You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - survival horror re-conceptualized

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #21

Wow! I've only played the first Silent Hill and that was freakin' years ago. After watching the first part of the walkthrough I am most definitely intrigued. Plenty of atmosphere there, spooky and surreal. The game seems to put the Wii's controls to use nicely too.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:04 AM   #22
The Quiet One

This certainly seems interesting and it looks to be a hell of a lot better than Silent Hill: Homecoming. Pity it's not coming to the 360. But at least i have a PSP so i'll probably get it for that. Not sure how interacting with objects will work though without a Wiimote.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-03-2009, 07:08 AM   #23
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
Wow! I've only played the first Silent Hill and that was freakin' years ago. After watching the first part of the walkthrough I am most definitely intrigued. Plenty of atmosphere there, spooky and surreal. The game seems to put the Wii's controls to use nicely too.
Check out all parts of the walkthough in order. Trust me.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #24

I was convinced on the first part alone, but if you insist...

Hmmm, take my spooky and surreal comment and times it by ten. Add trippy into the mix too. Crazy! I don't think the Wii has a game like this, the closest thing gameplay wise seems to be Bully, but even Jimmy didn't have to put up with these sorts of shenanigans...
Old 06-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #25

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...ent-hill/50852

Damn , gonna rent Wii for this and grudge game for sure.
Sexy version of dahlia FTW.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #26
merely human

"I heard you love roleplaying during sex. Come 'ere!"

Overheard@E3: Silent Hill will hate me | Joystiq

Quote:
At the start of Konami's Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, a psychiatrist performs an evaluation on players, prodding them with some fairly personal questions. Answering the "Do you roleplay during sex?" question is probably one of the tougher ones to answer truthfully in full view of other E3 attendees. (Hell yes, if you were wondering. Also, stop that.)

This was the discovery made by one young lady, who appeared to be answering some questions (another example: Do you think of other people during sex?) unfavorably and nervously. With the cursor hovering over another negative answer, she quickly looked around her and exclaimed, "This game is going to HATE ME!"
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #27
Restless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post

"I heard you love roleplaying during sex. Come 'ere!"

Overheard@E3: Silent Hill will hate me | Joystiq
LOL!

This just moved up a notch in my book...
All Time Faves: Silent Hill 2, Scratches: Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus