You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2011, 05:48 AM   #101
Senior Automaton

I like that interpretation Guyra.

What did you think about:
Spoiler:
The girl in white being covered in blood at the end?

I think that maybe:
Spoiler:
The grandmother was sick or dying. Parts of the game showed her having black eyes, like being asleep or maybe dead. Maybe the game was her dreams of herself or fragments of her personality going through life, a reminiscence perhaps. She recalls the times she strayed from the path. At the end the girl in white leads her back and going through the memories, passing through the 'death' sequences, showing her the way through all those parts of her life she has been hung up on all those years, the 'dead' parts of her she can't get over. Maybe the girl in white is an angel come to take grandma off to eternity, or maybe she wakes her up and cures her by 'killing' those nasty memories for good, and defeating her demons.

There are so many interpretations I don't think there are wrong ones. All of them are good and very interesting to hear everyone else's opinions
Old 04-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #102
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
I like that interpretation Guyra.

What did you think about:
Spoiler:
The girl in white being covered in blood at the end?

I think that maybe:
Spoiler:
The grandmother was sick or dying. Parts of the game showed her having black eyes, like being asleep or maybe dead. Maybe the game was her dreams of herself or fragments of her personality going through life, a reminiscence perhaps. She recalls the times she strayed from the path. At the end the girl in white leads her back and going through the memories, passing through the 'death' sequences, showing her the way through all those parts of her life she has been hung up on all those years, the 'dead' parts of her she can't get over. Maybe the girl in white is an angel come to take grandma off to eternity, or maybe she wakes her up and cures her by 'killing' those nasty memories for good, and defeating her demons.

There are so many interpretations I don't think there are wrong ones. All of them are good and very interesting to hear everyone else's opinions
Spoiler:
When the girl is covered in blood at the end, I think that signifies the "death of innocence". White is commonly known to symbolize innocence. Red and blood both have several meanings, but in this case, seeing as how the blood is staining the white dress, I'd say it symbolizes something negative towards the white part - so, the death or loss of innocence. Or the end of childhood, if you prefer.

Your theory is interesting. It reminds me of the 1985 movie, Jacob's Ladder. (Very good movie. Especially if you enjoy a bit of horror, mindf*ck and philosophy.)

Spoiler:
And I am definitely on par with you regarding that it might be the grandmother reflecting back on her life while on her death bed. Personally I see the girl in white more as her "soul", kind of, but it could easily be an angel, too. Both fit well.

There is no doubt about it, there can be several interpretations that will make sense.

Just Finished: Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness

Currently Playing: The Secrets of Atlantis
Old 04-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #103
Senior Automaton

Yes, definitely a soul or something like that because she leads the girls back to the path to the house.

Anyway, it's a beautiful game and it's clear a lot of thought went into it. A huge contrast from most games out there which always have a lot of gameplay and no substance.