You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Left 4 Dead 2 !!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2009, 01:30 AM   #21
The Quiet One

Ah. These are the times where i love gory violence.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-29-2009, 01:47 AM   #22
the midnight rambler

It was improving the original L4D that has spawned the sequel. Valve had so many ideas and alterations that a new game was the only way to implement them.

The thing that has me the most excited is the new AI director which will stop experienced players rushing through levels. This is one of the most annoying aspects of the game at the moment because it contradicts the situation that the survivors are in. The new director will alter the positioning of certain environmental obstacles which will be a real shock to the 'rushing' players. In one game you may quickly find a route through a car junkyard but the next time round that route may be totally blocked and require you find another. This a far more interesting prospect that not only increases the replayability of the game but it levels the playing field.

The new zombies and weather system will be welcome additions too.

I can't wait!! But I need a better connection first... :-(
Old 07-29-2009, 01:53 AM   #23
merely human

Just when you thought it couldn't get richer...

Where Is Your Own Personal Jesus Now? | GayGamer.net

Quote:
Before anyone freaks out, the title of this article isn't anti-religion. It's pro funny. Seriously, zombie apocalypse and Depeche Mode intersect somewhere and that was where it landed for me. I'm not ashamed. So, now that we've covered that I'm not a (complete) heathen, lets figure out what the crap is up with the above picture. Band tee? Seriously? At least Valve appears to have good taste.

Turns out that it is not some random throw back, nor was it a funny joke by a Valve employee. Valve reached out to a lot of bands to see if they wanted inclusion in the upcoming title. A few groups responded and Depeche Mode was one of them. A licencing agreement was then reached.

The agreement allows them to use audio clips, and an obvious likeness in the game. Defiantly an excellent idea for the band considering they are having a bit of a rebirth in since their heyday in the 80s. Me? I want downloadable skins in game. How seriously awesome would it be to see Dave Gahan wailing on a mass of zombies?
As a child of the 80s who had danced to DM's original beats at the clubs I have absolutely no complaints.

Zombies are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully...
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-15-2009, 06:00 AM   #24
Master of time and space

Just preordered it. SEK 1 + Lost Planet + Rainbow Six - Vegas 2. Good deal.