You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General The most amazing thing ever.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2011, 05:57 AM   #1

Default The most amazing thing ever.

So this doesn't have much to do with adventure gaming. But yesterday a friend of mine recommended a gaming app to me called Onlive.

I have a Macbook Pro, so I can get relatively new games to run quite well on it. But when it comes to brand new games such as Batman Arkham Asylum or Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands, i'd imagine it'd go slow as hell.

So anyway, I try this Onlive programme out, and it comes up with a lot of new games. I try games out like Kane and Lynch 2, and Arkham Asylum... and I'm sat here thinking "I didn't realise my mac could handle these games". Truth is, it wouldn't. I found out that Onlive is somehow showing a video of what you are playing. Its running through the internet, and not on your actual machine. I don't know it works, it's just pretty cool.

It just made me wonder, how come these kind of programmes haven't came about sooner? For years people have been upgrading their computers, or getting new computers altogether just so our machines can handle newer games. Well if these apps become popular, we might never have to!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
Schattenjäger

pretty much this stuff is only feasible because of really fast download speeds. To my understanding it uses ALOT of bandwidth and if you use it often you may have to watch your isp's cap. But yeah, cloud computing is becoming more and more popular all over the place, gamestop has plans to start their own service like this too.