You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Alice: Madness Returns (EA trademarks title)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
merely human

Default Alice: Madness Returns (EA trademarks title)

EA Trademarks Name For Next American McGee's Alice | GayGamer.net

Quote:
This may be a minor spot of news compared to the rest of the aftershocks from E3, but for some of our more gothically-minded readers, it could be among the best news to come from the last few weeks.

Early last year we found out about a new sequel to American McGee's Alice, the PC retelling from ten years ago which delighted fans with its twisted look at an already bizarre children's tale. Then in November, VorpalBunny showed us the teaser video which proved EA has still been hard at work on the title.

Today, we can tell you that - despite E3 passing with nary a glance through the looking glass - the sequel is still coming in 2011. Furthermore, EA filed a trademark last week for a nicely pertinent name: Alice: Madness Returns.

So while we still don't have a release date or any indication on the narrative other than "Alice had a relapse," we now at least know what to call it. If it's truly on schedule, we should be able to pass along some better details further along in the year!
Alice sequel teaser trailer (stop motion animation possibly made by a fan)
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #2

Trailer is not made by a fan. It is an actual teaser.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 06-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #3

That's a cool trailer - I didn't really get into Alice when it first came out because even though the style was amazing, it was essentially the same old 3D jump and run schtick as all those Tomb Raider clones "back in the day". But with today's technology and innovations - if they expand the gameplay into something as cinematic as that teaser then I'll be down for that.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
The Quiet One

Some screenshots have surfaced...
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #5

Looks great in my opinion. Based on the conceptual art I've seen while attending the offices, the screenshots do them a lot of justice. Beautifully dark.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #6
merely human

Darkly delicious.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
In an evening of July...

Two words: fuck yes.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
Stalker of Britain

Wow, that picture Intrepid posted is amazing. I love the dark tone. I never got into the original, since I'm not very good at action games, but the dark plot always interested me.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #9
The Quiet One

At least this version of Alice will be much better and darker than Tim Burton's *cough* darker *cough* adaption.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #10
The Quiet One

A 30 second teaser trailer and a short interview with American McGee and the executive producer.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #11
Fing-longer Inventor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Wow, that picture Intrepid posted is amazing. I love the dark tone. I never got into the original, since I'm not very good at action games, but the dark plot always interested me.
You need to get it right away that's an order Can't wait for this one, these screenshots make me want to play the original so bad, was one of my favourite interpretation of the Alice stories. I may have to go an dig it out.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #12
Restless Dreamer

Wow, the trailer is amazing, and the screenshots leave me salivating for more. Can't wait for this one!
All Time Faves: Silent Hill 2, Scratches: Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus
Old 09-21-2010, 11:36 AM   #13
The Quiet One

New teaser.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:20 AM   #14
merely human

New screenshots from TGS 2010 at Joystiq (please excuse the oversized pic). OMG is that a.....pepper grinder cannon?
Old 09-24-2010, 04:32 AM   #15

Wow! Thanks for that. Never saw these!

Old 09-24-2010, 05:13 AM   #16

GT posted a nice interview with American Mcgee
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tg...madness/705062
Old 03-11-2011, 07:16 AM   #17
The Quiet One

*bump*

Two gameplay demos and a gameplay trailer taken from GDC:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-7748-Alice--Madness-Returns-Gameplay-Trailers-Are-as-Mad-as-a-Hatter.html