You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2009, 09:11 AM   #1

Default Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Hello everyone,

I have been pretty excited about the upcoming Indian Jones game Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings. I know it has been in development for a long time now but it looks like it they finally have a release date in the spring. Whats even more exciting is that it is coming out for the Wii. I think their is a lot of cool things you could do with Indy on the Wii. Now I know what your thinking why am I posting this on an adventure game webisght since this will be an action game. Well the wikipedia article sight a websight called newvine to claim that the Staff of Kings for the Wii will include an unlockable version of Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis. Now as an old school adventure gamer who isnt so good at making old games run on his machine Im tottally thrilled at the prospect of Fate of Atlantis on my Wii. Has anyone else heard about this? Has this been verified? Is anyone else as excited as Iam about the possiblity?
Old 03-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #2

Yes it's true and I'm looking forward to the game as well although I'd still prefer it to be an old school adventure game... but the other 2 Indy action games were pretty fun too. I've recently played through Atlantis again using ScummVM. It's really simple to get old adventures running using that program.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

I've played all the 3D Indiana Jones games, and I've been following Staff of Kings since it was announced. Now, apparently, the Xbox 360 version is MIA. Not something I'm really happy about, especially considering it was originally only announced for the 360 and PS3.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #4

The internal Xbox 360 and PS3 versions have been canceled. What's being released are the third party ports (by A2M and Amaze) for the lower end platforms, with the Wii version now being marketed as the showcase. Basically, LEC has been sitting on these completed ports while their own next-gen version has been languishing in a troubled development, so now that they're tired of spending money trying to get their own version on track they're simply putting out what they have.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
The Greater

I'd heard that the next-gen versions had been postponed, but not that they had been canceled outright. Have you got any links for that?
Old 03-26-2009, 12:32 PM   #6

They are not postponed; they've been axed. Here's one quote where they address the cancellation:

We want to bring consumers an Indy experience in 2009 following the successful launch of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in 2008,” comments a LucasArts spokesperson. “The next-gen skus would not be ready for the 2009 window so we made a strategic business decision to end development on PS3 and Xbox 360.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #7
The Greater

Damn. That's too bad, I was looking forward to that game.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #8

I am looking at the screen shots for Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings from the 2nd april, hope it isnt cancelled looks pretty cool.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #9
It's Hard To Be Humble

I'd like to see this game. too bad I'm not likely to pick it up for Wii unless and until we buy one of our own. I can't justify buying games like that for my brother's system, because he'd never be able to handle playing it with his jittery reflexes.