You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Beyond Good & Evil 2 might not happen!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2009, 02:11 AM   #21
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
That's something that's becoming more important now with downloads. When they don't have to fight for shelf space, games don't have to stop selling after a few weeks.
Too many digital download companies are embracing the mistakes of the past though. Region locking (sale by region) and region pricing are becoming more prevalent (to the point of utter stupidity). Inventing their own exchange rates based on what they feel the markets will accept (or too stupid to realise) and not passing on any of the savings made on production, distribution and marketing (mostly the blame for this lies with greedy publishers). Not to mention the significant dent digital downloads make on their arch nemesis the second hand games market.

They're harming their own potential success in the grab for cash and their reluctance to lower a price point they've spent years fooling consumers into swallowing.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #22
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadsoul View Post
Its now confirmed at GC that game is indeed on hold.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #23
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
Chin up! Pey'j would disapprove of that moping. "On hold" does not necessarily mean "cancelled".
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #24
Game Creator Hobbyist

You're right, of course.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #25
The Quiet One

*bump*

Looks like Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still in development.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 01-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #26
Super Moderator

Pity you can never be sure what a rep says is actually accurate. As much as I want to believe that it is still underway, I find it very difficult.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #27
Banned User

Except I know a couple of friends working on a project called "Jade", so I trust that it is still in development.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #28
Junior Mint

The whole "Beyond Good and Evil Might Not Happen! OMG!!!!11" rumor was debunked months ago. Apparently it never made it to this board.