You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Dragon Age:Origins

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2010, 01:28 AM   #281

That's hilarious, thanks for the link!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #282

Dragon Age 2, according to GameSpot -- here's the original story from 1up.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #283
merely human

Dragon Age: Origins Awakening.

10 1/2 hours in.

Whoah...

Staff
Requires: 46 magic
Restriction: Mage
Volcanic Aurum (Tier 9)

Damage 5.40
Armour penetration 50
Range 63
Spellpower 10
+4 to all attributes
Rapid aim
+2 mana regeneration in combat
+20 spellpower

Damned thing cost Seraphe (my Mage) 171 gold! But it should be worth it.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #284

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

Just sold my dragon age for the ps3 to get final fantasy 13. Never beat it.. may try it again on the PC someday.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #285

Wow really? DA:O and FFXIII are very different games but both are long...
Old 03-18-2010, 09:41 PM   #286

and one sucks.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:21 PM   #287

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

Yeah, wasn't a fan of Dragon Age, or in fact any game that Bioware has made besides Mass Effect.

FF 13 on the other hand I am enjoying.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:17 AM   #288

IIRC burns didn't like FFXIII.

I really love them both to pieces. FFXIII gains depth and I can't wait to see how the story continues to evolve. I'm in love with the style and graphics too.

DA:O I didn't expect to enjoy so much, but it's so different to FFXIII it is really a different genre. I did love it also in the end.

I don't like car racing or aerial simulation games, so even if you showed me a perfect or superb one of those I wouldn't enjoy it. But for people who like the genre, both of these games are excellent and eminently enjoyable examples.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:24 AM   #289

I've completed my first playthrough of the expansion pack and had good times a-plenty. I think I spent more time second guessing decisions I made here than I did in the original game. It took just over twenty hours.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #290
merely human

Dragon Age: Orgins - Awakening

Am in Amaranthine, and...

LOL!

Lamppost in Winter
Mage staff, two-handed
Requires: 46 Mage
Restriction: Mage

Damage: 5.40
Armor penetration: 50
Range: 63
Spellpower: 10
Rapid aim
+5% fire resistance
+12 spellpower
+20% cold damage

This staff is painfully cold. Licking it would be unwise.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-22-2010, 03:20 AM   #291

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Lamppost in Winter is genius! But nothing beats the aesthetics of that new staff, Spellfury (alas, the screen is pretty bad, but believe me, the staff is amazing!

Yesterday I finished Awakening for the first time, but, overnight, I thought of a better way to deal with... er... certain decisions made in the final part of the game, and today I'll replay from the end of Kal'Hirol (my last world-plot, so to speak) to the final location
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-22-2010, 08:35 AM   #292

My Awakening copy arrived today! Now i have a dilema, start right away with my original Human Noble, or wait till i finish my second playthrough with a female mage (i'm at the deep roads... so boring, then i'll have the landsmeet)... I vastly prefer my female mage, but i need to play Awakening right NOW!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
My Awakening copy arrived today! Now i have a dilema, start right away with my original Human Noble, or wait till i finish my second playthrough with a female mage (i'm at the deep roads... so boring, then i'll have the landsmeet)... I vastly prefer my female mage, but i need to play Awakening right NOW!
Here's a hint:

You can choose to start Awakening as another type of character as the one you finished playing Origins. Annd just to be sure: please remember that the only dlc items that carry over will be the ones from Return to Ostagar...
Old 03-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #294

There were also a whole lot of human noble connections in Awakening too.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #295
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Lamppost in Winter is genius! But nothing beats the aesthetics of that new staff, Spellfury (alas, the screen is pretty bad, but believe me, the staff is amazing!
As soon as I stumbled on Spellfury I snapped it up and handed down my existing staff to Anders.

Quote:
Yesterday I finished Awakening for the first time, but, overnight, I thought of a better way to deal with... er... certain decisions made in the final part of the game, and today I'll replay from the end of Kal'Hirol (my last world-plot, so to speak) to the final location
I ended up going into the final battle without getting to Sigran to do the joining (stupid game didn't give me that option at Vigil's Keep just before it). Not that it mattered in the end, considering the decision I made to...

Spoiler:
...spare the Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries323 View Post
Here's a hint:

You can choose to start Awakening as another type of character as the one you finished playing Origins. Annd just to be sure: please remember that the only dlc items that carry over will be the ones from Return to Ostagar...
It almost doesn't matter because there are serious kick-ass weapons in Awakening to buy, find, or craft.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:23 PM   #296
merely human

Forgot to mention that I finished Awakening last week. Ending was abrupt, not much to it. Broodmother boss was a bitch and I wasn't able to scare up enough help (such the final battle where you get Circle of Magi mages, Dalish elves, dwarves, and Redcliffe warriors). Had to crank difficulty down to normal. Dang.

I love it when Sigrun's in your party and when you try to open a locked chest without success she says "FAIL". A prompt for you to get her to do it.