspace).

Anyway, let's start from the beginning.

Revelations' pacing was horrible from the start. Unlike previous games Revelations just plopped you into an unlocked map, forcing you to try and control the pacing. The other games gave you story and side missions at a metered pace and it worked much better.

Desmond's story was just a lame hub, and his memory sequences were horribly awkward, not difficult and didn't tell us anything really that we already didn't know. The loss of the excellent subject 16 puzzle sequences and the movie fragments that kept you pushing to find them was a huge letdown. It was also ridiculous that they really didn't expound on Lucy.

Altair's story was the best of the bunch, but they were so short and fleeting that it was hardly enough to make up for the other failings.

Ezio's story was horrible. Previous games gave us an enemy we wanted to hate, that we pushed to take down and gave us glimpses into something greater. Revelations gave us generic enemies with the only motivation being a meta story reveal at the end. It just made the entire game feel like busywork.

I'm not alone either, Revelations is the worst reviewed game in the franchise (metacritic). That the creative director and lead designer are both no longer with Ubisoft and not involved in ACIII isn't without reason.

My excitement going into Revelations was at a 10, coming out it was around 4, with new people in charge and the setting I'd put it at a 7, but there are still reservations seeing what Revelations turned the series into.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #26
The Quiet One

Quote:
What was wrong with the game other than the tower defense segment?
Desmond's platform/puzzle sections? I couldn't stand those and I'm not alone either. I found them so tedious...

I didn't think much to the story compared to the previous ones, either.

...And pretty much everything Burns11 said...
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-19-2012, 01:26 AM   #27
Schättenjager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns11 View Post
Ugh, I had a long, thoughtful reply typed up, then hit the wrong button (accidentally knocked the cursor off the text box with tab and hit backspace).

Anyway, let's start from the beginning.

Revelations' pacing was horrible from the start. Unlike previous games Revelations just plopped you into an unlocked map, forcing you to try and control the pacing. The other games gave you story and side missions at a metered pace and it worked much better.

Desmond's story was just a lame hub, and his memory sequences were horribly awkward, not difficult and didn't tell us anything really that we already didn't know. The loss of the excellent subject 16 puzzle sequences and the movie fragments that kept you pushing to find them was a huge letdown. It was also ridiculous that they really didn't expound on Lucy.

Altair's story was the best of the bunch, but they were so short and fleeting that it was hardly enough to make up for the other failings.

Ezio's story was horrible. Previous games gave us an enemy we wanted to hate, that we pushed to take down and gave us glimpses into something greater. Revelations gave us generic enemies with the only motivation being a meta story reveal at the end. It just made the entire game feel like busywork.

I'm not alone either, Revelations is the worst reviewed game in the franchise (metacritic). That the creative director and lead designer are both no longer with Ubisoft and not involved in ACIII isn't without reason.

My excitement going into Revelations was at a 10, coming out it was around 4, with new people in charge and the setting I'd put it at a 7, but there are still reservations seeing what Revelations turned the series into.
Agree, Revelations looks forced out compare to other sequals.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ View Post
Yeah I can't wait. I skipped the last 2 ACs because they were just milking the franchise. Glad to see they're doing something original again. I was kinda also hoping for ancient Egypt... being able to scale the pyramids or something but this is also really awesome. Can't remember the last time I saw that setting in a video game.
You should really think about playing Revelations. It was an excellent game with a jaw dropping twist. One of the most original ideas I've seen in a game too and it will tie into the future releases. Brotherhood was good but just and extension on AC2.

P.S Scaling Pyramids is a brilliant idea.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:44 AM   #29
Schättenjager

Dual wielding combat.

Wilderness and canoeing
Old 03-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #30

You better be able to wear those beavers as a hat.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ View Post
You better be able to wear those beavers as a hat.
...that would break canon.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #32
handsome

Isn't sticking out like a sore thumb an inconvenience for an assassin?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #33

You think having clothes that fit more with darker tannish tones would help him blend more.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:09 AM   #34
handsome

Not looking like a white mage with feathers would suffice, thank you .

Changing seasons will affect gameplay, it seems.
Name:  32871orig.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  74.1 KB
Old 03-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
Not looking like a white mage with feathers would suffice, thank you .

Changing seasons will affect gameplay, it seems.
Attachment 3386
Actually, they explained the clothing thing in the latest videos. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/fi...s-creed/728505
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/fi...s-creed/728499

Old 03-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #36
handsome

"The game starts with him seeing his village destroyed" ugh hope it's not another pissy excuse for a revenge plot.

Quote:
Actually, they explained the clothing thing in the latest videos. [the 2nd one]
So basically Conor is a walking anachronism cause he wants to? k, it's still the 'unstealthiest' outfit possible (cept for winter time).
The rest looks good tho. Bye nasty scalping =(
Old 04-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #37

I haven't played any of the AC games. They look great, though. I just haven't had time.

I may pick up the other games when they go on sale for super cheap.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 04-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
I haven't played any of the AC games. They look great, though. I just haven't had time.

I may pick up the other games when they go on sale for super cheap.
...they aren't super cheap?

Old 04-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #39

For those wanting to catch up, GameStop has Assassin's Creed Revelations (new copy) for 360/PS3 on sale now for $19.99 (normally $60).
Old 04-13-2012, 03:55 AM   #40

AC is my favorite game series currently. I didn't like AC1 that much, but after reading great reviews of AC2 I decided to buy it - and it really blew me away! It fixed problems of AC1 and everything about it worked so fine (theme, story, time period, gameplay, characters, high production values etc).

Brotherhood & Revelations were okay, stories were forgettable and I didn't really like additions they made to gameplay - elements in AC2 were so well thought out, that the new stuff in ACB & ACR felt forced and ruined partly the overall experience. I also loved that the cities in AC2 were clearly different and each city had its own 'feeling', the different districts of big city in ACB & ACR didn't feel as diverse.

I'm really happy about AC3, the series really needs a big change and refreshment, and the location of AC3 is definitely very different than previous games had, so it all looks very promising.