You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Special Sales, Discounts & Obscenely Low Prices

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2010, 04:48 AM   #1
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO
Default Special Sales, Discounts & Obscenely Low Prices

It seems every week we have about 2 or 3 threads about games sales. While I love these threads they rarely get more than 5 replies (half of them are something like "cool, I'm getting this") and they keep bumping down other discussion threads to oblivion (a.k.a. page 2). So it occurred to me: centralize or not centralize? I don't know if that's been tried here but I'm creating this thread for this purpose.

@administrators&moderators If that is a very lame idea that I'm failing to recognize as such, please feel free to edit this Title to "Sam & Max season 1 for $4.95" and hit my head with a frying pan.

Quote:
GET READY FOR MORE SAM & MAX!
Full first Sam & Max season on sale for $4.95 through Jan. 31

First up, we've got an amazing offer for folks eager to dive into the world of Sam & Max. For $4.95--less than the cost of one episode, people!--you can get the full first season of Sam & Max! That's six games, from Culture Shock to Bright Side of the Moon, which makes for a great introduction into the baffling, excellent world of the Freelance Police, and all for under a buck an episode.

This offer's valid now through midnight Pacific Time on January 31st (this Sunday), so don't miss out on this frankly insane deal.

There are more Sam & Max games coming in 2010, so if you have yet to play any, there won't be a better time than now to check them out. Got the games already? Tell a friend, or better yet, give someone a gift!
and also from Telltale (I subscribe to the newsletter):
Quote:
Tell us what you think, get 15% coupon

Please come fill out our online questionnaire so that we can learn more about your interests and preferences to help with our future planning. Yep, we want to keep hearing from you on how we run the show! As thanks for picking your brain, you'll get a coupon for a 15% discount at the Telltale store, and the satisfaction that you made a difference to our company. Cheers!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
Cabbage Merchant

Titan Quest - Gold Edition for 5 bucks on Steam through thursday.

The Golden Edition includes Titan Quest and the expansion Titan Quest: Immortal Throne. I've never played it but it seems like a nice deal.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:43 AM   #3
the midnight rambler

Great idea Harold, it makes more sense this way!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
Stalker of Britain

Hmm. An "Alien VS Predator:Classic 2000" is only $5 on Steam. I'm wondering if I want to buy it. I'm not much into action, but I do love Predators.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-05-2010, 06:22 AM   #5
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Hmm. An "Alien VS Predator:Classic 2000" is only $5 on Steam. I'm wondering if I want to buy it. I'm not much into action, but I do love Predators.
Ooh, that's good to know. And it seems to have been tweaked to run on modern machines too. It's a steal at £2.99.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 02-06-2010, 05:04 AM   #6
Cabbage Merchant

Farcry series is 50% off on Steam during the weekend. 5 USD for the original, 10 USD for Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Ooh, that's good to know. And it seems to have been tweaked to run on modern machines too. It's a steal at £2.99.
It's also got multiplayer now through Steam, which is pretty awesome considering when it originally came out we were all on 56k modems! And for the record, I finished the Marine campaign on Directors Cut My nerves were in tatters!! I can still hear the motion tracker...

Quote:
It's a great game but it will kick yo' ass. I thought the Predator campaign was the hardest too!
Old 02-07-2010, 06:40 AM   #8
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggis View Post
It's also got multiplayer now through Steam, which is pretty awesome considering when it originally came out we were all on 56k modems! And for the record, I finished the Marine campaign on Directors Cut My nerves were in tatters!! I can still hear the motion tracker...
Are you ready for the new AvP? I can't wait. The only two things that'll most likely be a downer for it will be lack of an interesting/decent plot and repetitive missions. But hopefully it'll be oozing atmosphere and scares.

It looks like I'll have to prepare an extra pair of pants when I get it on the 19th.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 02-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #9
Cabbage Merchant

Strong Bad's Cool game for Attractive People 9.95 USD until February 28th
http://www.telltalegames.com/strongbad
Old 02-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #10
Stalker of Britain

The weekend deal on Steam are the "Spellforce" games, 75% off. I wonder if they're any good, plot-wise and rpg-wise. They look interesting. Any thoughts?

Gosh, I'm a softie for sales. I see a game on sale I haven't even heard of before, and I debate on buying it. *shakes head* In the end, I decided not to. I'm saving my money, although now I'm bored and wanting to play something.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 02-26-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #11
Cabbage Merchant

free Peggle Nights

All you have to do is sing up for a PopCap Passport account. The catch and the you the game is your to gift to another person but if you have more than one e-mail account or a buddy that can give you the game so you can reciprocate that's not much of a problem. Also you get get discounts and new Plants vs Zombies wallpapers.

https://store.popcap.com/passport_signup.php
Old 02-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #12
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Majesco catalogue 50% off on GOG until March 1st.
The game of interest there for most is probably Psychonauts. Individual games are 30% off, so you can get it separately for $6.99 or bundled with Bloodrayne 1&2 and Advent Rising for less than $16.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #13
Cabbage Merchant

Indie Games Midweek Madness on Steam
7 independent games for 10 dollars. You can buy each of them individually for 2 bucks.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/3059/

I'm thinking of getting Altitude but I'll look up some reviews tomorrow to see if the other 6 are worth it.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #14
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Real Myst and Uru: Complete Chronicles 50% off on GOG this weekend.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #15
Adventure Addict

Sanitarium and The Longest Journey 50% off ($4.99 each) through 3/22
Old 03-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #16
Cabbage Merchant

Ok... I changed my mind and bought The Longest Journey again. I already have that DVD version that came with Dreamfall: The Longest Journey - Game of the Year Edition but I can always gift it to someone else. Bought Sanitarium as well.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #17
Cabbage Merchant

Telltale Store - Free Shipping until march 28
"Here's the deal: spend $50 on your order and recieve[sic] FREE shipping! Excludes prints".
http://www.telltalegames.com/
I tried a few simulations and it applies to almost the entire catalog. Also, it's FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING too.

A great opportunity to get those Collector's Edition discs from those seasons you already own. I think I'll order the disc editions of the two Bone games and maybe Wallace & Gromit.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #18
Stalker of Britain

Arg! Torchlight is only $5 on Steam. It's a very tempting price, even though I don't have much interest in the game. Running around dungeons just killing things doesn't really appeal to me, but getting to fish (WTF?) and having a pet sounds kind of cool. Well, I thought I'd tell other people.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:15 PM   #19
delusions of adequacy

There's a website that does this sort of thing across GamersGate, Steam and GOG.com.

http://didimatic.com/dd/en/onsale/

It lists savings, regional pricing, restrictions, and DRM for titles on sale.

I don't know why Impulse, or Direct 2 Drive are looked over. Not that I visit those others very often as they tend to have rather stringent region locking (Us/Canada only deals).
Old 03-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #20
Junior Mint

Quote:
Arg! Torchlight is only $5 on Steam. It's a very tempting price, even though I don't have much interest in the game. Running around dungeons just killing things doesn't really appeal to me, but getting to fish (WTF?) and having a pet sounds kind of cool. Well, I thought I'd tell other people.
I like Torchlight well enough, but it's certainly not worth more than $5-10. What I've found about the game is that it is extremely generic; there is very little in the way of plot or character development, the skill trees are not that cool, and even the loot (the biggest draw of these types of games, for me) is a little too generic and overpowered to interest me much.