You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Where can I buy an old computer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #1

Default Where can I buy an old computer?

I'm looking for an old Windows 95 / 98 era computer to play old Adventure games on. I've done all sorts of technical messing about with various games but even when you get them to run they don't look good because of screen resolution problems and whatnot. So I have come to the conclusion that the simplest thing to do is just to purchase an old machine and save all the hassle.

The sole reason I want this machine is to play old 90s games on, it doesn't need to be Internet ready or anything like that.

I've searched around online but haven't been able to find anywhere to buy one. Any advice?

Or anyone here have one they want to get rid of? I'm in Leicester, United Kingdom.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:38 AM   #2
The Quiet One

You, my friend, are in luck. I just so happen to have an old Windows 98 machine in my room, that I never use, that I've been thinking about getting rid of. You can have it for nothing if you want. It may need reformatting, though. I think I even left Gabriel Knight on there. It's the tower deck only, I'm afraid, and I can't remember the complete spec for it.

PM me if you're interested.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour