Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   The Humble Frozenbyte Bundle - pay what you want! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/28875-humble-frozenbyte-bundle-pay-what-you-want.html)

laffer 04-12-2011 06:54 PM

The Humble Frozenbyte Bundle - pay what you want!

Youtube promo video

Direct link to the HumbleBundle website.

NOTE - I have not bought this bundle myself, everything in this post is based on information on their website.
I'm personally not interested in these games so I can't test this out myself, but I think it seems like a really nice idea and I especially like how you can choose to give everything you pay to charities they have listed.

Found this posted in another forum I often visit, and thought it might be cool enough to create a thread about here.

Basically it's a bundle of five indie games -

Trine
Shadowgrounds
Shadowgrounds: Survivor
Splot
Jack Claw

However, take note that only the three first games listed there are full, polished games.
Jack Claw is a prototype of a game that ended up being cancelled and as such is NOT a finished game, and Splot is still under development and will be added to your bundle once completed.

Even so, I think paying whatever you'd like is a pretty good deal :D

Another cool aspect of this deal is that after you've decided how much you want to pay, you can give all of it to either of, or split the sum up between the following - Frozenbyte (developer), Humble Tip (pays for the bandwidth and development of this promotion).... and the two remaining options which consist of two charity organizations, EFF and Child's Play.
You can choose to give the entire sum to the charities, if you wish.

rayvio 04-12-2011 11:27 PM

while I like the idea for this (and the previous humble bundle) there's a few flaws of the system
firstly, given the choice of how much to pay, most people will just pay the bare minimum or close to it, usually not close to what the games are actually worth
secondly it's difficult to judge what the games are worth without having played them first
thirdly a lot of people will then assume that the majority of the human race are selfish and want everything for free regardless of how much those who worked to create those 'freebies' deserves when in fact a lot of those people genuinely couldn't afford to pay more. although some of course would qualify as selfish

UPtimist 04-13-2011 05:58 AM

It's a tested system and these aren't new/very big games, so even if they don't get that much money, it still pays off. Plus, people can be more generous than you might think in these and it certainly beats all those people just pirating these.

rayvio 04-13-2011 12:02 PM

I didn't say they were big flaws :P I just feel like a bit of a cynic first thing in the morning

UPtimist 04-13-2011 11:21 PM

Well alright then :) A bit of cynicism in the morning keeps the doctor away. Or was it something else?

Kovaelin 07-01-2011 07:11 AM

I know that this is long over, but I was wondering if anyone still has any gift codes (or just the Steam key) left for this. I have the Desura key for HIB#2 if anyone is interested. Thanks.