You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Batman: Arkham City

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Rocksteady doing the same thing again game named city then no real city map just a bigger asylum but catwoman fun at least.
So, is that a complaint? I can't see why.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 12-12-2011, 04:29 AM   #22
Schättenjager

No complaint,my expectations from a city title is different.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:22 AM   #23
Senior Automaton

How long is this game? Asylum was LONG. I felt some of the impetus was lost by the end simply by virtue of the sheer length.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
How long is this game? Asylum was LONG. I felt some of the impetus was lost by the end simply by virtue of the sheer length.
The story campaign seemed at least as long and probably longer than Asylum's. However, there are a ton of extra side missions which can sidetrack you for a good LONG while. Also, there are like 400 or something Riddler trophies to find this time (even if you find 'em pretty quick, that takes a while). All in all, I poured a lot of hours into this game and loved every second. (I'm still basking in the afterglow, even after going back and replaying Asylum afterwards).
Old 12-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interplay View Post
The story campaign seemed at least as long and probably longer than Asylum's. However, there are a ton of extra side missions which can sidetrack you for a good LONG while. Also, there are like 400 or something Riddler trophies to find this time (even if you find 'em pretty quick, that takes a while). All in all, I poured a lot of hours into this game and loved every second. (I'm still basking in the afterglow, even after going back and replaying Asylum afterwards).
Its funny, to think AA could feel long and you lose interest seems kind of wrong. Environments change, so much to do, many enemy types, adventure elements, side quests, varied content, etc. Its a work of art.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Its funny, to think AA could feel long and you lose interest seems kind of wrong. Environments change, so much to do, many enemy types, adventure elements, side quests, varied content, etc. Its a work of art.
Yeah, don't misunderstand me. I pointed out the length of the game to show how much bang for your buck you get. I don't think there's a boring second in either game. What really impresses me after replaying the first one is how different they really are. The sequel keeps throwing out unique scenarios that really keep things interesting to the end.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interplay View Post
Yeah, don't misunderstand me. I pointed out the length of the game to show how much bang for your buck you get. I don't think there's a boring second in either game. What really impresses me after replaying the first one is how different they really are. The sequel keeps throwing out unique scenarios that really keep things interesting to the end.
I read a review that stated the in AC, the side quests and unique instances over shadowed the point of the main arc.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #28
The Quiet One

*Bump*

Looks like we could actually be getting some story-based DLC at last!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour