You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General What are the best action adventure games like onimusha 3?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 03:40 AM   #1

Default What are the best action adventure games like onimusha 3?

Can you suggest me some action adventure games. Suggest me games which can suite my graphic card which is 128 MB and my processor is Intel Core 2 Duo. And help me in finding them. Post the links if you know.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:38 AM   #2

Hi,

I believe you might be in the wrong place, this forum mainly discusses the classic point and click adventure style games, stuff like Monkey Island etc, you seem to be more into console type experiences like action games or action adventure games...

Anyway, if we're gonna do this, need more info, do you want to play those games explicitly on your PC? If so, what is your video card exactly and how much RAM does your PC have? Since a ton more are available for consoles and it will be easier to play, no need to install, patch etc.

Right of the bat though, i guess i could recommend DarkSiders for PC, supposed to be a pretty good action adventure...

Last edited by phredster; 11-23-2010 at 04:49 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
Schattenjäger

best action adventures iv played include: psychonauts (pc, ps2), okami (ps2, wii).
Both of those games are likely to blow your mind.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #4

Beyond Good and Evil and Rayman 2(although bit dated).
Old 11-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Outcast.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #6

King's Quest 8, one of the most misunderstood and controversial game of all time.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
King's Quest 8, one of the most misunderstood and controversial game of all time.
and overall horrible game. haha

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 11-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #8
Schattenjäger

One of the fatal flaws for KQ8 i think was their decision to call it KQ8. If they had just called it something like "KQ: adventures", so that people see it as a spin-off game (which is what it really is) then it wouldnt get as much as a bad rap. Just imagine, if they had taken fallout:brotherhood of steel, and had instead called it fallout 3. BoS was a decent game and interesting genre change, but it wouldv received endless hate if it were billed as the 3rd fallout game.
Im certainly not saying renaming kq8 would make it anymore successful, but it would likely change how it was received by the diehard fans.