Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   The real sequel to Fate of Atlantis is finally here! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/25102-real-sequel-fate-atlantis-finally-here.html)

Henke 07-12-2009 04:05 AM

The real sequel to Fate of Atlantis is finally here!

15 years of waiting is over. The Staff of Kings is easily the best Indy game after FoA to date. Although FoA is still the best, the Indy games which have come after have only been between mediocre and all right IMO. Until now that is.

I played it on ps2, the gameplay is like a mix between Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, Uncharted and the latest Broken Sword games. All with some arcade sequences in between. This fits Indy perfectly. Even the famous humour from Lucasarts is still there. The only thing SoK is missing is a more solid story and deeper characters, although those aspects becomes a little stronger towards the end of the game.

I'm really pleasantly suprised. Next up on my playlist is Monkey Island 5! ;)

Lucien21 07-12-2009 04:47 AM

That is surprising as all of the reviews i've read say that the game isn't very good.

Henke 07-12-2009 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21 (Post 516440)
That is surprising as all of the reviews i've read say that the game isn't very good.

I've read some too and they have all been on the Wii-version of the game where they (according to most reviewers) fucked up the controls.

Bruno_Malta 07-13-2009 07:50 AM

This one should come out on PC....Here is my hoping!

Texas 07-18-2009 04:27 AM

I'm about 30% of the way threw this game and I'm really enjoying it. Alot of the complaints I have been hearing about the Wii version of the game are about the control scheme and I couldnt disagree more. The main complaint is that the game relies too heavly on the Wiis motion controls. For me that is one of the best features of the game and the Wii generaly. I like being able to throw a punch and have Indy throw one on screen I like being able to snap the whip and have Indy do the same. I find the controls very natural that way.

youfightlikeadairyfarmer 07-19-2009 11:26 AM

Wow, I'd be sold on this game if it was ported to PS3 (or much better yet I could play PS2 games on my PS3). It even comes with FoA. That's a real shame about Wii controls, I was so excited about them when Wii first came out but I hate how most games ended up using them and how few gamer games came to the system. I barely even used normal sword attacks on Twilight Princess, though being able to pinpoint aim guns and bows is amazing, which was great for Metroid Prime 3 and the two gamecube wiimakes (RE4/and Zelda) that were actually good games.

Desktop Adventures was an amazing game though.

Little Writer 07-30-2009 12:46 AM

Reading the thread title I thought you were going to say the Amberfish Arts project was finally completed and released ;(

Played SoK on PS2. It has its good and bad points.

Gledster 07-31-2009 02:34 AM

I'm curious why, in 2009, Lucasarts released a PS2 game not a PS3 one. And no Xbox 360 release? Does that seem strange to anyone else?

Dale Baldwin 07-31-2009 03:22 AM

Those formats were originally planned, but canned.

Henke 08-01-2009 08:23 AM

Also, it was the Wii-version that was suppose to lead this title. Most games that is released on Wii also comes to PS2 (it's basicly the same graphics).