You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Who needs GTA V anyway...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #1

Default Who needs GTA V anyway...

well I do actually but in the meantime..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCqL...el_video_title

skip to the 6 min mark for the world populated..thats pretty
Old 06-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

That looks fantastic but judging by how beautiful Red Dead Redemption was, I think Rockstar could easily top it for GTA V.

Speaking of GTA V, we shouldn't be that far off from an announcement about it. All signs seem to point to a 2012 release so I'd have to imagine there's going to be some kind of teaser trailer in the next few months. Or maybe we'll hear something about Agent first - the 70s espionage action game that has been trapped in development for years now.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 06-25-2011, 09:56 PM   #3

Looks great, sadly it would kill his comp if he turned on the civilians. I am so tempted to get this going on my comp....I think it would be fine if I lowered the screen resolution.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 06-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #4
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax View Post
Speaking of GTA V, we shouldn't be that far off from an announcement about it. All signs seem to point to a 2012 release so I'd have to imagine there's going to be some kind of teaser trailer in the next few months. Or maybe we'll hear something about Agent first - the 70s espionage action game that has been trapped in development for years now.
Yup I think a 2012 release with it using the La Noire facial system and a San Andreas setting.

It's probably late 2012 otherwise they would have shown somthing at E3.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:09 AM   #5

still waiting for Red Dead to hit PC, since L.A Noire's been announced now my hope is slightly renewed

as for a GTA5 I really hope they can give us something new. 4 was fun but didn't have the same kind of humour as the previous games and other than graphics didn't feel like it offered much new. I'd also love if they had an RPG style character customisation but I doubt it
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus
Old 06-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoymous Broccoli View Post
well I do actually but in the meantime..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCqL...el_video_title

skip to the 6 min mark for the world populated..thats pretty
LOL, looks good. Still, I can't help thinking if this fellow just wanted to show off how powerful his rig is. You know how some of us 'nerds' tend to be, brandishing our PCs as if we were making up for lack of something else. Boys will be boys. D'aaaawww!

Regardless, I eagerly anticipate GTA V. Anyone have an idea which real world city will be recreated this time? I'm hoping for one of the following: London, Paris, Chicago, Tokyo. I'll be annoyed and disappointed if they rehash New York, Miami, or Los Angeles. Give the other metropolises a chance already!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
I'm hoping for one of the following: London, Paris, Tokyo...
Oooh, now they'd be interesting...! Trouble is, Rockstar have always done Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas (minus one exception) ever since the first game. I doubt that'll change anytime soon. Out of those three though, I wouldn't mind a revisit to Vice City; I loved that city in the 80s.

Awesome video by the way - it looks gorgeous on PC and runs silky smooth with the appropriate rig. I doubt I'd show off how well a game runs on my rig; I'd just keep playing it over and over and keep the experience all for myself.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-29-2011, 10:20 AM   #8

well they did a 2D London and said something once about maybe revisiting it, so there's always that possibility. plus after doing the same cities over and over maybe they'll try to mix things up a bit. GTA4 in Liberty City was a nice bit of nostalgia mixed with new (not that much of Liberty was recognisable from GTA1 or 3) but I really hope the next game goes somewhere we've not GTA'ed before
Old 07-16-2011, 06:11 AM   #9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEHtz...layer_embedded

damn it's good
Old 07-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #10
Senior Automaton

Not a huge fan of GTA but I have to admit that looks amazing. They almost look like photos.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #11
Stalker of Britain

Yummy. I'm playing IV for the first time and loving it, although I'm playing it on the console and I'm not used to using a controller, especially with a cast on.

But man I love it, stealing cars, going to strip clubs, shooting peeps, all types of stuff to do. (Is the PC version worse with controls?)

But yes, back onto GTA V, those pics look really awesome. Love the one in the rain.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #12

I don't like Rockstar games in general, but Vice City was pretty damn classic.
The umm photos are fine, I guess. I can almost feel the huge framerate sink associated with this amount of detail
Old 07-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #13
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Yummy. I'm playing IV for the first time and loving it, although I'm playing it on the console and I'm not used to using a controller, especially with a cast on.

But man I love it, stealing cars, going to strip clubs, shooting peeps, all types of stuff to do. (Is the PC version worse with controls?)

But yes, back onto GTA V, those pics look really awesome. Love the one in the rain.
Whoa... You've certainly changed your opinion on GTA, Fantasy! I thought you couldn't stand the game(s)? Well, as they say... 'don't knock it, until you've tried it'.

But yeah, I don't think the game's controls were optimized very well for the PC (I could be wrong, though). I do know people complained when they found out they wouldn't be able to set every setting at max with their rigs; the developers said the higher settings were for future hardware. Either way, the PC version is ridiculously demanding!

Those pics are lush, by the way. I guess you could say the game's graphics (mainly on the consoles) are starting to show their age, but I still think they look just as fantastic as when the game first came out.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
Stalker of Britain

I don't think I ever hated it, I just didn't want to kill cops and certainlly don't want my kids playing it someday. Well, I haven't killed many cops unless I've had to, so I'm enjoying it.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #15
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post

Hee hee hee, I didn't know you had a naughty side, ol' girl.

GTA titles, I argue, actually handle better with controllers instead of mouse & keyboard. I remember playing GTA III and compared to my experience with GTA IV on the 360, the console experience easily trumps. Plus I had the luxury of experiencing Liberty City on a huge HDTV.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #16

personally I prefer mouse and keyboard. I tried one of them on a friends PS2 once and couldn't get used to the controller. but I've been using computers since I was an infant so keyboards are what I'm used to (even my C64 had a mouse, came with a paint package called cheese so it was Mouse & Cheese)
Old 07-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
personally I prefer mouse and keyboard. I tried one of them on a friends PS2 once and couldn't get used to the controller. but I've been using computers since I was an infant so keyboards are what I'm used to (even my C64 had a mouse, came with a paint package called cheese so it was Mouse & Cheese)
On the ps2? You know controls change right? Controllers almost always trump mouse and keyboard in areas of immersion, ease of use for non-first person games, and lack of keyboard interaction.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 07-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #18

well that's the only time I tried using a controller for GTA specifically, I think it was San Andreas for what it's worth. I've tried joysticks, joypads and such as well but I'm too used to mouse and keyboard and prefer those
Old 07-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #19
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
I've tried joysticks, joypads and such as well but I'm too used to mouse and keyboard and prefer those
So many different kinds of interface exist now for gaming - controllers, motion sensitive feedback, touch screens, voice recognition... Even though it's still reliable it's rather ironic that PC game developers still insist on mouse & keyboard setup. And ironic given that the very existence of technology relies on finding new and better ways to do things.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:27 AM   #20

part of it comes down to what we're used to. a longterm console gamer will have difficulty adjusting to a computers mouse and keyboard just as a longterm computer gamer will be resistant to controllers

another part comes down to the fact that a games immersion should depend on the strength and atmosphere of the game and not the controller. I've been drawn into many games despite clunky UIs, awkward controls and bad graphics. a game doesn't need to have us make the real life hand gestures appropriate to an action to make us feel like we're performing the action, not if it's done well