You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Who needs GTA V anyway...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2011, 02:00 AM   #21
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I don't think I ever hated it, I just didn't want to kill cops and certainlly don't want my kids playing it someday. Well, I haven't killed many cops unless I've had to, so I'm enjoying it.
You have more self-control than I do. I think I tend to worry family members when playing open-world games, due to my tendency to drive intentionally badly and act with unneccessary hostility towards everyone I see while laughing maniacally.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
You have more self-control than I do. I think I tend to worry family members when playing open-world games, due to my tendency to drive intentionally badly and act with unneccessary hostility towards everyone I see while laughing maniacally.
yeah me too. Hell when I was a kid playing GTA with friends we didn't even bother with the missions we all just took it in turns seeing how many cops we could kill and how long we would last with the cops, the army, the FBI everyone after us.

I kind of got bored with GTA after Vice City though. Loved VC (the best one imo) and the whole Scarface mafia theme it had going on but didn't like the gangster stuff of San Andreas.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoymous Broccoli View Post
yeah me too. Hell when I was a kid playing GTA with friends we didn't even bother with the missions we all just took it in turns seeing how many cops we could kill and how long we would last with the cops, the army, the FBI everyone after us.

I kind of got bored with GTA after Vice City though. Loved VC (the best one imo) and the whole Scarface mafia theme it had going on but didn't like the gangster stuff of San Andreas.
Did you finish San Andreas? A lot of people complain about the "Boyz n the Hood" feel, but it's only like that for the first few hours of the game.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #24

San Andreas had it's flaws, and quite a few of them, but overall I found it to be enjoyable, just not as good as Vice City. GTA4 is a lot of fun too, although it's somewhat darker and some of the humour is a bit more subtle rather than in your face
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus
Old 07-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
Did you finish San Andreas? A lot of people complain about the "Boyz n the Hood" feel, but it's only like that for the first few hours of the game.
Yeah, it get´s better as you move forward in the story, although it´s not as mindblowing as it was praised to be.
Some great voice acting in this game (James Woods !)
I think I played it after GTA IV, couldn´t get myself to play 100% before because of the Ghetto style.

I think if GTA3 would get a graphic update, more vehicles (motorcycles, choppers) and GTA4´s 3rd person gunfight system it still would be the best of the bunch for me.

When it comes to atmosphere, nothing beats GTA3 Portland for me.
The game also featured the awesome Gangcars & gang-system.
Memento Mori/Heavy Rain-Taxidermist
Replay: ---
Favorite Adventure: Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars
waiting to be played: Sanitarium, Perry Rhodan, Tex Murphy FMV Series
Old 07-29-2011, 12:54 PM   #26
The Quiet One

The only two updates I'd like to see in GTA 3 is a movable camera (360) and motorcycles.

It's really strange the game never had any motorcycles... The originals did...

Quote:
When it comes to atmosphere, nothing beats GTA3 Portland for me.
I know what you mean about Portland's atmosphere... That island just seems more fun to be in than the other two. Also, it reminds me of when I was in high school.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #27

speaking of high school, Bully's quite fun too. it's not exactly like GTA in a school (and all things considered, probably for the best) but it's sort of like a cross between GTA and the old ZX Spectrum/C64 classic Skool Daze
oh and contrary to some media complaints (who did about as much research as the Mass Effect sex scandal reporters) you do not actually play as a bully, you oppose them
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus
Old 07-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #28
Senior Automaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
The only two updates I'd like to see in GTA 3 is a movable camera (360) and motorcycles.

It's really strange the game never had any motorcycles... The originals did...
Didn't Vice City have bikes? That's the only one I've played since the original but I'm sure I remember them, you had to go really slow otherwise you'd hit something and fall off.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #29
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
speaking of high school, Bully's quite fun too. it's not exactly like GTA in a school (and all things considered, probably for the best) but it's sort of like a cross between GTA and the old ZX Spectrum/C64 classic Skool Daze
oh and contrary to some media complaints (who did about as much research as the Mass Effect sex scandal reporters) you do not actually play as a bully, you oppose them
Yes, I've played Bully. It's just a shame the game is so damn buggy, specifically the PC and 360 versions. Funny game though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Didn't Vice City have bikes? That's the only one I've played since the original but I'm sure I remember them, you had to go really slow otherwise you'd hit something and fall off.
Yes, it did.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 08-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #30
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

I've been playing Sid Meier's Pirates recently and it made me realize that Rockstar need to make the definitive open world pirate game. Immediately. Someone please relay that message to the Houser brothers.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 08-04-2011, 04:13 AM   #31
The Quiet One

Now that's a cool idea! And it wouldn't be a family-friendly pirate game either, like Pirates of the Caribbean, or - dare I say it? - Monkey Island, but a realistic and violent portrayal of pirates.

I wonder if the Houser brothers watched many pirate movies when they were younger like they have with mob, noir and western movies? Hmm...
Old 08-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Now that's a cool idea! And it wouldn't be a family-friendly pirate game either, like Pirates of the Caribbean, or - dare I say it? - Monkey Island, but a realistic and violent portrayal of pirates.

I wonder if the Houser brothers watched many pirate movies when they were younger like they have with mob, noir and western movies? Hmm...
PotC isn't dark and violent? lol

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 08-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #33
The Quiet One

I've not played the games so I can't comment on those. But the movies? Well... okay, they are lol. But they're more dark-fantasy-family movies, aren't they?

But when I say 'dark and violent', I mean things like mature/adult themes and heavy bloodshed etc. Y'know... the sort of content you'll usually find in a Rockstar game.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #34
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoymous Broccoli View Post
I'm another one who has every part of my anatomy crossed that GTAV will be back in Vice City. VC was by far my favourite game in the entire series, from the light hearted Eighties feel to it, to the great music on the radio stations, and that bright colour pallet of sunshine shine and neon lights, which contrasts against all the greys and browns in modern games as they increasingly strive for 'realism.' I just want to go back there.

I never did complete San Andreas, it lacked appeal for me and I didn't connect with it at all. I finally got bored of all the drive-by shootings in the ghetto and not being able to understand what any of the characters were saying, and I gave up. Thankfully my friend lent me his memory card so I could appreciate the size of the world, which was quite something to behold, though my poor old PS2 did have a habit of rendering trees only after I had unwittingly flown my plane into them.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 09-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #35

I dont really do Mods or add on's usually, but they do look like they change the game visualy, quite substantialy. If i could play the regular version smoothly, then i might trythem out, maybe when i replay it in the future, who knows. Certainly looking forward to GTA V