You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General "...and my jaw dropped." (pivotal gaming moments)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2004, 12:11 PM   #61
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowLight
I never knew a video game could make ya cry.
Neither does EA's Neil Young.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 04-28-2004, 08:39 PM   #62
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowLight
I never knew a video game could make ya cry.
I get a little teary now during the end credits of Sam and Max Hit the Road. But that has nothing to do with game itself.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:58 PM   #63
Banned User

Remixor, I just realized what your tag reminds me of: those reviewer portraits they used to have in Zzap!64 magazine. Yours would probably be for a game scoring 85% or better, a typical thumbs-up pic. Not that this has anything to do with anything, mind you.

www.adventurecompanion.com
Old 04-28-2004, 10:40 PM   #64
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo Sakari Aaltonen
Remixor, I just realized what your tag reminds me of: those reviewer portraits they used to have in Zzap!64 magazine. Yours would probably be for a game scoring 85% or better, a typical thumbs-up pic. Not that this has anything to do with anything, mind you.
Fitting indeed.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 12-07-2004, 10:50 PM   #65
merely human

I thought I'd bump this thread to complement this thread.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-08-2004, 10:00 AM   #66
Homer of Kittens

Half Life 2: The first second I stepped out of the building to see the city at the beginning of the game. My Jaw dropped to the floor.

Half life 2: The moment I grabbed a saw blade using the gravity gun, thrusted it through 2 zombies and cut them in half. Oh my goodness

KOTOR:
Spoiler:
The moment I realized that I was Darth Malak's master, and that I have lost my memory

TLJ: The moment I step into the fantasy world of Arcadia

Firefox rules
Old 12-08-2004, 10:16 AM   #67
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens

* Deus Ex - the vanishing into a deeply vast world of choices, consequences, responsibilities, and philosophical and ethical weights and measures. This game is, brilliantly, NOT for horny 14-year-olds. Far from it. Alongside Thief, the Silent Hill series, and the Hitman series, Deus Ex is the only computer game to meet me on my level of intellectual and emotional maturations as an adult. My jaw dropped with Deus Ex - and it dropped profoundly.
Trep is Deus Ex that good? I am yet to play the game, but I've been hearing everyone here raving about it. And I know what good taste you guys have Sometimes multiple paths turn me off a little coz I dunno if what I'm doing is really wrong and gonna screw me up down the road. Is there anything like that in the game, or every path you take will lead to success?

Firefox rules
Old 12-08-2004, 11:17 AM   #68
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

In Grim Fandango , the first time Manny crosses that massive bridge, I had to stop and admire the way the water beneath shimmered. beautiful.

In Thief: The Dark Project , in the very first mission, almost fell out of my seat laughing when eavesdropping on that one guard who was whining about how lonely he was, and how the other guards seemed to despise him. Listening to the conversations was almost more fun than completing each mission. Not a "wow!" moment, but one of my favorite unexpected game moments.

In Black and White it was cool when the villagers would start saying my name when they worshipped...and equally creepy when approaching a nearly-deserted village and hearing that creepy voice whisper, "Deeeath...." The little details really made that one a blast, can't wait for the sequel!