Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   ICO and Shadow Of The Colossus remastered in HD (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/27810-ico-shadow-colossus-remastered-hd.html)

Intrepid Homoludens 09-17-2010 04:21 PM

ICO and Shadow Of The Colossus remastered in HD

Shadow of the Colossus HD release confirmed, new Last Guardian trailer | Ars Technica

Quote:

The Ico/SOTC HD collection has been rumored for quite some time—we even caught a glimpse of what the collection could look like—but now it's official. And it looks like Sony is doing more than just a simple HD facelift. It will also feature support for 3D and Trophies, the framerate will be locked at 30fps, and the game will include the European ending. It's expected to be released in spring 2011.
No, it's not a remake. It's a remastering. Same exact games, but this time in high definition. They will be sold together on one disc.

Screenshots here.

ICO and Shadow Of The Colossus Collection HD official trailer

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4106/...9d0a6378_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/...058f2d9f_b.jpg

Monolith 09-17-2010 04:48 PM

I WANT!

But yet, why does everything looks so grey. It's like the typical playstation trademark.

Roper Klacks 09-17-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 559685)

But yet, why does everything looks so grey.

It's Team Ico style i guess. Their games are all grey with washed out colours. The Last Guardian will be the same.

ICO is really a great game, with a lot of heart, Shadow of the Colossus is ok, but those controls were atrocious and its repetitive as hell.

Dasilva 09-17-2010 09:35 PM

I guess I'm one of the few people who haven't finished Ico or Shadow. But Guardian looks amazing. :)

Lupin The Third 09-18-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 559685)
I WANT!

But yet, why does everything looks so grey. It's like the typical playstation trademark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roper Klacks (Post 559691)
It's Team Ico style i guess. Their games are all grey with washed out colours. The Last Guardian will be the same.

ICO is really a great game, with a lot of heart, Shadow of the Colossus is ok, but those controls were atrocious and its repetitive as hell.

Actually I noticed this back with the PS2 era of games. I'm not trying to pick on Sony or their hardware here (so fanbots calm down) but the use of subdued colors (greys, blacks, browns, etc) is a great camouflage for mediocre rendering. Look at most of the big PS2 titles of the era....Socom, MGS, Ico/Shadow, etc. While it's easy to claim that the subdued, muted color palettes of such games were stylistic choices it's very apparent when compared with other consoles of the time that this was a method that devs used to cover up mediocre rendering. Gamecube or Dreamcast games by contrast were typically much more vibrant and visually appealing. The PS2 obviously couldn't match the rendering capabilities of the Gamecube or Xbox 1 and even most quality DC titles looked better and offered a better color palette and rendered images (compare Soul Calibur on DC to SC 2/3 on PS2 for example). As a result many developers seemed to have chosen these more muted palettes to give their games a more pleasing aesthetic. It worked really well and if you think back over the PS2 library you'll see what I mean.

All that aside this is awesome news. I had a PS3 (for all of a day...) and I haven't really seen much reason to jump back in. The Ico/Shadow HD version along with Last Guardian do make me much more interested in the platform.

Owskie 09-20-2010 03:33 PM

something to play on my ps3!!

yay!

Intrepid Homoludens 09-20-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owskie (Post 559877)
something to play on my ps3!!

yay!

For once you're not complaining about a game. I should take your temperature.

ggreen737 09-23-2010 05:37 PM

Team ICO is one dev team I think I'll be following as long as they're in business, such quality in every title. I'd pay like $100 for both remakes, easy.

Ninja Dodo 10-10-2010 11:03 AM

Excellent! Though not thrilled about trophies since you still can't disable the goddamn pop-ups or *pling* sound. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Destroy Immersion.

Phenomsandwich 10-10-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo (Post 561303)
Excellent! Though not thrilled about trophies since you still can't disable the goddamn pop-ups or *pling* sound. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Destroy Immersion.

I did hear that they are going to make a trophy where you hook up any microphone and scream "Destroy Immersion". I think it's only a bronze though.