Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Final Fantasy XIII (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/25227-final-fantasy-xiii.html)

Little Writer 07-30-2009 02:43 AM

Final Fantasy XIII

So this game is finally about to come out. Decisions, decisions though: to me it's still next-gen (for many it's current-gen, but I haven't yet had the pleasure of plundering my bank account) but it's a very good reason to finally make the investment of a new console.

PS3 is €350.
360 comes in different varieties, it seems (pro, elite, arcade) all still cheaper than the PS3 (under €300).

Other games I'm interested in are available for both platforms. Don't think there's anything exclusive for one system.

So I guess, not considering money, the performance is the judging factor. The difference in graphics quality. The controller ergonomics. How do the two compare?

XXJ 07-30-2009 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Writer (Post 518466)
not considering money, the performance is the judging factor. The difference in graphics quality.

I think that neither PS3 nor Xbox360 will show you the best graphics.
I think that only great PC will show you Great graphics.:)

Little Writer 07-30-2009 03:58 AM

I know, but you can buy a PS3 and run all PS3 games, buy a 360 and play all 360 games, but you can't buy a PC and run all PC games. There are so many brands, so many systems, so many individual parts you have to keep track of and see whether they're strong enough to actually handle those great graphics. Plus they cost at least twice as much as the consoles (and probably three or even four times if you want that ultimate PC that can last for as long as the consoles do - if that's even possible). I want to spend my time playing games, not contemplating and upgrading system specifications.

nomadsoul 07-30-2009 05:55 AM

Excellent and realistic comment^^, furthermore PC library is limited, you will get kz2, infamous, heavyrain, uncharted2, gow3, ratchet, LBP, GT5 and lastguardian plus others on ONE console thats not PC. And i am not naming any PSN game.

Besides that there is 1 year left for FF13 english release, thats a lot of time man.

youfightlikeadairyfarmer 07-30-2009 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXJ (Post 518480)
I think that neither PS3 nor Xbox360 will show you the best graphics.
I think that only great PC will show you Great graphics.:)

:crazy: He wants to play Final Fantasy 13.
Graphics are actually about equal on both systems. Technically PS3 has better hardware but you can't notice a difference. Different games might look better for one system while another game would look slightly better on the other.

I have a PS3 and I love it. InFamous officially makes it the better choice for exclusive titles. There's possibly going to be a price cut when Madden 2010 releases which is still long before FF13 drops. But that's more just rumors because Sony wouldn't announce a price cut in advance. If you like FF-ish RPGs, there's also Eternal Sonata, which has some annoying characters, but is actually really awesome and has some original stuff with the Chopin and stuff. The controller shape is the same one they've been using since PS1, so I'm sure you know how that is. 360 isn't as comfortable to me at all, but I'm used to PS3.

TiAgUh 07-30-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youfightlikeadairyfarmer (Post 518497)
If you like FF-ish RPGs, there's also Eternal Sonata, which has some annoying characters, but is actually really awesome and has some original stuff with the Chopin and stuff.(...)

But if he's into RPGs he should get the 360, no?
Little Farmer watch this video, it might help you decide - IGN Grudge Match: 360 vs. PS3 Role Playing Games

And the thread name should be changed, we're not talking about emos and their chocobos but something completely different. :P

Little Writer 07-30-2009 08:25 AM

Actually I'm not into RPG's. I hate customizing characters, acquiring new levels and upgrades and all that stuff. That's usually way too complicated and cumbersome. I do like the Final Fantasy games, but I enjoy them for their adventure game qualities: the storylines and finding the necessary information to go from one place to the next, uncover the plot by "puzzling" it out, if you will.

Other next gen games I'd like to play and which I doubt my current PC can run (it probably can but I lack the confidence to pay full price for them in the slim chance it won't) are "Mirror's Edge" and "Silent Hill Homecoming". The former just because it looks awesome, the second because I have a longtime affinity with the Silent Hill series as well, and just as with the Final Fantasy series because of their adventure game qualities (in both series, I hate the fighting, but I understand they're necessary to elevate tension and raise the difficulty).

Thanks for the info so far. If anyone wants to add anything, please do.

MdaG 07-30-2009 09:08 AM

Check which exclusive games are available on which system and choose system based on that. I've chosen the 360 since it's cheaper, has more comfortable controls (thumbs aren't competing for the same space and the triggers are way more comfortable) and a great game library.

C_Knight 07-30-2009 11:26 AM

Finally coming out? Not for another year dude. I'd say go with a 360, given the amount of RPGs already released for the console. But on the other hand, FFXIII Versus is supposedly only coming out for PS3 (for now at least.)

Little Writer 07-30-2009 12:48 PM

Well, my store has a release date for December 31st of this year. If they are wrong, then thanks for setting the record straight.

http://www.freerecordshop.be/playsta...l-fantasy-xiii