Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Looking for Wii games (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/25353-looking-wii-games.html)

OriginalGagBonkers 08-22-2009 06:43 PM

Looking for Wii games

Hey I am in search of some good and kick ass awesome Wii games. I just got back into playing wii games after I beaten Sonic Unleashed. Are there any good games for the wii? List them please and give me a reason why its good. I am looking for T and M rated games for the wii. Along with a few E rated games.

Crunchy in milk 08-22-2009 07:34 PM

http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/

D.C. 08-22-2009 08:09 PM

You can't go past Super Mario Galaxy, de Blob and Mario Kart Wii. All three games are simple, fun and addictive to play. Good times a-plenty.

booB 08-22-2009 08:19 PM

My favorite Wii game is The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It's a little complex, but not more so than recent Zelda titles, if you've played them. It has a phenomenal, epic story, and makes good use of the Wii motion controls, without going overboard with them. It's challenging, but not super hard. The graphics are some of the most beautiful available on the Wii.

MoriartyL 08-24-2009 05:15 AM

It would help if you were more specific about what you're looking for. "Kick-ass" doesn't mean much.

MdaG 08-25-2009 06:56 AM

If I had a Wii I would get
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Okami
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess
  • Madworld
  • No more heroes

As to why? Google them. ;)

taterfyrings 09-07-2009 10:09 AM

In my opinion Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess are simply fantastic games, and probably the two best that this generation has to offer, so if you have not played them, your choice should be easy. However, other great games include:

Metroid Prime Trilogy, Okami, Residen Evil 4, Resident Evil 1, Zack & Wiki, Wario: The shake dimension, Madworld, No More Heroes, Mega Man 9, Contra Rebirth, Metal Slug Anthology, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart Wii

There is also quite a few pretty good games if you have already played the ones above, or they dont interest you, for example:

Super Paper Mario, Sonic Unleashed, Pikmin 1-2 (New play controll), House of the dead 2-3 and overkill, the Conduit, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Red Steel, Donkey Konh Jungle Beat (NPC), Star Wars The Force Unleashed, Broken Sword Special Edition, Bully, Excitebike, Excitebots, Punch Out!, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, Little King's Story, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Cursed Mountain, Disaster Day of Crisis, Battalion Wars 2, Animal Crossing: City Folk, Klonoa, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Wii Sports Resort, Boom Blox: Bash Party and Tales of Symphonia2.

Of course, some of these games are better then other, and i have not played all of them myself, but it should be a good place to start. However, the Zelda and Mario games are, as always on a nintendo-system, the absolute masterpieces of the wii.

Pinchpenny 09-07-2009 11:32 AM

My favourite game on the Wii (and it ranks up there on my 'all time' list) is without a doubt Mario Galaxy. That game is simply amazing, it truly is an experience that you never want to end -- which makes sense for there to be a sequel coming out next year. The level design is so varied, it handles great and the graphics are brilliant for the system. Honestly, if you own a Wii and you don't have Mario Galaxy then you're missing out big time.

Other stuff you should check out, although obviously it all depends on what you're interested in, is:
  • Mario Kart
  • Brawl
  • Paper Mario (what can I say? That guy is in good games)
  • Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Zack & Wiki
  • de Blob
That's just a selection though, there are many good titles out there that I don't own because they don't appeal to me, but they may very well tickle your taste buds. The Virtual Console and Wii Shop also offers some quality stuff (such as World of Goo and Strong Bad) on the download front.

Henke 09-08-2009 02:55 PM

Have anyone played Cursed Mountain? It looks interesting and is suppose to be good according to gamespot.

booB 09-08-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henke (Post 523032)
Have anyone played Cursed Mountain? It looks interesting and is suppose to be good according to gamespot.

No but that's on my "must play" list. So is Klonoa (a 2d platformer, unrelated).

MoriartyL 09-09-2009 01:40 AM

I played the original Playstation version of Klonoa years ago. It was pretty fun, but not nearly as good as the first Klonoa game for Game Boy Advance.