Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Deadly Premonition is better than Heavy Rain (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/30171-deadly-premonition-better-than-heavy-rain.html)

Henke 01-10-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 597968)
The boss was tough but I didn't think he was hard. Just like those 'Wall Crawlers', easy to fight, just takes to long to kill.

I guess the fact that my healthmeter is half full from the start (and I don't have any healthpacks left) makes the whole thing a little harder than intended. :P

I didn't find the rest of the game hard at all. I have finished about half of the side quests and they give so much to the story and characters that the game is well worth several replays.

Monolith 01-10-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henke (Post 597971)
I guess the fact that my healthmeter is half full from the start (and I don't have any healthpacks left) makes the whole thing a little harder than intended. :P

I didn't find the rest of the game hard at all. I have finished about half of the side quests and they give so much to the story and characters that the game is well worth several replays.

lol OMG there were some moments I was less than half health and spent most of my sanity trying to get through certain parts. I hate not having medkits on hand.

Stonez 01-20-2012 03:05 PM

So I got the game and you know, it's pretty damned good! Someone had obviously watched a lot of David Lynch movies and TV shows (especially Twin Peaks which I still adore to this day). My biggest gripe though is the god awful control system, especially when driving vehicles, which is way too sensitive. I'm only a wee bit into Act 2 so I've still a long way to go. Really liking it though.

Monolith 01-20-2012 03:34 PM

Driving. Not the best points of the game. Plus the map system sucks. You can't zoom all the way out and select GPS points...its really annoying.....but besides that...

millenia 01-25-2012 08:18 AM

Survival Horror there kinda puts me off but otherwise the game seems very interesting. How scary it is, compared to shit like Silent Hill that I can't even touch or then some more traditional adventures with horror elements?

Henke 01-25-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millenia (Post 599034)
Survival Horror there kinda puts me off but otherwise the game seems very interesting. How scary it is, compared to shit like Silent Hill that I can't even touch or then some more traditional adventures with horror elements?

It's not really scary at all, this is more of a detective game. The scariest parts are when you have dreamsequences where you are chased by an imaginary (or is it) version of the killer. It can get your pulse going but no more then that, unlike any Silent Hill game that will terrify and pour anxiety over you for sure. ;)

Monolith 01-25-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henke (Post 599037)
It's not really scary at all, this is more of a detective game. The scariest parts are when you have dreamsequences where you are chased by an imaginary (or is it) version of the killer. It can get your pulse going but no more then that, unlike any Silent Hill game that will terrify and pour anxiety over you for sure. ;)

They aren't dream sequences.

Henke 01-26-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 599079)
They aren't dream sequences.

So all the living corpses are real too? I must have missed the part where that is explained. Thought it was up to the player to make ones own interpretation. The fact that York is always alone when those scenes occur which he insists on being and he claims it is part of his way of making crime scene investigations made me wonder. :)

Monolith 01-26-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henke (Post 599106)
So all the living corpses are real too? I must have missed the part where that is explained. Thought it was up to the player to make ones own interpretation. The fact that York is always alone when those scenes occur which he insists on being and he claims it is part of his way of making crime scene investigations made me wonder. :)

Spoiler:

Remember when Emily Wyatt went into the clock tower to save Francais? Yeah, she saw the monsters.

Not to mention the tree growing out of her stomach and the monsters every can see?The ending kind of is definitive that everything isn't of the norm.

"York's other dominant trait is his apparent psychic sensitivity to the paranormal. York's ability to see and interact with the Shadows while others are obviously unaware of the horrific presence of these spirits. Even further, York has a tendency to find himself in the strange Other World, completely departed from normal reality while others are unaware of its presence or his absence."

Henke 01-26-2012 01:43 PM

Spoiler:
That's right, Emily saw them too. Forgot about that. I wonder if the "shadow world" was suppose to be connected to the seeds somehow. I thought that York only saw it because of his experience with his father, mother and Kaysen. Really got to finish all the sidequests. ;)

Monolith 01-26-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henke (Post 599131)
Spoiler:
That's right, Emily saw them too. Forgot about that. I wonder if the "shadow world" was suppose to be connected to the seeds somehow. I thought that York only saw it because of his experience with his father, mother and Kaysen. Really got to finish all the sidequests. ;)

I didn't do any of the sidequests so I don't know. :P Usually the sidequests are used to gain special rewards like infinite ammo for certain weapons.

Henke 01-26-2012 10:35 PM

In DP you can get new information about the characters as well. They are well worth doing.

usman 03-13-2012 10:39 AM

Read a great news here http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/sto...&storeId=10151

usman 04-10-2012 09:40 AM

Any updated regarding HD release of the same for PS3 ?

Burns11 04-10-2012 02:25 PM

Probably won't hear more until E3 in June.

Also, game was already in HD (and on PS3 for that matter) it's being called a "Director's Cut" with extra content and move support.

SamandMax 04-10-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burns11 (Post 607208)
"Director's Cut" with extra content and move support.

Haha, I can't wait to see what the Move support is, it's going to be so wonderfully ridiculous.