You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General To those looking for a new Morrowind....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #1

Default To those looking for a new Morrowind....

Look no further than Divinity 2! I'm playing through the translated German version right now, and I don't even need to hear the voices, this game is amazing

It totally brings me back to my first playthrough of Morrowind. The world is gigantic, there is a TON of goodies, the writing is hilarious and unique, and it has that thing that open world RPG lack these days...FUN. I'm about 12 hours into the game and from what I can tell I'm about 15% of the way through the game and have got 120 different items and weapons, half of which I know what they are for, and that is after not picking up about 100 other items I've come across.

The game is the perfect difficulty, and really makes you appreciate what little strength you gain as you level up. You can actually jump off massive cliffs and bash around objects and break open chests as you along. There are a million different weapons, with slots for charms and enchantments you can put on the weapons. There are a sea of sidequests to do, and like 90% of them are a blast.

The graphics are about on level with Gothic 3, kind of that same style as well. This is literally the first game of this type that I can barely bring myself to put down since Morrowind.

Like most games of this type don't be turned off by the difficulty for the first dozen or so hours, it just makes victory that much sweeter. The game comes out in English in September I believe.....BUY IT!!!! I'm definitely going to be following Larian studios (the creators) after this game....

A resounding 10 out of 10 so far

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 08-08-2009 at 06:45 AM. Reason: image reduced
Old 08-08-2009, 01:18 AM   #2

Seems like an interesting game. I never got a chance to play Divinity 1 but it always seemed like Larian had a good thing going with their game even back when it was still called The Lady, the Mage and the Knight (which is a better title than Divine Divinity, but whatever).
Old 08-13-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
delusions of adequacy

I fondly remember Divine Divinity but never played Beyond Divinity after reading some modest to bad reviews.

When I saw that there was a new addition to the family I couldn't help but wonder if character selection starts as it does in Divine Divinity. I love how the archetypes step forward and give a little speech about themselves in the first game. They where at once corny, and endearing and I just had to keep clicking from one to the other to hear them over and over. Just thinking about them makes me giggle.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:52 AM   #4
Junior Mint

Huh... is this one not a Diablo-type game like the previous one?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by booB View Post
Huh... is this one not a Diablo-type game like the previous one?
No, very much not.

BTW, I just finished the game, and while it didn't quite live up to my expectations, it was still the best PC RPG I've played in many a year. Really depressing ending though

EDIT: For anyone who cares about the length of the game, I did all but 2 sidequests (and there are 3 pretty big flying fortress quests besides that), and I beat it in 26 hours.