Alan Wake to PC - Page 2 - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2011, 03:08 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
You obviously still need the original controller. With it, it plays the same, as far as I know.
A while ago I read on kotaku about someone getting Skyward to run on Dolphin, but like all emu's, it ran like shit and lots of bugs/glitches.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 12-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #22
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
A while ago I read on kotaku about someone getting Skyward to run on Dolphin, but like all emu's, it ran like shit and lots of bugs/glitches.
We do like derailing threads, don't we?

Also, I haven't tested it, but apparently it is possible to tweak the emu to have a fully playable and enjoyable game.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #23

http://kotaku.com/5878118/alan-wake-...r-windows-live

It looks like the game is coming out in February and will include the DLC. Very interested to pick this up. I wonder what the price will be.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #24

Quote:
We do like derailing threads, don't we?

Also, I haven't tested it, but apparently it is possible to tweak the emu to have a fully playable and enjoyable game.
Well just like any game on Dolphin, (wii or gamecube), a lot of the times you will run into framerate issues or audio stuttering/popping or out of sync game. Haven't played a game without it being in slow motion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interplay View Post
http://kotaku.com/5878118/alan-wake-...r-windows-live

It looks like the game is coming out in February and will include the DLC. Very interested to pick this up. I wonder what the price will be.

Maybe i'll finally beat the DLC this time around. Though I'm looking forward more to the new Alan Wake game than this.

Last edited by Monolith; 01-21-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #25

I replayed Alan Wake just this week for the first time since 2010, definitely better the second time around. (That's coming from someone who loved it the first time too.)

I think it was a case of my expectations being adjusted, playing the game for what it is instead of what I thought it was going to be -- I'd still like to see some improvements in the sequel, but definitely stands up there as a damn fine game on its own merits. I finally got around to the second piece of DLC as well. Actually sets up the next instalment nicely and doesn't end on a cliffhanger like the The Signal did.

I wonder if Alan Wake: American Nightmare will get a PC release too?

Last edited by D.C.; 01-21-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #26

I sort of wished the game actually had the adventure game elements it claimed to have early on. Explore the town, talk to people....pretty much deadly premonition. Too bad, still one of the creepiest most atmospheric games i've ever played. Especially with a paranormal rear window story.

American nightmare won't get a pc release for a while since its getting the exclusivity treatment too.

Last edited by Monolith; 01-21-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #27
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Well just like any game on Dolphin, (wii or gamecube), a lot of the times you will run into framerate issues or audio stuttering/popping or out of sync game.
How many centuries ago was that? Dolphin, like Pcsx2, is a beast. Most games now have only have a few sound hiccups but thats a nickpick if I ever saw one seeing that with a few tweaks it can even look better. SSBBrawl, for example, with a so so rig ran beautifully when I'd tried it just to see if it was worth a buy.

Also, there's a neat (and quite helpful) wiki-compability list for dolphin and Pcsx2.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
How many centuries ago was that? Dolphin, like Pcsx2, is a beast. Most games now have only have a few sound hiccups but thats a nickpick if I ever saw one seeing that with a few tweaks it can even look better. SSBBrawl, for example, with a so so rig ran beautifully when I'd tried it just to see if it was worth a buy.

Also, there's a neat (and quite helpful) wiki-compability list for dolphin and Pcsx2.
Couple of days ago trying Metroid Prime.....I was wondering why the intro was so long, then the music cut out and I waited for Samus's ship to come into the scene.

There needs to be a Wii hack with updated resolution just by connecting to the PC.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #29
handsome

Hum I'm sure it needs; Well, I've played the overrated thing just fine (GC-version, dunno about the wii-ver). I think the only wii game I've tried that was unplayable was Another Code and thats cause it's filled with cutscenes -- dolphin's headache.
Dunno where I'm gettin at here but yeah, there you go: I've just schooled you!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #30
In an evening of July...

As a vocal fan of the original, I'm unsure about American Nightmare. The devs promise more action and more fights, which is not my idea of an Alan Wake (semi)-sequel. I want more story, more wandering around, more of exploration of the insanely atmospheric scenery... And the thing is, if it sells well, we will probably get more action in the proper sequel, and if it doesn't, Alan Wake 2 might never see the light of day.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #31

Quote:
As a vocal fan of the original, I'm unsure about American Nightmare. The devs promise more action and more fights, which is not my idea of an Alan Wake (semi)-sequel. I want more story, more wandering around, more of exploration of the insanely atmospheric scenery... And the thing is, if it sells well, we will probably get more action in the proper sequel, and if it doesn't, Alan Wake 2 might never see the light of day.
One of the main complaints people are having. I want more adventure and less fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
Hum I'm sure it needs; Well, I've played the overrated thing just fine (GC-version, dunno about the wii-ver). I think the only wii game I've tried that was unplayable was Another Code and thats cause it's filled with cutscenes -- dolphin's headache.
Dunno where I'm gettin at here but yeah, there you go: I've just schooled you!
.....My head hurts. Why do people school people? ITS SOOOO MEAN!!!! lol

Old 01-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #32

Yeah, I don't know where the demand for a more action heavy experience came from. Everyone I know who played the game thought the action was the weakest, most repetitive aspect. Here's hoping it's a little more story heavy than the interviews and trailers would imply. (I'm a huge fan of the Night Springs/Arizona setting, though.) I agree with Monolith, I'd like to explore the surrounds more and meet-and-greet the locals.

(American Nightmare was given a release date yesterday. February 22 on Xbox Live.)

Last edited by D.C.; 01-24-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #33

Yeah its apart of the House Party releases on xbox 360.

I can't say combat was horrible in the original. No, much better than the combat in Deadly Premonition. It was very creative how the combat flowed and how you utilized light to fight off the darkness.

In this standalone experience, they will offer more enemies and more weapons. I think the flawed part of the original was the lack of weapon choices. So maybe these additions will enhance the combat.

Last edited by Monolith; 01-24-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #34

I don't have any objection to the combat, like you said, it was all kinds of interesting and creative. I just don't like the idea of seeing more action at the expense of story, though. A little balance goes a long way! I've got my MS points purchased and waiting already. (Some set aside for I Am Alive too. )

Last edited by D.C.; 01-24-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #35

Off topic, but did you hear that Microsoft might be getting rid of the MS Points and going straight to just using your countries currency?

Old 01-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #36
The Quiet One

Yeah, I've read that too... I don't know what to think about it though. On the one hand, using actual currency instead of points is good, but on the other hand, does this mean we'll have to pay the exact prices that Microsoft charge? I mean, at least with points, we can buy Point Cards which tend to be slightly cheaper in retail stores (ha!) or online...

I dunno... Maybe Microsoft will offer some kind of incentive in retail stores (and online) too?

On-topic:

According to GameSpot, the game will be heading straight to Steam and won't be coming to Games for Windows Live!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 01-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyShinigami View Post
Yeah, I've read that too... I don't know what to think about it though. On the one hand, using actual currency instead of points is good, but on the other hand, does this mean we'll have to pay the exact prices that Microsoft charge? I mean, at least with points, we can buy Point Cards which tend to be slightly cheaper in retail stores (ha!) or online...

I dunno... Maybe Microsoft will offer some kind of incentive in retail stores (and online) too?

On-topic:

According to GameSpot, the game will be heading straight to Steam and won't be coming to Games for Windows Live!
Why should it be any different from the points system? You buy a $20 card and you get $20 in xbox, especially for those that pay cash with no credit card or debit.

Also it will probably use a storage/wallet system like we have no, with the account with the whole value of what you have left/stored.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #38

Remedy announced today that there will also be a boxed version of Alan Wake on PC, according to Game Informer. Initially the developers were saying they would be self-publishing which assumes a Steam only release, so this is good news too.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #39
Schättenjager

2 weeks to go http://www.alanwake.com/alan-wake-is-coming-home/
Old 02-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #40
Schättenjager

Quite an achivement,A.W. delivering extremely dense atmosphere that unprecedented in pc gaming history.