You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Looking for Wii games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #1

Default Looking for Wii games

Hey I am in search of some good and kick ass awesome Wii games. I just got back into playing wii games after I beaten Sonic Unleashed. Are there any good games for the wii? List them please and give me a reason why its good. I am looking for T and M rated games for the wii. Along with a few E rated games.

Last edited by OriginalGagBonkers; 08-24-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
delusions of adequacy

http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/
Old 08-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #3

You can't go past Super Mario Galaxy, de Blob and Mario Kart Wii. All three games are simple, fun and addictive to play. Good times a-plenty.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
Junior Mint

My favorite Wii game is The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It's a little complex, but not more so than recent Zelda titles, if you've played them. It has a phenomenal, epic story, and makes good use of the Wii motion controls, without going overboard with them. It's challenging, but not super hard. The graphics are some of the most beautiful available on the Wii.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:15 AM   #5
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

It would help if you were more specific about what you're looking for. "Kick-ass" doesn't mean much.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:56 AM   #6
Master of time and space

If I had a Wii I would get
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Okami
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess
  • Madworld
  • No more heroes

As to why? Google them.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #7

In my opinion Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess are simply fantastic games, and probably the two best that this generation has to offer, so if you have not played them, your choice should be easy. However, other great games include:

Metroid Prime Trilogy, Okami, Residen Evil 4, Resident Evil 1, Zack & Wiki, Wario: The shake dimension, Madworld, No More Heroes, Mega Man 9, Contra Rebirth, Metal Slug Anthology, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart Wii

There is also quite a few pretty good games if you have already played the ones above, or they dont interest you, for example:

Super Paper Mario, Sonic Unleashed, Pikmin 1-2 (New play controll), House of the dead 2-3 and overkill, the Conduit, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Red Steel, Donkey Konh Jungle Beat (NPC), Star Wars The Force Unleashed, Broken Sword Special Edition, Bully, Excitebike, Excitebots, Punch Out!, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, Little King's Story, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Cursed Mountain, Disaster Day of Crisis, Battalion Wars 2, Animal Crossing: City Folk, Klonoa, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Wii Sports Resort, Boom Blox: Bash Party and Tales of Symphonia2.

Of course, some of these games are better then other, and i have not played all of them myself, but it should be a good place to start. However, the Zelda and Mario games are, as always on a nintendo-system, the absolute masterpieces of the wii.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #8
Staff Member

My favourite game on the Wii (and it ranks up there on my 'all time' list) is without a doubt Mario Galaxy. That game is simply amazing, it truly is an experience that you never want to end -- which makes sense for there to be a sequel coming out next year. The level design is so varied, it handles great and the graphics are brilliant for the system. Honestly, if you own a Wii and you don't have Mario Galaxy then you're missing out big time.

Other stuff you should check out, although obviously it all depends on what you're interested in, is:
  • Mario Kart
  • Brawl
  • Paper Mario (what can I say? That guy is in good games)
  • Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Zack & Wiki
  • de Blob
That's just a selection though, there are many good titles out there that I don't own because they don't appeal to me, but they may very well tickle your taste buds. The Virtual Console and Wii Shop also offers some quality stuff (such as World of Goo and Strong Bad) on the download front.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #9
Headbanger

Have anyone played Cursed Mountain? It looks interesting and is suppose to be good according to gamespot.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #10
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke View Post
Have anyone played Cursed Mountain? It looks interesting and is suppose to be good according to gamespot.
No but that's on my "must play" list. So is Klonoa (a 2d platformer, unrelated).
Old 09-09-2009, 01:40 AM   #11
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I played the original Playstation version of Klonoa years ago. It was pretty fun, but not nearly as good as the first Klonoa game for Game Boy Advance.