You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Anybody else still playing NWN?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2005, 12:01 PM   #81
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Yes, but don't expect me any time soon. I'll probably not have time before the holidays.

School comes first!

-
Ah, but that timing is perfect, for it should give me a couple of weeks for me to actually get to know the game properly .

Tiberius (Gloatingly going home on Saturday)

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-30-2005, 12:20 PM   #82
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I'll warn you all now that not only do I suck when it comes to understanding D&D, and so am always fairly pathetic at these games, but I am only physically capable of playing a magic user. So be warned.

But playing a Magic User is more difficult than playing a fighter. Fighters can defend themselves, and Magic users start to be useful in the higher levels (but then they can really kick your rear.)

And when you get home, be sure to watch the "Doctor Who" Webcast "Scream fo the Shalka". You promised!

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:21 PM   #83
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
And when you get home, be sure to watch the "Doctor Who" Webcast "Scream fo the Shalka". You promised!
[emphasis mine]

I'll tel you what, how about I watch Scream of the Shalka instead?

Old 11-30-2005, 12:25 PM   #84

Quote:
[emphasis mine]

I'll tel you what, how about I watch Scream of the Shalka instead?

You know what, that sounds great, fo'soy-zle!

-

Old 11-30-2005, 12:27 PM   #85
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
You know what, that sounds great, fo'soy-zle!

Old 11-30-2005, 01:04 PM   #86

Quote:

You know Fo-Shizzle? Take that, remove Shizzle, add Soy, and add the "-zle" to the Soy: Fo'Soy-zle!

It means something like "Easy as Soy", or "Soy be blessed for this!". Also, it can be used to mean "Soy-éd be the Cheesemakers".

-

Old 11-30-2005, 01:26 PM   #87
Chris Barraclough

Sounds like you lot are already working on a secret language for the game. I just got to the prison, starting to get trickier now. Some tosser just threw a firebolt at me.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 11-30-2005, 02:33 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
Sounds like you lot are already working on a secret language for the game. I just got to the prison, starting to get trickier now. Some tosser just threw a firebolt at me.

Oooh, yeah. The Prison is bad at first.

-

Old 11-30-2005, 06:23 PM   #89
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Yeah, but in the game I'd be called "Magyar", and is a Superhero that I made up in a dream once. She used to have the powers of dogs (there's too many cat-powers already)
Was she a connoisseur of poop?
Was she unable NOT to sniff at the crotches of strangers?
Did she generate a lot of saliva?

I have a hard time seeing these as the attributes of a person who hides behind a system of laws to protect them from the retribution of those they harm for personal gain.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:09 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
Was she a connoisseur of poop?
Was she unable NOT to sniff at the crotches of strangers?
Did she generate a lot of saliva?

I have a hard time seeing these as the attributes of a person who hides behind a system of laws to protect them from the retribution of those they harm for personal gain.

Well, that's why I changed it. Nobody ever said dreams have to make sense.

Now she has a really nasty smile.

-

Old 12-01-2005, 06:32 PM   #91
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

I finally bought the 2nd NWN expansion - Hordes of the Underdark yesterday, and I have to say it totally lives up to the hype It's definitely the best expansion pack, way more engrossing than the depressingly average "Shadows of Undrentide".

Neverwinter Nights is probably my favorite rpg of all time; even better than the brilliant Planescape:Torment and that's saying something
Unfortunately after the success of NWN I was looking forward to the Shadows of Undrentide expansion but I was to be disappointed - the game was very shallow compared to the OC, and I couldn't find any characters to empathise with

HotU seems to have recaptured the atmosphere of the original game and you get to be reacquainted with your old companions from the OC (even though they don't actually know you because you're a different character )
Old 12-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
HotU seems to have recaptured the atmosphere of the original game and you get to be reacquainted with your old companions from the OC (even though they don't actually know you because you're a different character )
I guess it's a case of Fantasy Character Selective Amnesia. Kind of like the selective Amnesia when meeting someone in Baldur's Gate II who was killed in Baldur's Gate I (and they can't remember it).

-

Old 12-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #93
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
I finally bought the 2nd NWN expansion - Hordes of the Underdark yesterday [...] way more engrossing than the depressingly average "Shadows of Undrentide".

Neverwinter Nights is probably my favorite rpg of all time; even better than the brilliant Planescape:Torment [...]

Hordes is a more traditional dungeon hack, whereas SOU seemed like a lot of sidequests tacked together. I still enjoyed SOU and wasn't dissapointed with it at all. Nothing NWN related is anywhere near the beauty of Planescape though

I didn't see the need to bring the OC henchmen back for HOTU. They're forcefully removed from your party not far in, so its not like you get reacquainted so much as invite them out for a drink only to get called away suddenly. That said, if you save them and take them through to the point you're separated from them you're treated to their 'future forecast' ala the BG2 epilogues Sharwyn's is quite funny.

Arcanum is still my favourite RPG for getting almost everything right (closely seconded by Torment for its gripping story & excellent characters, and Fallout bringing up the rear for its post nuke setting which is a personal favourite of mine).
Old 12-02-2005, 02:38 AM   #94
Chris Barraclough

I'm still stuck in the frigging prison, can't get through a locked door in the middle level. I'll be lucky if I make it to the expansions at this rate!

My favourite RPG is still Diablo 2, it was just beautifully simple and I loved defeating bosses to see what stuff I'd get from them, trying to get the best kit possible, imbueing (sp?) items etc. Planescape had me hooked too though. The combat seems a little slow in NWN, maybe it's just me, especially coming from the hack and slash goodness of Diablo.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 12-04-2005, 03:05 PM   #95
Chris Barraclough

Hooray, made it past the jail bit at last. And think it's not the combat that's slow, it's just my guy. One of the mini-boss guys I came across gave me 4 whacks for each one that I gave him, which seems a little unfair! Does it increase as you level up or do I need better equipment or something?

Spoiler:
Oh, and that brain thing that possessed the jailor guy was a right twat to beat, he kept stunning me repeatedly for about 10 mins, had time to go for a slash and grab a drink while he was doing that.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:12 PM   #96
Iconoclast

I just bought the Diamond collection today. I haven't played any of them yet.

Out of curiosity, do the expansions create one large game world or do you have to play them separately?
Old 12-04-2005, 09:58 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastich
I just bought the Diamond collection today. I haven't played any of them yet.

Out of curiosity, do the expansions create one large game world or do you have to play them separately?

Separately. But they're really nice.

-

Old 12-05-2005, 06:36 AM   #98
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
Hooray, made it past the jail bit at last. And think it's not the combat that's slow, it's just my guy. One of the mini-boss guys I came across gave me 4 whacks for each one that I gave him, which seems a little unfair! Does it increase as you level up or do I need better equipment or something?
It does. Depending on the class you picked... I think there are certain feats that increase your attacks per round, too. A haste potion or spell is also recommended. Sometimes.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:08 AM   #99
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

I have so much playing to do to be anywhere near your levels, guys/gals ...

Old 12-05-2005, 11:42 AM   #100
Chris Barraclough

Nice one, cheers Sam. And don't worry Rob, I'm still right at the start, my warrior's only level 4 I think (and you get put up to level 3 automatically by the end of the tutorial).