Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   LucasFarts (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/2642-lucasfarts.html)

Jony 03-26-2004 09:28 PM

LucasFarts

I am seriously considering that Lucas arts are retarded. I was browsing through their polls and here is something interesting that I found:

Which of these games announced for E3 2003 are you most excited about?

Armed & Dangerous 2%
Full Throttle: Hell on Wheels 13%
Secret Weapons Over Normandy 3%
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy 54%
Star Wars Rogue Squadron: Rebel Strike 28%
Wrath Unleashed 0%

I mean Full Throttle get more than Wrath, but it is the latter that is released...

And here is something else:

What is your favorite genre?
Action 14%
Adventure 26%
Racing 3%
Role Playing 18%
Strategy 13%
First Person Shooter 15%
Flight Action 11%

Adventure blew everything else....

Fuck those lucas farts bastards!!!! :sad:

guybrush_guy 03-26-2004 09:37 PM

you seem upset about the fullthrottle cancelation, i am upset about it to but the reasoning of cancellation is understandable, they did'nt want to disapoint there fans because they them selfs thought it sucked.
thats honerable.
thousands of game companys release games that suck and i'm sure they no they do.
who was head of finance during the cancellation of full throttle?

doppelganger rex 03-26-2004 10:21 PM

Lucasarts castrates self, thorws the balls into the forest. :D :D :D

spaceship789 03-27-2004 03:45 AM

Were there any good stats on Sam and Maxs anticipatedness?

I heard something like #86 on Amazon wha's hot list, but they'd removed it (or something) when I checked.

jjacob 03-27-2004 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceship789
Were there any good stats on Sam and Maxs anticipatedness?

I heard something like #86 on Amazon wha's hot list, but they'd removed it (or something) when I checked.

I thought someone here on the board even mentioned it was in the top 10 at amazon UK..

:r

Jony 03-27-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
you seem upset about the fullthrottle cancelation, i am upset about it to but the reasoning of cancellation is understandable, they did'nt want to disapoint there fans because they them selfs thought it sucked.
thats honerable.
thousands of game companys release games that suck and i'm sure they no they do.
who was head of finance during the cancellation of full throttle?

Its not so much about Full Trotle but for Lucas Arts adventure games in general... :frown:

Pappapisshu 03-27-2004 09:43 AM

Judging by that one poll, I understand why they're sticking with the endless Star Wars exploitation. What I can't understand is why they even considered releasing Wrath Unleashed or, for that matter, Armed and Dangerous, and at the same time (well...) cancelling Sam & Max: FP.

Scoville 03-27-2004 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pappapisshu
Judging by that one poll, I understand why they're sticking with the endless Star Wars exploitation. What I can't understand is why they even considered releasing Wrath Unleashed or, for that matter, Armed and Dangerous, and at the same time (well...) cancelling Sam & Max: FP.

They did it because they weren't at the same time. The release of A&D and Wrath came BEFORE the Sam and Max cancellation. In fact, they came out right before the cancellation. It seems pretty obvious that LA saw the bad sales returns on the four or five non-Star Wars games they did in the past year and scrapped Sam and Max as a result.

Pappapisshu 03-27-2004 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoville
They did it because they weren't at the same time. The release of A&D and Wrath came BEFORE the Sam and Max cancellation.

I know, that why I injected the (well...).

Still, they released Wrath without it gaining any interest whatsoever from anyone. No one cared about the game. That was not the case with S&M:FP, which mmade its way into various top lists and whatnot.

lemonhead11 03-27-2004 01:54 PM

Not that I would want this, but with all the Star Wars ripoffs, I'm surprised that they've never made a Star Wars adventure game.

The Seed 03-27-2004 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemonhead11
Not that I would want this, but with all the Star Wars ripoffs, I'm surprised that they've never made a Star Wars adventure game.

Actually I wouldn't mind a Star Wars adventure game at all.
I know with the announcement of S&M's cancellation, Star Wars hatred around here has (understandably) soared, but I still like Star Wars, the problem I have with Star Wars games is that there are simply to many of them.

If adventure games were being produced as often as Star Wars games, then I really wouldn't have a problem with Star Wars games at. If a Star Wars adventure game were announced, my initial reaction would be something like "Yay, a new adventure game".

Of course, there is a question mark over whether LEC could actually pull this off. If the subject of the game centred on something along the lines of "Jar Jar's quest to become a total f*** up" then I probably wouldn't be to interested, whereas I wouldn't mind something along the lines of "Han Solo's space pirate adventures."

So really what I'm saying is I wouldn't mind seeing a Star Wars adventure game, so long as it didn't star Jar Jar Binks....or Hayden, or Ewok chief, or Cpt Typhoo. Actually, just scrap the whole damn thing.

Jony 03-27-2004 05:48 PM

I would never buy a starwars game (even adventure) because I hate Star Wars and I have always hated it!

VoodooFX 03-27-2004 07:45 PM

I think KOTOR is the closest we'll ever get of seeing SW adventure game.

guybrush_guy 03-27-2004 07:53 PM

i'm a fan of the movies, but everytime a game is released it getts more anoying. i think a starwars adventure game would be cool but it would have to be somthing really really thought out. i dont think pulitical views is a great idea in an adventure game, all starwars games are passed on politics.

Burge 03-27-2004 08:01 PM

What's the point of these polls if LA isn't gonna take any notice of them?

Dimensio 03-27-2004 08:19 PM

Anyone consider getting a bunch of websites to link to the LucasArts webpage with the hypertext "bad business decisions", which would result in Google listing the LA page for that search term?

doppelganger rex 03-27-2004 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimensio
Anyone consider getting a bunch of websites to link to the LucasArts webpage with the hypertext "bad business decisions", which would result in Google listing the LA page for that search term?

LOL! *D *D

Dimensio 03-27-2004 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doppelganger rex
LOL! *D *D

See "litigous bastards" re: SCO. It could work, if we could get the support.

We just need to convince others to join our cause in trashing the company now known for making bad business decisions

James 03-28-2004 05:04 AM

lads i think its clear lec didnt have any balls, they showed cowardice by cancellation.

Jony 03-28-2004 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimensio
See "litigous bastards" re: SCO. It could work, if we could get the support.

We just need to convince others to join our cause in trashing the company now known for making bad business decisions

I am up for it!!! Thats either the stupidest or the greatest idea anyone ever said!