You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2009, 12:17 AM   #21
Life and times of...

Frogger? Where'd you play Frogger?

What's going on in that planetary thing though? Where they choose different areas of the planet. I didn't have the sound so I didn't hear the commentary. When you visit a planet, is this the way it works now, you choose where in the planet you will go, or..?
Old 07-13-2009, 03:17 AM   #22
delusions of adequacy

Every single time you hack a door, container, crashed probe, or survey a mineral - frogger. So damn tedious after a few hours, with the amount of shit you gather throughout the game its just more convenient to omni-gel open every single thing eventually, forgoing the experience gain just to avoid playing frogger again.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:20 AM   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
Does the Mako make a return?
I'm sure I read that the Mako itself won't be, but there'll be a different way to travel instead.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:40 AM   #24
Life and times of...

I read something about a vehicle that has better manoeuvrability than the Mako
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
Every single time you hack a door, container, crashed probe, or survey a mineral - frogger. So damn tedious after a few hours, with the amount of shit you gather throughout the game its just more convenient to omni-gel open every single thing eventually, forgoing the experience gain just to avoid playing frogger again.
On the PC, right? On the XBox there's just the usual "press A, Press B, Press A..."
Old 07-14-2009, 04:00 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
On the PC, right? On the XBox there's just the usual "press A, Press B, Press A..."
Yeah, the hacking mini-game was only on the PC version.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #26
Professional Life Lover

Send a message via AIM to C_Knight Send a message via MSN to C_Knight

My mouth is watering waiting for this!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #27
merely human

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/30/we...over-revealed/

The package art debuted (mostly for pre-orders). Meh, predictable and pedestrian, but it's the content that matters, yes?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #28
merely human

Mass Effect 2 Gameplay Footage | Bioware
(make sure to click 'HD' for the best viewing)

This five and a half minute video shows the actual footage originally referred to at E3 but without the distraction of the interview - starting with the scene of Shepard conversing with the Asari as they drive through the city, just before the assassin Thane is introduced to us, then demonstrating the interrupt feature in the dialogue options, and ending in an intense combat sequence involving the equivalent of rocket launcher as well as squad direction.

It shows off how beautiful the art direction is down to the atmospheric shifting lights and shadows on the characters, all in real-time in-game (what typical adventure games can do today - but don't choose to).
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #29

I have to say that footage was awesome! The combat looks way more smooth and action-packed, than the first game and the A.I. looks vicious, too! Thane is an intriguing new character, and I wonder if he really will be an asset to your crew, or if he will attempt to backstab you. We'll just have to see what happens.

I am so damn excited for this game! The first Mass Effect is the best game I have ever played for the X-Box 360, and I hope this one will be just as good.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #30
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq
Default yum

Mass Effect - one of my most treasured gaming experiences in the past ten years. It was such a great game. I urge anyone who hasn't played it to check it out. Masterpiece.

I can't wait for the second. I am going to plop myself down in front of my big screen telly and immerse myself in that amazing universe again.

ugh! I wish I could live in that universe! (well, without all the crazy war and stuff.)
Old 09-20-2009, 07:10 AM   #31

Mass Effect was very good, ME2 looks just as good, hopefully, even better!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:09 PM   #32
merely human

"Now who's the badass biotic, b*tch?!"

Introducing Subject Zero. Think Natalie Portman's Evey in V for Vendetta combined with Geena Davis's Charlie Baltimore in The Long Kiss Goodnight. Hmm. Charming.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #33
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

oh goodness. I know who's joining my team!
Old 09-28-2009, 03:53 AM   #34

Oh god, awful... i really dont like her, at least from that trailer. However she could surprise me in the actual game, lets see.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:46 AM   #35
BSC, SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
"Now who's the badass biotic, b*tch?!"

Introducing Subject Zero.
Hah.

Just look at her, she even has a Mortal Kombat name! That's cool sometimes, but her kind of barely clothed "badass" bitch just seems silly in a generally realistic, hard scifi military campaign.

I do like the haircut though!

Last edited by haptsonir; 10-04-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #36

Default The new characters shown

Here's my impressions on the new characters that have been shown recently.

I have to say that I think Subject Zero is both very badass and scary at the same time. She creeps me out a little, mainly because she has a bald head, and she has tattoes all over her body.

Grunt looks interesting, and I like how unpredictable he is, but I keep wondering how different he is from Wrex, considering they are both Krogan. Right now, my favorite new character is Thane. He is such an intriguing Aquatic-like creature.

I'm looking forward to seeing new characters in Mass Effect 2. Hopefully it will be soon.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #37
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
I have to say that I think Subject Zero is both very badass and scary at the same time. She creeps me out a little, mainly because she has a bald head, and she has tattoes all over her body.

Grunt looks interesting, and I like how unpredictable he is, but I keep wondering how different he is from Wrex, considering they are both Krogan. Right now, my favorite new character is Thane. He is such an intriguing Aquatic-like creature.
Never a judge a book by its cover.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:59 PM   #38
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Laine View Post
Hah.

... her kind of barely clothed "badass" bitch just seems silly in a generally realistic, hard scifi military campaign.

I do like the haircut though!
How weird will it be to be trawling through a high tech facility only to discover a +5 bikini tucked away in some soldiers kit. Will it need washing?

In the first game, biotics where pretty much limited to light armor, could their abilities function even better when wearing practically nothing?

The characters she most reminds me of are Molly from William Gibson's Neuromancer and Ace from the Doctor Who series. I'm sure we're supposed to wonder if the violent persona is all there is, what triggered it and if there's something else beneath.

That said, I hope she's non-romanceable in the same way Mira isn't in Kotor 2. Initial animal attraction but the intelligence to see its not the time nor likely to ever be given their mission. I found the 'romances' to be a little creepy in Mass Effect so I hope they've made some progress in that area.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #39
merely human

Samara, elite Asari Biotic.

BioWare reveals Samara, Mass Effect 2's biotic bombshell | Joystiq

Dang. It's gonna be tough being exclusive with the same two party members throughout the entire campaign, considering how badass each character promises to be. You'll have to mix it up here, especially if each character comes with their own unique talents -- and sexiness.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:31 PM   #40
Adventure Game Researcher

Looking great...as expected!

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs