Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Psychonauts 2 (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/30443-psychonauts-2-a.html)

UPtimist 02-07-2012 07:43 AM

Psychonauts 2

Well, Tim Schafer has been saying for a long time now that he'd want to do Psychonauts 2, but there have always been funding problems. However, now Markus "Notch" Persson, who became a millionaire through Minecraft, said that he wants to fund the game (and is serious about it).

Here's an article about it:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-psychonauts-2

So, perhaps it is possible? Psychonauts definitely deserves a sequel, and has recently been getting some new publicity (for example with new releases on PC etc.), so this boosts the chances too.

I'm pretty psyched up about this! :D

PolloDiablo 02-07-2012 08:04 AM

Enjoyed the game but never finished it because one level was simply too hard for me. Can't remember where I got stuck but I do remember having fun playing it.

Monolith 02-07-2012 08:12 AM

Cool to see Psychonauts 2 might happen. Not cool to see the Douchebag Notch stick his dick into everything.

CoyoteAG 02-07-2012 10:27 AM

I will literally freak out if this happens. Psychonauts is one of my favorite games of all time.

TiAgUh 02-07-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 599809)
Not cool to see the Douchebag Notch stick his dick into everything.

His million $ dick. Don't playa hate when the dude wants to fund something as worthy as this, yo.

Monolith 02-07-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiAgUh (Post 599843)
His million $ dick. Don't playa hate when the dude wants to fund something as worthy as this, yo.

He may not be Uwe Boll, but I hate his loud mouth disgraceful ranting on other games that don't make sense. Sort of like a Hipster Douchebag.

Henke 02-07-2012 03:28 PM

This is great news! I really hope it gets made.

Schneckchen ^.^ 02-07-2012 03:58 PM

Yeah that'd be cool. I love Notch even more now.

Owskie 02-07-2012 07:01 PM

Psychonauts 2.. awesome idea, but notch is not who i would to have any say in development of such a game

D.C. 02-07-2012 08:56 PM

The impression I get is he'd just be helping get the game funded. This is pretty damn promising news. I'm trying hard not to get carried away yet. Here's hoping all goes to plan and we get an awesome sequel.

Monolith 02-07-2012 11:19 PM

Who in the right mind believes that people that fund a project don't have a say in it?

kuze 02-07-2012 11:43 PM

I totally wouldn't read too much into a tweet, and I honestly wouldn't have expected it to blow up in gaming media like this (notch neither, probably). It's twitter.

D.C. 02-07-2012 11:44 PM

That's true, man. Though for something as obscure as Psychonauts makes me think he might just be a fan who happens to be in a position where he can do something about getting a sequel. (The dream of Gabriel Knight fanboys everywhere... :D) All just speculation, but I'm hoping for the best...

Schneckchen ^.^ 02-07-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 599875)
Who in the right mind believes that people that fund a project don't have a say in it?

Maybe if it was Activision or especially EA funding them... but I'm sure Notch will just be like "Ok Tim here's your money. Do your thing." And maybe "you better not make it suck."

Monolith 02-08-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ (Post 599882)
Maybe if it was Activision or especially EA funding them... but I'm sure Notch will just be like "Ok Tim here's your money. Do your thing." And maybe "you better not make it suck."

Notch, the egomaniac would act like that?

TiAgUh 02-08-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 599875)

Exactly, so why all this fuss? And leave the fatso be, man. Badmouth him when he deserves it, not when he is interested in helping Double Fine.

Periglo 02-08-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolloDiablo (Post 599807)
Enjoyed the game but never finished it because one level was simply too hard for me. Can't remember where I got stuck but I do remember having fun playing it.

I do remember: Meat Circus. Steep ramp in difficulty. I loved the game nevertheless.

Owskie 02-08-2012 08:13 AM

helping double fine?

notch?

please... if anything, he's only interested in helping himself.

kuze 02-08-2012 09:06 AM

What's with all the hate for notch? Honest question, I have no idea what the guy did (or said) besides making that blocky crafty java thing.

TiAgUh 02-08-2012 10:18 AM

^ Yeah, please educate us on this alleged dickishness since you're at it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owskie (Post 599910)
please... if anything, he's only interested in helping himself.

You know what I meant, smart ass. You know, love and hate are only one step away; you even quoted Mono. :crazy: